BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Hell or High Water
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post 13th September 2016, 03:01 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Seeing this tonight but I'm quite hyped for it, seems to getting great reviews and even outsider Oscar predictions so I have high hopes for it. Even if it's bad, it'll be a worthwhile trip for Chris Pine's face, right?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 13th September 2016, 03:57 PM
Post #2
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

On paper a Western heist thriller doesn't really sound like my thing but I watched the trailer yesterday and it does look rather good and the reviews are brilliant so I'm going to try and catch it at some point over the next week!

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 14th September 2016, 11:56 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

should be oscar nominated for the performances whch were fab, the 3 principles very very impressive, the script too, but not my sort of film really, relentlessly grim and worthy. 5/10 from me though most will rate it much higher. Not enough spaceships in it for me tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 16th September 2016, 03:51 PM
Post #4
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

I enjoyed this but the accents were SO thick, I really struggled to understand any of the dialogue at all in some scenes which was a bit irritating. Tense in the right moments, strong acting from the three main characters, and strong character development to the point you really feel bad for the characters in the film. I liked the ending a lot too, had plenty of exciting moments to make the slower moments worth it.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 19th September 2016, 05:13 PM
Post #5
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

I liked this in a '7/10 - good but not something I'd watch a second time' way, just because the subject matter isn't exactly nice. It had a bit more humour than I would've expected (mainly courtesy of Jeff Bridges and the waitresses) and the performances were very strong, I wouldn't mind it snagging some acting nods. Managed to hold my interest and was just the right length really.

One thing it got me wondering, are there really some criminals that bury cars in order to cover their tracks? It just seems like such a waste laugh.gif

+Quote this post
post 19th September 2016, 06:16 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

It all felt a bit done to me. Nothing new beyond some great performances. I was entertained but have already forgotten it.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 09:59 PM