BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Edge of Seventeen, Starring Hailee Steinfeld | Out November 18
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post Oct 7 2016, 10:35 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

This is totally my sort of film, and the fact it stars Hailee is going to make it absolutely amazing for me!

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Dec 8 2016, 10:44 PM
Post #2
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
This was really good, I love a coming-of-age movie. Funny in places, emotional, it had me smiling a lot and a really nice ending. Hailee and Woody Harrelson were great together, I'd love it if it became a bit of a cult movie for teens.

It had a fab soundtrack too, I've had to seek a couple of songs out!

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Jan 29 2017, 07:22 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
A fantastic film, it met my exceedingly high expectations! Hailee was of course exceptional, she is just so relatable and so easy to root for - something that is common with all of the films I've seen her in. In one review, I read the reviewer say that there is no "big moment" that the film relies on when, typically, there is always a big twist/event that gives a film its big climax. There was no massive thing that happened in the final third in the film, most films would've had Nadine trying a suicide attempt or for Nick to rape her in that car or for Nadine to crash her mum's car so that the film has that "big moment" and for Nadine to come to her "senses". By avoiding doing that and making Nadine come to her "senses" as a result of dialogue with the teacher (agreed Jack, this was a fantastic relationship) and her brother, they have made the film superbly charming and realistic and it's so great to have something that is purely character-driven rather than event-driven.

I'm so glad this has SUCH a high critics rating and it is certainly going to become a teen film classic even though it hasn't been a major box office hit. heart.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Feb 16 2017, 01:20 AM
Post #4
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Just saw this tonight. Was pleasantly surprised by it! Hailee is a brilliant actress and seemed to have great chemistry with everyone she was on screen with! It wasn't until after the movie and I checked that her best friend was played by Hayley Lu Richardson, who I saw recently in 'Split'! She's got a great career ahead of her, I think.

I think I'd have liked this MORE had I been a teenage girl and related to it a bit more, but it was very endearing and charming. Very pleased with what I saw <3

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:48 PM