BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> This Way Up, Channel 4 comedy by Aisling Bea
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post 22nd August 2019, 07:16 PM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

QUOTE(Radio Times)
Aine is an English-as-a-foreign language (TEFL) teacher who’s trying to piece her life back together following a nervous breakdown. At her side is her sister, Shona, a finance whizz who worries about Aine — and whether she has room for her boyfriend in her flat since she bought a new coffee table…

The TEFL school where Aine works is also full of lost characters, each hoping to achieve happiness in the face of both social and psychological barriers.

Channel 4 describe the show as a “pin-sharp, poignant comedy which, with warmth and keen-edged wit, shows that the journey to happiness is harder for some than others.”

It is written by and starring Aisling Bea. Sharon Horgan also stars. I believe all episodes are now available on All 4.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 22nd August 2019, 07:18 PM
Post #2
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

I love Sharon Horgan and also like a lot of Aisling Bea's work. I love the themes it also seems to be exploring so will be interested to check this out.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 25th September 2019, 10:26 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Working my way through this now, I'm on episode 4 and I've seen a lot of comparisons to Fleabag, honestly if we're gonna compare them... This is arguably every bit as good! The comedy gets better the worse than Aine feels and the more that goes wrong, but I love that.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 08:56 PM