BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> GMAYL vs I Don't Give A vs Bitch I'm A Madonna
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
GMAYL vs I Don't Give A vs Bitch I'm A Madonna
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 25
Guests cannot vote 
HausofKubrick
post Dec 22 2015, 09:22 PM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

So Madonna isn't really into her collaborations but for some reason she has teamed up with Ms. Minaj multiple times and even twice on the same album at one point! The question is, which is your favourite?

John, you are not allowed to say "THEY ARE ALL SO SHIT!!!1" please just pick a favourite whether you love them or hate them dry.gif

Vote for your favourite one in the poll and if you can, rank the three of them in the thread below biggrin.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Dec 22 2015, 09:30 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
I Don't Give A quite easily, I do like the other two but that's probably my Madge fave of this decade except maybe Ghosttown and Masterpiece.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Dec 22 2015, 09:40 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
GAYLUV is iconic, but I Don't Give A pips it for me.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Dec 22 2015, 09:45 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I'd probably say 'I Don't Give A'. It's the most interesting of the 3, it has attitude and a better chorus.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Dec 22 2015, 09:53 PM
Post #5
Group icon
After much deliberation I voted 'Give Me All Your Luvin''. Definitely between that and 'I Don't Give A' but I went for the former in the end.

Give Me All Your Luvin > I Don't Give A >>>> Bitch I'm Madonna (which I do still like).

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Dec 23 2015, 12:21 AM
Post #6
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
I Don't Give A, is definitely the strongest out of the 3. Still to this day why the hell was "GMAYL" released as the lead single from that era, and don't get me started on that "BIM" coz that's even worse.

+Quote this post
Qween
post Dec 23 2015, 12:52 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
But, but they ARE all shit.

No, I actually LOVE I Don't Give A. I mean it probably is shit and in the general Madonna canon it is definitely in the lower echelons but it's a lot of fun and it's the only one of the 3 were Nicki sounds like she's on the same song as Madge, rather than just being a rent a mouth.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post Dec 23 2015, 03:24 PM
Post #8
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335
GMAYL is still fantastic. I don't get why so few people like it.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Dec 23 2015, 03:57 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I like GMAYL (in a way), but its non-event chorus totally lets it down.

I still adore the video though.

+Quote this post
vibe
post Dec 23 2015, 05:34 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
Easily bitch

Gmayl I wish was never a single .

+Quote this post
jark
post Dec 24 2015, 02:45 PM
Post #11
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
I Don't Give A is my favourite by far and probably the third-best song on MDNA. I've always quite like GAYLUV too. Bitch I'm Madonna has its moments also.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Dec 28 2015, 12:54 AM
Post #12
Group icon
Results are in the correct order for me 👍

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Jan 28 2016, 06:20 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
I'm stuck between deciding whether 'Give Me All Your Luvin' is decent or bad. I feel like I only ever tried to like it because it's Madonna and it kick-started the first Madonna era I was old enough to follow properly but at the same time I feel I judge it too seriously and should just enjoy it for what it is. It's clear she's trying to have fun on this record and the cheerleader chants work as a catchy hook but her delivery just falls flat throughout. It says something when the featured artists' raps are what I look forward to most. All in all, it really shouldn't have been lead single and I feel the main reasons it was released was due to the crediting and the fact its theme suits the Super Bowl.

'I Don't Give a' is a much more successful collaboration. If Madonna wanted to do fun with this album, this was the sort of thing she should have been doing more of. Despite the production being aggressive and spiky and the rap adding a bit more seriousness, there's still a clear tongue-n-cheek kinda vibe about it which works because it's backed up by a good song. Madonna's vocals are still on the weak side (like the majority of MDNA) but it's much easier to look passed. Also, Nicki's rap definitely feels like it's part of the song.

I can accept claims that it's her worst song ever but I've a huge soft spot for 'Bitch I'm Madonna'. You do need to be in the right mood for it and have it turned up loud but, when it hits you right, it hits you gooood. The production is chaotic but is great to just go crazy to and there's hooks galore. I even managed to master the Nicki rap. heehee.gif I probably wouldn't want another 'Bitch' but this works as a nice moment of madness on an otherwise largely sensible album. I think my vote goes to this.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:37 AM