BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Premier League Predictions 2020/21
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Houdini
post Sep 1 2020, 11:35 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725
There's only 11 days until the new Premier League season starts so how do you think things will turn out over the coming months? hopefully the season will actually finish in May this time!

1. Liverpool
2. Manchester City
3. Manchester United
4. Chelsea
5. Tottenham Hotspur
6. Arsenal
7. Wolverhampton Wanderers
8. Leicester City
9. Southampton
10. Everton
11. Newcastle United
12. Sheffield United
13. Crystal Palace
14. Leeds United
15. Burnley
16. Brighton & Hove Albion
17. West Bromwich Albion
18. West Ham United
19. Aston Villa
20. Fulham

Points total for the champions: 94
Top scorer: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Player of the year: Kevin De Bruyne
First manager to get sacked: David Moyes (West Ham United)

It is very hard to predict the winners of the league and I could have had either Liverpool or Manchester City at the top of the table but I've gone with Liverpool retaining the title. I think the top 4 will be the same in the same order as the previous season with Tottenham & Arsenal rounding off the top 6. I went with Wolves finishing in their favourite position of 7th, based of how they ended last season I don't think Leicester will be in contention for a Champions League spot, Sheffield United should have another decent season and Leeds should do best out of the promoted sides. West Ham's and Aston Villa's time might be up this season and Fulham don't look equipped to stay in the league.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Sep 1 2020, 07:49 PM
Post #2
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
1. Liverpool
2. Manchester City
3. Chelsea
4. Manchester United
5. Arsenal
6. Leicester
7. Spurs
8. Southampton
9. Wolves
10. Everton
11. Burnley
12. Brighton
13. Leeds
14. Sheffield Utd
15. West Ham
16. Crystal Palace
17. Newcastle United
18. West Brom
19. Aston Villa
20. Fulham

I'm basing Liverpool winning the league on signing Thiago. If we don't sign Thiago I think some of the draws we turned in to wins last year might end up being draws. Manchester City, even if they sign Messi, I think will do better than last season but there are still gaping holes that can be got at, especially if they go behind in games. Chelsea have bought some good players, but not sure how Silva plays in Frank's ridiculously high line? He will help them close out games if they need to be compact but he can't play in a massive high line. And I don't think they are going to get the keeper they need. Man Utd similarly, too many holes defensively for me.

Arsenal will do OK, I'm not convinced about Spurs yet. They are signing mid-table players, it reminds me a lot of Liverpool in 2011-2012. Plus Europa will be an absolute killer in the first half of the season. They need to start well as their fixtures are brutal come winter. I think Southampton will be the best of the rest. I'm basing Leeds where they are with Bielsa lasting the whole season. If he goes, I think they could struggle?

At the bottom of the league its anyone's game really, I think Palace could struggle this season. Villa look certs to me to go down. Any injury to Grealish and that's then gone.

Points total for the champions: 93
Top scorer: Tino Werner
Player of the year: Sadio Mane
First manager to get sacked: Scott Parker

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Sep 1 2020, 08:34 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
I don't think Palace will struggle witH Roy in charge!

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Sep 2 2020, 10:08 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
There's always one team that ends the previous season horribly but is never in real threat of danger after having had a good first half of the season. They then keep that run into the next season and suddenly become a "surprise" relegation candidate. Palace perfectly fit that void this season, I think they have a real strong chance of going down.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Sep 2 2020, 10:43 AM
Post #5
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(Dobbo @ Sep 2 2020, 11:08 AM) *
There's always one team that ends the previous season horribly but is never in real threat of danger after having had a good first half of the season. They then keep that run into the next season and suddenly become a "surprise" relegation candidate. Palace perfectly fit that void this season, I think they have a real strong chance of going down.

Totally agree. They have no defence again! They rely too much on Zaha (although he was terrible last season). I think they will still be OK, but I could see them struggling. I'm most interested to see how Wolves do now they will be without Jonny and Doherty.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Sep 2 2020, 02:01 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
Yeh there is always one like that is right Dobbo tbf, I just think Palace would have been down long ago only for the right managerial appointment in Hodgson. It's the same with many premier league clubs such as Burnley, Stoke back in the day and Brighton.

Think Palaces defence is their strong point due to the way they play with Cahill, Sahko and Scott Dann

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Sep 4 2020, 01:11 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Let's do this then:

1. Liverpool (they finished last season poorly by their standards and no way they'll win it next year as convincingly but I can't make a stronger case for anyone else)
2. Chelsea (a bit of a punt but I'm seriously impressed by their summer recruitment, will definitely push for the title)
3. Man City (ageing squad and shaky defence will cost them, Pep's final season in charge before he gets bored)
4. Tottenham (2nd season for Mourinho which historically always is his best season, probably a cup too but the talent in the squad should get them back in the top 4)
5. Man United (perhaps a little pessimistic but I think we overachieved in the second half of last season, still concerned by the defence & gk situation)
6. Arsenal (I do rate Arteta so I actually wouldn't be surprised for them to get into the top 4 but I can't see them being consistent enough)
7. Everton (this is the absolute minimum for them given the money spent & marquis manager at the helm, definitely due a stronger showing)
8. Southampton (the way they kicked on from last season makes me think that'll continue into this one, pretty strong across the field)
9. Wolves (another solid showing from them but I feel they might drop away a little bit even without European football, no Jonny & Doherty could be troublesome)
10. Leicester (given their appalling form in 2020 I think it'll continue into next season as a bit of a hangover, flattered to deceive last year)
11. Leeds (quite rightly being predicted to do good things this season but I'm not feeling a Wolves/Sheffield like first season for them)
12. Burnley (standard mid-table position for them, Burnley doing Burnley and Dyche doing Dyche)
13. West Ham (no chance Moyes is lasting the season so this is assuming they get a better manager in and have a temporary bounce)
14. Sheffield United (not quite second season syndrome but would be shocked if they get top 10 again, we'll see how big a loss Henderson will be)
15. Newcastle (a bit more of a struggle this year but still a decent buffer to relegation, think they got a few lucky wins last year)
16. West Brom (my pick for the surprise survival, I rate Bilic and think they've got enough about them to survive)
17. Crystal Palace (no doubt on a massive downward spiral from last season, think they'll be in the bottom 3 for periods this season but just scrape survival)
18. Brighton (maybe controversial but I'm just not convinced by their team at all, will be this season's Bournemouth who weren't considered relegation fodder to start with)
19. Aston Villa (lucky as hell to survive last season, can't see them pulling it off another time around)
20. Fulham (could be wrong but have to put someone bottom, not sure they're any better than when they were in the league 2 seasons ago)

Champions points: 92 (which would be the lowest in 5 seasons!)
Top scorer: Werner
Top assister: De Bruyne
Player of Season: Werner
Young Player of Season: Alexander-Arnold
First managerial sacking: Hodgson

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Sep 4 2020, 11:03 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
Haven’t done this yet because for the first time I a long while outside the top 3 I have no idea of the order. I mean if Fulham keep Mitrovic fully fit he could score them the goals? Same with some others!

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Sep 7 2020, 10:11 PM
Post #9
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
1. Liverpool
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester City
4. Manchester United
5. Arsenal
6. Wolves
7. Tottenham
8. Everton
9. Leicester City
10. Southampton
11. Leeds
12. Burnley
13. Brighton
14. Sheffield United
15. Newcastle United
16. Crystal Palace
17. West Ham United
18. Aston Villa
19. West Brom
20. Fulham

Champions points: 92
Player of the year: Saido Mane
Young player of the year: Mason Greenwood

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post Sep 8 2020, 08:14 PM
Post #10
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118
It's always more difficult predicting in seasons that start before the transfer window closes... Newcastle have risen at least three places since this time last week. I don't want to put Burnley so low but think they will run out of luck at some point and 0 signings so far to what was a very thin squad. Fulham will be better than West Brom, much more defensively solid which usually what transfers well upon promotion. I was tempted to put Leeds higher.

1 Man City
2 Liverpool
3 Chelsea
4 Man Utd
5 Arsenal
6 Wolves
7 Southampton
8 Spurs
9 Leicester
10 Everton
11 Leeds
12 Brighton
13 Villa
14 Newcaste
15 Sheffield United
16 Burnley
17 Crystal Palace
18 Fulham
19 West Ham
20 West Brom

This post has been edited by RabbitFurCoat: Sep 8 2020, 08:17 PM

+Quote this post
awardinary
post Sep 9 2020, 09:29 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

1. Liverpool
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester United
4. Manchester City
5. Arsenal
6. Wolverhampton Wanderers
7. Tottenham Hotspur
8. Everton
9. Sheffield United
10. Newcastle United
11. Leeds United
12. West Ham United
13. Leicester City
14. Southampton
15. Burnley
16. West Bromwich Albion
17. Brighton & Hove Albion
18. Crystal Palace
19. Fulham
20. Aston Villa

Points total for the champions: 92
Top scorer: Danny Ings
Player of the year: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
First manager to get sacked: Graham Potter (Brighton & Hove Albion)

+Quote this post
Sarah
post Sep 12 2020, 11:18 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 763
1 Liverpool
2 Manchester City
3 Manchester United
4 Chelsea
5 Arsenal
6 Tottenham Hotspur
7 Leicester City
8 Wolverhampton Wanderers
9 Sheffield United
10 Everton
11 Southampton
12 Brighton & Hove Albion
13 Newcastle United
14 Burnley
15 Leeds United
16 Crystal Palace
17 West Ham United
18 Aston Villa
19 Fulham
20 West Bromwich Albion

Points total for the champions: 96
Top scorer: Raheem Sterling
First manager to get sacked: Dean Smith (Aston Villa)

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Sep 14 2020, 07:10 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
1 Manchester City
2 Manchester United
3 Liverpool
4 Arsenal
5 Chelsea
6 Wolves
7 Everton
8 Tottenham
9 Leicester City
10 Leeds United
11 Newcastle United
12 Burnley
13 Sheffield United
14 Brighton & Hove Albion
15 Crystal Palace
16 West Ham
17 Southampton
18 Aston Villa
19 Fulham
20 West Bromwich Albion

Points total for the champions: 89
Top scorer: Raul Jimenez (Wolves)
Player of the year: Penandes (Manchester United)
First manager to get sacked: Slavin Billic (West Brom)

This post has been edited by Steve201: Sep 14 2020, 07:36 PM

+Quote this post
Houdini
post May 23 2021, 05:10 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725
QUOTE(Houdini @ Sep 1 2020, 12:35 PM) *
There's only 11 days until the new Premier League season starts so how do you think things will turn out over the coming months? hopefully the season will actually finish in May this time!

1. Liverpool
2. Manchester City
3. Manchester United
4. Chelsea
5. Tottenham Hotspur
6. Arsenal
7. Wolverhampton Wanderers
8. Leicester City
9. Southampton
10. Everton
11. Newcastle United
12. Sheffield United
13. Crystal Palace
14. Leeds United
15. Burnley
16. Brighton & Hove Albion
17. West Bromwich Albion
18. West Ham United
19. Aston Villa
20. Fulham

Points total for the champions: 94
Top scorer: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
It is very hard to predict the winners of the league and I could have had either Liverpool or Manchester City at the top of the table but I've gone with Liverpool retaining the title. I think the top 4 will be the same in the same order as the previous season with Tottenham & Arsenal rounding off the top 6. I went with Wolves finishing in their favourite position of 7th, based of how they ended last season I don't think Leicester will be in contention for a Champions League spot, Sheffield United should have another decent season and Leeds should do best out of the promoted sides. West Ham's and Aston Villa's time might be up this season and Fulham don't look equipped to stay in the league.

3 out of 20 positions right for me this time. I severely under-predicted West Ham and underestimated David Moyes. I was very close with Newcastle and Crystal Palace.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post May 23 2021, 05:36 PM
Post #15
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
QUOTE(Mack. @ Sep 7 2020, 11:11 PM) *
1. Liverpool
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester City
4. Manchester United
5. Arsenal
6. Wolves
7. Tottenham
8. Everton
9. Leicester City
10. Southampton
11. Leeds
12. Burnley
13. Brighton
14. Sheffield United
15. Newcastle United
16. Crystal Palace
17. West Ham United
18. Aston Villa
19. West Brom
20. Fulham

Champions points: 92
Player of the year: Saido Mane
Young player of the year: Mason Greenwood

2 out of 20, underestimated Moyes.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post May 23 2021, 05:44 PM
Post #16
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(Rooney @ Sep 1 2020, 08:49 PM) *
1. Liverpool
2. Manchester City
3. Chelsea
4. Manchester United
5. Arsenal
6. Leicester
7. Spurs
8. Southampton
9. Wolves
10. Everton
11. Burnley
12. Brighton
13. Leeds
14. Sheffield Utd
15. West Ham
16. Crystal Palace
17. Newcastle United
18. West Brom
19. Aston Villa
20. Fulham

Quite happy with that overall! I only got two right but apart from predicting Villa to go down and West Ham's European push I don't think there were any glaringly obvious mistakes. I'll come again strong next season!

+Quote this post
Steve201
post May 23 2021, 07:01 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
QUOTE(Steve201 @ Sep 14 2020, 08:10 PM) *
1 Manchester City
2 Manchester United
3 Liverpool
4 Arsenal
5 Chelsea
6 Wolves
7 Everton
8 Tottenham
9 Leicester City
10 Leeds United
11 Newcastle United
12 Burnley
13 Sheffield United
14 Brighton & Hove Albion
15 Crystal Palace
16 West Ham
17 Southampton
18 Aston Villa
19 Fulham
20 West Bromwich Albion

Points total for the champions: 89
Top scorer: Raul Jimenez (Wolves)
Player of the year: Penandes (Manchester United)
First manager to get sacked: Slavin Billic (West Brom)

Top 3 right wing bad! Underestimated Moysey as ever and overestimated Sheff United! Also missed out on getting more correct by 1 spot which ain’t bad. So only out on West Ham, Leicester and Wolves! Think Billic was first out too?
Only one win off the right points total as well lol.

This post has been edited by steve201: May 23 2021, 07:05 PM

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Jun 1 2021, 02:09 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Dobbo @ Sep 4 2020, 02:11 PM) *
Let's do this then:

1. Liverpool (they finished last season poorly by their standards and no way they'll win it next year as convincingly but I can't make a stronger case for anyone else)
2. Chelsea (a bit of a punt but I'm seriously impressed by their summer recruitment, will definitely push for the title)
3. Man City (ageing squad and shaky defence will cost them, Pep's final season in charge before he gets bored)
4. Tottenham (2nd season for Mourinho which historically always is his best season, probably a cup too but the talent in the squad should get them back in the top 4)
5. Man United (perhaps a little pessimistic but I think we overachieved in the second half of last season, still concerned by the defence & gk situation)
6. Arsenal (I do rate Arteta so I actually wouldn't be surprised for them to get into the top 4 but I can't see them being consistent enough)
7. Everton (this is the absolute minimum for them given the money spent & marquis manager at the helm, definitely due a stronger showing)
8. Southampton (the way they kicked on from last season makes me think that'll continue into this one, pretty strong across the field)
9. Wolves (another solid showing from them but I feel they might drop away a little bit even without European football, no Jonny & Doherty could be troublesome)
10. Leicester (given their appalling form in 2020 I think it'll continue into next season as a bit of a hangover, flattered to deceive last year)
11. Leeds (quite rightly being predicted to do good things this season but I'm not feeling a Wolves/Sheffield like first season for them)
12. Burnley (standard mid-table position for them, Burnley doing Burnley and Dyche doing Dyche)
13. West Ham (no chance Moyes is lasting the season so this is assuming they get a better manager in and have a temporary bounce)
14. Sheffield United (not quite second season syndrome but would be shocked if they get top 10 again, we'll see how big a loss Henderson will be)
15. Newcastle (a bit more of a struggle this year but still a decent buffer to relegation, think they got a few lucky wins last year)
16. West Brom (my pick for the surprise survival, I rate Bilic and think they've got enough about them to survive)
17. Crystal Palace (no doubt on a massive downward spiral from last season, think they'll be in the bottom 3 for periods this season but just scrape survival)
18. Brighton (maybe controversial but I'm just not convinced by their team at all, will be this season's Bournemouth who weren't considered relegation fodder to start with)
19. Aston Villa (lucky as hell to survive last season, can't see them pulling it off another time around)
20. Fulham (could be wrong but have to put someone bottom, not sure they're any better than when they were in the league 2 seasons ago)

Champions points: 92 (which would be the lowest in 5 seasons!)
Top assister: De Bruyne
Player of Season: Werner
Young Player of Season: Alexander-Arnold
First managerial sacking: Hodgson

Absolutely f***ing hopeless laugh.gif on every single category too!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:50 PM