BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Inside Out', Disney Pixar's first of two originals in 2015!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post 3rd August 2015, 11:21 AM
Post #21
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Just keep thinking about how creative some of the ways things in the mind were shown, like I loved the Dreams factory and how there were little blobs working overnight with all their little props and then they stick in a reality filter and the dream gets played in Riley's mind, it was all just wow this is so cool.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 9th August 2015, 03:43 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

My only real nig is how come everyone's brain was gendered to the person in question, whereas Riley had male and female emotions? Were they hinting at bisexuality one wonders?

Ps. The Lava film was adorbz.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 12th August 2015, 05:01 PM
Post #23
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

QUOTE(barbaric_dan @ Aug 9 2015, 04:43 PM) *
My only real nig is how come everyone's brain was gendered to the person in question, whereas Riley had male and female emotions? Were they hinting at bisexuality one wonders?

I think you have an interesting point and it's not something I'd picked up on. Personally I doubt it means anything, 98% of the movie is on her emotions so I'd just put it down to providing variety.

Went to see this a second time today. Need a full version of the gum tune sad.gif

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 23rd August 2015, 06:24 PM
Post #24
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

I finally saw this today, completely lived up the hype and for sure Pixar's best (original) film since Up. Hopefully starts a similar line of

I know they are clearly extremely creative when it comes to kids films but I didn't quite expect this to be so inventive yet realistic with it's depiction of the mind! From the dream studios to Imagination land to memory disposals of unimportant themes (but always remembering that one annoying tune laugh.gif), it was all so brilliantly done (and beautifully animated and characterised ofc.), but I think the best thing about it was it so realistic and relateable in its themes of maturing The imaginary friend being forgotten (cry.gif) in particular massively resonated with me, plus Joy allowing Sadness to take control and becoming less predominant as Riley grew older, both such perfect metaphorical messages

It's weird as I don't know if it's themes and very intense psychology could really relate much to kids below like 9 or something, so I feel it's more suitable to an adult audience in that respect, and I did hear some children wondering what was going on in the plots while their parents frantically shushing them. Quite an achievement for that kind of film I think!

Gah, I could write so much about this but I'll save that for my dissertation which this will be very helpful towards kink.gif So glad to have the Pixar we know and love back wub.gif

(Lava was lovely too <3)

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: 23rd August 2015, 06:25 PM

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post 29th January 2016, 12:01 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742

"Inside Out" was the latest project from Pixar in collaboration with Disney! It had very good earnings in the first three days of viewing in my country, after hitting comfortably on top of the domestic box office and remained in first place the first and second week of projection. It also sold 152,000 tickets in 11 days. I rarely watch animated films in the cinema, mainly because I am a bit older, and there are hardly any films of this genre that I've ever seen on the big screen. They are numbered on the fingers of one hand. I usually prefer seeing them on DVD with good company. However, its official trailer and its plot intrigued me that it would be something very remarkable.
The central idea of the story has to do with the five basic emotions of people. According to various studies which were made by the movie’s team, emotions range from 4 to 27. However, 5 were chosen from a list! These are Joy, Sadness, Fear, Anger and Disgust which are portrayed by five main characters of the script. However, the central figure of the story is the 11 year-old Riley, who harmonically lives with her parents in a small town in Minnesota. However, when her father found a new job in San Francisco, he will make the decision to move there with the other members of his family. However, Riley will struggle in the new environment and her feelings will be activated instantly creating a big fuss in the mind of Central Control! "Inside Out" is based on a clever script idea that was inspired by Pete Docter along with Ronnie del Carmen. Docter’s contribution was not limited to the invention of Inside Out, since he undertook the directing and he wrote the script along with Meg LeFauve and Josh Cooley! He did an excellent job in all fields and he offered to his audience a gifted animation. The processing of color was excellent and there was detailed work on the characters of the story. Despite this, what won me the most was the script of the film, since "Inside Out" is a film that it does not pretend to be for a particular audience or age group. It is seen pleasantly by children, teenagers and adults and its plot puzzles everyone. This shows that animations have made a tremendous progress in comparison with those that we saw twenty years ago.
"Inside Out" was a pleasant surprise and to be honest, one of my best girl friends motivated me to watch it on the big screen! It has had great success within and outside the United States and it is the 10th commercial animated film worldwide! Besides, it got good reviews and has garnered a very high average by IMDb users (8,3)! "Inside Out" is a film that appeals to all ages, it is filled with many emotions and I wish to see similar concepts in the near future!

This post has been edited by Insomnio: 29th January 2016, 10:45 AM

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 11:49 PM