BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Chainsmokers & NGHTMRE - Save Yourself, New single out 24/8/18
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
WhoOdyssey
post Aug 23 2018, 03:20 PM
Post #1
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
New single from The Chainsmokers with DJ NGHTMRE out tonight! I doubt it's going to be pushed as it's not a very mainstream sound, it's very... aggresive. tongue.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Aug 23 2018, 03:42 PM
Post #2
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
What are they doing drama.gif

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Aug 23 2018, 06:10 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585
Holy f*** yes this is more like it *.*

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post Aug 23 2018, 06:51 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,860
I remember this ID being a huge banger so hype

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Aug 24 2018, 05:23 AM
Post #5
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

It’s basically Chainsmokers vocals under NGHTMRE production lol, exactly what I expected

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Aug 24 2018, 05:34 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Are we working towards an album here? We now have 6 songs combined together onto what is currently called the 'Sick Boy... Save Yourself EP'

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post Aug 24 2018, 06:31 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,860
Yeah this is just a NGHTMRE song but I’m a sucker for that sort of stuff rehab so I can’t complain

+Quote this post
Rush
post Aug 24 2018, 11:40 AM
Post #8
Group icon
wayback machine gif rescuer
User: 18,564
QUOTE(lewistgreen @ Aug 24 2018, 03:34 PM) *
Are we working towards an album here? We now have 6 songs combined together onto what is currently called the 'Sick Boy... Save Yourself EP'
From a possibly-out-of-date article in March:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business...ink-album-cycle
After The Chainsmokers presented their 2018 release strategy to their record label last fall, the plan was so complicated that Columbia Records vp sales Joe Gallo had to buy a new dry-erase board. Columbia’s team spent three weeks scribbling out the idea -- a single will come out every month on Spotify, Apple Music and the rest, atop a new EP containing each previous single.

“We wrote out a road map,” recalls Gallo. “We wanted to create what we’re calling a ‘waterfall.’ As we go with the second and third tracks, the waterfall keeps getting larger and larger.”

In January, The Chainsmokers put out “Sick Boy” as what appeared to be a standard single release; in February, “You Owe Me” arrived as a two-song bundle on ­streaming ­services with “Sick Boy” in the second slot; since the third single, “Everybody Hates Me,” dropped March 16, it has topped the three-song bundle. This ­cascading process will repeat until a 12-song album drops in December. Adam Alpert, CEO of the band’s longtime label, Columbia partner Disruptor Records, came up with what he calls the “building the album” strategy. “Every song will get a new boost in ­consumption,” he says.
I thought they'd given up on it after 'Somebody' in April, as they didn't release anything in May (or June), and put out the 4-track bundle as 'Sick Boy' rather than 'Sick Boy...Somebody', and soon changed the artwork from the 'Somebody' one to the original 'Sick Boy' cover (making it look like a regular EP), which would've been understandable (though kind of embarrassing for them) as the songs' performance has probably been a disappointment. Though they've resumed it, I do wonder if they did still decide to change direction, as 'Side Effects' and 'Save Yourself' both sound quite different to the first 4 to me (in opposite ways). It probably makes sense to continue the ~waterfall~ either way, and I'm quite interested to see how far they'll take it (still 12 tracks and/or December?). The ever-growing/updating album concept has been floating around for a while and I remember Matoma doing it a few years ago, but only as a playlist. The first artist I noticed really try it out with actual releases was Billie Eilish last year, building up to an 8-track EP (later 9 tracks with an added remix):

Since then I've seen it become really common to group together pre-album singles or back an instant grat with the target single, for example:

I like following these release strategies as you can tell kink.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Aug 24 2018, 11:45 AM
Post #9
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Jesus Christ this is terrible, it sounds like listening to a washing machine cycle while you're on acid.....

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Aug 24 2018, 12:31 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
QUOTE(Liаm @ Aug 24 2018, 12:45 PM) *
Jesus Christ this is terrible, it sounds like listening to a washing machine cycle while you're on acid.....

laugh.gif

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Sep 16 2018, 03:03 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Dec 21 2018, 05:56 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
VIP VIP VIP

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:50 PM