BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Radio 1 Playlist (27/07/18), Imma spread love like I'm Paddington Bear
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mangø
post Jul 27 2018, 09:17 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 151
A List
5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood [C-B-B-B-B-A-A-A-A]
A$AP Rocky feat. Skepta - Praise The Lord (Da Shine) [C-B-B-B-A-A-A-A]
AJ Tracey feat. Not3s - Butterflies [C-B-B-B-A-A-A]
^ Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman [C-B-A]
Au/Ra & CamelPhat - Panic Room [C-B-B-B-B-B-A-A]
Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin - I Like It [C-B-B-A-A-A-A-A-A-A]
Cheat Codes & Little Mix - Only You [C-C-B-A-A]
Drake - In My Feelings [A-A]
George Ezra - Shotgun [C-C-B-B-A-A-A-A-A-A-A] [Longest Runner]
^ Jax Jones feat. Mabel & Rich The Kid - Ring Ring [C-B-B-A]
Jonas Blue feat. Jack & Jack - Rise [C-B-A-A-A-A-A]
Juice WRLD - Lucid Dreams [C-B-B-A-A]
Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes [C-B-B-B-B-A-A-A-A-A]
The Carters - APESH*T [A-A-A-A-A-A]
Tiësto & Dzeko feat. Preme & Post Malone - Jackie Chan [C-B-A-A-A]

B List
Blossoms - There's A Reason Why (I Never Returned Your Calls) [C-B-B-B-B-B]
Childish Gambino - Summertime Magic [C-B-B]
Dennis Lloyd - Nevermind [C-B-B-B-B-B]
* DJ Khaled feat. Justin Bieber, Chance the Rapper & Quavo - No Brainer [B]
^ Isaac Gracie - Running On Empty [C-C-C-B]
^ Krystal Klear - Neutron Dance [C-B]
Loud Luxury feat. Brando - Body [C-C-B-B]
Maroon 5 feat. Cardi B - Girls Like You [C-B-B-B-B-B-B]
^ Martin Garrix feat. Khalid - Ocean [C-B]
Nicki Minaj feat. Ariana Grande - Bed [C-B-B-B-B-B]
Rudimental & Major Lazer feat. Anne-Marie & Mr Eazi - Let Me Live [C-C-C-B-B]
^ Sam Smith - Baby, You Make Me Crazy [C-C-C-B]
^ Steel Banglez feat. Yxng Bane & MØ - Your Lovin' [C-C-B]
TWENTY ØNE PILØTS - Jumpsuit [B-B-B]
You Me At Six - 3AM [C-B-B-B]

C List
* B Young - 079ME [C]
* Boston Bun feat. DVNO - Spread Love (Paddington) [C]
Bugzy Malone - Warning [C-C]
* Chip - Darth Vader [C]
* David Guetta feat. Anne-Marie - Don't Leave Me Alone [C]
DJ Koze - Pick Up [C-C-C]
* Ella Mai - Boo'd Up [C]
Friendly Fires - Love Like Waves [C-C-C]
Lewis Capaldi - Tough [C-C]
* Silk City feat. Daniel Merriweather - Only Can Get Better [C]
The Vamps - Just My Type [C-C]
* ZieZie - Fine Girl [C]

BBC Introducing
Another Sky - Avalanche

OUT
Dappy feat. Ay Em - Oh My [C-C-C]
Drake feat. Michael Jackson - Don't Matter To Me [A-A-A]
Pale Waves - Kiss [C-C-B-B-B]
Selena Gomez - Back To You [C-B-B-A-A-A-A-A]
Slaves - Cut And Run [C-C-C-C]
Superorganism - Night Time [C-B-B-B]
The 1975 - Give Yourself A Try [A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A]
The Hunna - NY To LA [C-B-B-B]
Tom Grennan - Barbed Wire [C-C-B-B-B-B]

You can view the Radio 1 Playlist archive here.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mangø
post Jul 27 2018, 09:18 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 151
'Don't Matter To Me' out already after only 3 weeks laugh.gif that must be a record! I know it's kinda been overshadowed/replaced by 'In My Feelings' but still, straight to A-list then out 3 weeks later is funny.

Chipmunk and Daniel Merriweather back on the playlist, it's like it's 2009 again!

I'm guessing the Khaled/Bieber song is out later today?

+Quote this post
coi
post Jul 27 2018, 09:22 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 73,240
Gutted that Don't Matter To Me has gone so quickly but I guess they don't want to have two Drake songs on the A list.

+Quote this post
Dan17F1
post Jul 27 2018, 09:25 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 35,239
Nice to have a strong load of entries this week. Finding it very strange that Dappy has already gone off the playlist considering it’s climbing quite high in the chart and it’s only had 3 weeks on the C-List. Also strange that Maroon 5 have stalled on the B-List considering it’s been in the Top 10 for weeks, I get the impression that R1 aren’t very interested in Maroon 5 anymore and playlisted it because it was doing well and had Cardi B on it.
Think there needs to be a bit of a clear out next week, I like it, Shotgun and High Hopes need to go from the A-List and hopefully DJ Kose can move up from the C-List but I don’t think it’s likely. Also, nice to see Spread Live being added, they seem to be adding a dance song almost every week at the moment which is excellent in my opinion.

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post Jul 27 2018, 09:25 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308
Glad 'Spread Love (Paddington)' has been added. 2007 style electro-house still relevant apparently! Seems much more likely to become a chart hit than follow underground dance tunes 'Neutron Dance' and 'Pick Up'.

I see Ella Mai's 'Boo'd Up' was added, good tune, sounds like its from about 2008 or 2009 when R&B songs in that sort of style seem to have been popular!

This post has been edited by The Snake: Jul 27 2018, 09:36 AM

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Jul 27 2018, 09:27 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
Nothing wildly interesting, yet again.

Except for confirmation that Daniel Merriweather is actually still alive. ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Tangela
post Jul 27 2018, 10:23 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Tangelic
User: 23,643
QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Jul 27 2018, 10:27 AM) *
Nothing wildly interesting, yet again.

Except for confirmation that Daniel Merriweather is actually still alive. ohmy.gif

He is! I like the track - though I thought it had come and gone given it came out 2-3 months ago - was expecting Silk City to wait for this Dua Lipa collab before promoting something properly...

+Quote this post
Brer
post Jul 27 2018, 10:25 AM
Post #8
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
Nice to see Ella Mai added, hoping that will eventually be a proper hit here. It's so strange how a British artist (and X Factor reject!!) has got such a massive hit in the USA while going totally unnoticed here, must have been decades since that last happened?

Silk City is a good addition too (and yes, nice to know Daniel Merriweather is still around!) and Boston Bun *__* Also good additions to the A-List. Pretty surprised actually that they're giving up entirely on 'Don't Matter To Me' - it's still doing fine in its own right even if overshadowed by 'In My Feelings', I thought they'd stick with the split plays for a while like with Ed's 'Shape Of You'/'Castle On The Hill'.

+Quote this post
Dircadirca
post Jul 27 2018, 10:47 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 19,614
QUOTE(Bré @ Jul 27 2018, 06:25 PM) *
Pretty surprised actually that they're giving up entirely on 'Don't Matter To Me' - it's still doing fine in its own right even if overshadowed by 'In My Feelings'

I actually wonder how much of its streaming longevity just comes down to the fact that it's the song right after In My Feelings on the album and since the song isn't on a single, it'll just queue up automatically if you search & play the latter. After Dark which comes directly after both tracks is showing amazing longevity compared to other non-promoted Scorpion tracks for the same reason.

+Quote this post
coi
post Jul 27 2018, 10:50 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Dircadirca @ Jul 27 2018, 11:47 AM) *
I actually wonder how much of its streaming longevity just comes down to the fact that it's the song right after In My Feelings on the album and since the song isn't on a single, it'll just queue up automatically if you search & play the latter. After Dark which comes directly after both tracks is showing amazing longevity compared to other non-promoted Scorpion tracks for the same reason.

Probably a very small number.

+Quote this post
Bjork
post Jul 27 2018, 10:51 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665
yay for Boo Up, I reckon there hasn't been a UK act doing well in the US but nothing in the UK since Bush in the mids 90s with Glycerine and all

+Quote this post
Bjork
post Jul 27 2018, 10:52 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665
the Drake/MJ is still on many playlists on spotify, super high on HH for instance

+Quote this post
Dircadirca
post Jul 27 2018, 11:13 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(coi @ Jul 27 2018, 06:50 PM) *
Probably a very small number.

After Dark is getting at least an extra 20,000 a day, and that's following a track with half as many plays as In My Feelings, a track I'd imagine people would also be more likely to just leave on, so at the very least it'd be 50,000 a day, not including all the extra plays it gets from the little bit it gets pushed up chart playlists, and perhaps however much it gets pushed up by maintaining a place on playlists due to perceived popularity (of which no doubt it has, but it's also certainly getting boosted by convenience). Over 10% of its daily plays is pretty significant imo.

+Quote this post
coi
post Jul 27 2018, 11:18 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Dircadirca @ Jul 27 2018, 12:13 PM) *
After Dark is getting at least an extra 20,000 a day, and that's following a track with half as many plays as In My Feelings, a track I'd imagine people would also be more likely to just leave on, so at the very least it'd be 50,000 a day, not including all the extra plays it gets from the little bit it gets pushed up chart playlists, and perhaps however much it gets pushed up by maintaining a place on playlists due to perceived popularity (of which no doubt it has, but it's also certainly getting boosted by convenience). Over 10% of its daily plays is pretty significant imo.

I don't think that many people would actively search out a song and then let everything else afterwards play in the background. I think it's still in the top ten primarily because people like it/want to listen to it.

+Quote this post
Dircadirca
post Jul 27 2018, 11:22 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
You only need to let it play for 30 seconds, and Don't Matter To Me is instrumental for the first 20 of those. Personally I'm the sort of outlier who stops immediately after finishing a previous song because I'm paranoid about last.fm stats. Don't get me wrong, I agree that it's primarily there because it's popular/on playlists, but I don't think this is an insignificant factor. It may well even be a case of people letting it play because they like the song, but it wouldn't have the chance if it were tucked somewhere else on the album.

+Quote this post
coi
post Jul 27 2018, 11:23 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
And After Dark is around a similar position to many other songs from the Drake album, what makes you think there's actually a correlation there?

+Quote this post
coi
post Jul 27 2018, 11:24 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Dircadirca @ Jul 27 2018, 12:22 PM) *
You only need to let it play for 30 seconds, and Don't Matter To Me is instrumental for the first 20 of those. Personally I'm the sort of outlier who stops immediately after finishing a previous song because I'm paranoid about last.fm stats. Don't get me wrong, I agree that it's primarily there because it's popular/on playlists, but I don't think this is an insignificant factor. It may well even be a case of people letting it play because they like the song, but it wouldn't have the chance if it were tucked somewhere else on the album.

Same tbh, the last.fm stuff has to be kept in control biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Dircadirca
post Jul 27 2018, 11:27 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
The thing with After Dark is that in its first week, it was one of the lower landing Drake tracks, only barely top 40 on weekly Spotify. It's now holding up better than some of his tracks that initially landed in the top 20. It could be an intangible thing like people resonating more with the track (I hesitate to believe though because the song is a bit lengthy and I think people would skip it more than others), but this explanation seems to make more sense with me, especially since In My Feelings blew up a little while after the album came out.

This post has been edited by Dircadirca: Jul 27 2018, 11:29 AM

+Quote this post
coi
post Jul 27 2018, 11:29 AM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Dircadirca @ Jul 27 2018, 12:27 PM) *
The thing with After Dark is that in its first week, it was one of the lower landing Drake tracks, only barely top 40 on weekly Spotify. It's now holding up better than some of his tracks that initially landed in the top 20. It could be an intangible thing like people resonating more with the track (I hesitate to believe though because the song is a bit lengthy and I think people would skip it more than others), but this explanation seems to make more sense with me.

I see where you're coming from there definitely, but just because a song is lengthy doesn't mean people would skip it, right? Surely it comes down to how they feel about the song? Emotionless is five minutes long and it's performing well, for example.

This post has been edited by coi: Jul 27 2018, 11:36 AM

+Quote this post
Dircadirca
post Jul 27 2018, 11:37 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(coi @ Jul 27 2018, 07:29 PM) *
I see where you're coming from there definitely, but just because a song is lengthy doesn't mean people would skip it, right? Surely it comes down to how they feel about the song?

Yeah, you can't really know for sure, and a lot of track skipping might not vary much from the popularity of the tracks in their first week (except it's pretty fair to say that Survival is diving faster than others because it's an intro track). Makes me wish I had access to a lot more data to really sink into, I love analysing stats like this. Skipping long tracks does make sense to me especially on a 90 minute album but hard to know for certain.

I'll try to stop so as not to derail the thread any further though biggrin.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:40 PM