BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Inside Out', Disney Pixar's first of two originals in 2015!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 10th December 2014, 10:19 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

'Inside Out' is the first of three planned Pixar releases, which are released all within a year, and the first of two ORIGINAL stories (the other being 'The Good Dinosaur' (winter 2015) and with 'Finding Dory' - Summer 2016, being a sequel). It looks like good fun, but kind of a little confusing at the same time/being hard to follow at some points! Interesting to see that they've gone for something like this though.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 11th February 2015, 07:22 PM
Post #2
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

This looks amazing. laugh.gif

I agree that it could potentially be a little confusing (to keep track of which mind we're in) but I'm very interested to see where it goes with that trailer only focusing on the one scene.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 11th February 2015, 07:39 PM
Post #3
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

I'm very excited about this as it's a very interesting concept! I hope it does well just for the fact that it might encourage Pixar to do less sequels drama.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 10th March 2015, 04:12 PM
Post #4
Group icon

Another full length trailer has premiered today!

OH YES PIXAR. THIS IS THE SORT OF STUFF YOU SHOULD BE DOING. YES. YES. YESSSSS!

+Quote this post
post 18th May 2015, 06:34 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

This was screened at Cannes last night and the early reviews have Pixar back up the 'excellent' territory they haven't been able to pull back since Toy Story 3.

I wasn't too excited about this after Cars 2, Brave, Monster's University - but seeing as it's 100% with an array of 5 star reviews - it's right to the top of the hype chart for me. Watching a top form Pixar film for the first time is such an experience!

+Quote this post
Hadji
post 18th May 2015, 10:00 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,386

I will definitely be watching this on the day it's released

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 18th May 2015, 10:51 PM
Post #7
Group icon

I'm ridiculously excited for this. I really hope the current reviews aren't lying and that this truly is a great film! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Hadji
post 18th May 2015, 11:09 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,386

Having two Pixar films released this year makes up for none being released last year

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 18th May 2015, 11:24 PM
Post #9
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

So excited for this, looks so funny and amazing and is a fabulous concept! heart.gif

+Quote this post
post 22nd July 2015, 12:42 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

I keep forgetting to comment. But I've seen this twice now, and it's incredible. The best Pixar film since Toy Story 3, EASILY.

The film explores the human mind with much sensitivity and complexity. And there is one part that is utterly heartbreaking. All I will say is Bing Bong :'(

'Take her to the moon for me' Dies.

+Quote this post
NellyEverySundae
post 22nd July 2015, 03:31 PM
Post #11
Group icon
#TeamKrustyKrab
User: 20,675

I didn't think the movie would have such a strong message of the importance of sadness in life - a really though provoking message for me ohmy.gif

I found the latter half of the movie quite sad, I especially felt really sympathetic for the girl and the imaginary friend towards the end

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 22nd July 2015, 03:32 PM
Post #12
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

I am so so excited for this, hopefully seeing it next week wub.gif

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 24th July 2015, 05:58 PM
Post #13
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

Firstly, I want Amy Poehler to be a voice inside my mind. I don't know anyone who embodies 'joy' more than her, such perfect casting even in a voice role.

It truly was perfect, I got a little teary when Bing Bong sacrificed himself and also sad when Joy was going to abandon Sadness! sad.gif

Really funny too, I LOVED the opening and it had such a good ending and fun credits. I really couldn't fault it, I think it may be the best of the 50-ish movies I've seen this year so far. Can't wait to go and see it a second time.

And I think it's a case of a great trailer too. The one that focused on one scene got me interested but it really gives nothing away in terms of all the other bits inside the mind!

ps. I Lava you love.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 29th July 2015, 08:04 PM
Post #14
Group icon
User: 13,007

Totally incredible film. The most emotional film Pixar have ever done (and that is saying something). I was welled up with sadness throughout it and actually had tears at two points. I went into it without knowing ANYTHING except my brother saying that the concept is like nothing you can imagine and the setting is totally unique.. He was right! Brilliantly cast throughout, each of the 5 emotions were perfect.

QUOTE(Nelly. S @ Jul 22 2015, 04:31 PM) *
I didn't think the movie would have such a strong message of the importance of sadness in life - a really though provoking message for me ohmy.gif

That's what grabbed me most about it! Pixar are always on point with their messages, but the message here of embracing your sadness and letting it power through your life was particularly brave i thought.

Certainly a film targetted more at teenagers/adults that under 11s who will not get a LOT of the content, but still, yet another timeless Pixar classic to add to the collection.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 29th July 2015, 08:17 PM
Post #15
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

What an utterly fantastic film, surely one of the greatest concepts in movie history let alone kids movie history. I laughed more times in this film out loud than I have in many comedy films in recent years and when I came out the cinema I couldn't stop beaming for minutes after, even though I tried to downplay it I couldn't even stop the grin from showing all over my face. The only thing it really lacked was pulling at my heartstrings but I guess it came close when Bing Bong died, I think I'd have felt worse if we didn't meet him as a thief. There were so many moments just felt so special, the visuals were just so exciting and really brought out my inner eight year old, even the little skit in the closing credits where we see in the minds of all the minor characters just felt so sweet.

I know I sound like a bit of a loon here but I wasn't even expecting much going into it, I'm so surprised by how fantastic it was. Film of the year material really and I was NOT expecting that after enjoying Jurassic World so much too. I really feel like this has the potential to be and really should be the Toy Story of the next generation.

I'd watch a sequel in a heartbeat, I'd die of happiness to be honest if they made into a film franchise.

YES PIXAR YES

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 30th July 2015, 06:14 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Honestly the best Pixar film since Toy Story 3. So clever and watchable.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 30th July 2015, 06:30 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

The kids absolutely loved it, and so did I, the best Pixar movie ever, hoping for a sequel.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 30th July 2015, 08:36 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

Seeing it on Wednesday

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 31st July 2015, 06:47 PM
Post #19
Group icon

I can't really add anything that hasn't already been said. Such a stunningly animated, shot and directed movie. A film about emotions was bound to get your emotions all over the place and I'm just thrilled that it actually succeeded in that and felt genuine. MORE LIKE THIS PLEASE PIXAR! wub.gif

Also, I really loved the little short. It's not one of the best shorts they've done, but it was so sweet and I almost cried!

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 1st August 2015, 11:21 PM
Post #20
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454

I saw this recently and really liked it.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 08:58 PM