BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rihanna to star in "Unfiltered Documentary".
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Apr 13 2016, 03:45 PM
Post #1
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

If you follow Rihanna's Instagram, it might feel like you have a pretty good look at her on- and off-stage life. But director Peter Berg thinks there's way more to the "Work" singer's story. According to Deadline, Berg ("Lone Survivor") has launched a new production company, Film 45, which will focus on non-scripted projects, with one of the first efforts described as a theatrical feature documentary about Rihanna that he will direct.

Intended as a modern take on the iconic 1967 Bob Dylan rock documentary Don't Look Back, the Rihanna project is described as an "unfiltered look into Rihanna's life and how she's ascended to become a global icon." Berg, who directed Rihanna in her first major film role in the 2012 flop Battleship said he was attracted to the idea of looking at "a young artist at the top of her professional field," describing the doc as "much more a character study than a music film."

In a tease for the movie on the Film 45 site, Berg describes it this way: "Follow this true international superstar as she navigates life as an artist, businesswoman, and humanitarian, while contending with the inherent pressure of artistic freedom. Peter Berg's Rihanna is an unfiltered look into Rihanna's life and how she's ascended to become a global icon, providing a glimpse into the evolution of one of the world's most well-known pop artists." The 45 site says the film is "coming soon," though no specific release date has been announced.
SOURCE

Love documentaries, especially about people we think we know. So I'm looking forward to catching this. Hopefully it's true, anyway!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:38 PM