BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
147 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> The Tory lies and deceit thread
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Popchartfreak
post Aug 30 2016, 08:46 PM
Post #81
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Aug 30 2016, 09:12 PM) *
Just in case you were in any doubt, there is further evidence today that Cameron has no sense of shame. He has already bowed out with a resignation honours list packed with peerages for leading Tory donors to add to those he created at a record rate while he was in Downing Street. We also know that he awarded his special advisers six months' pay instead of the contractual four months' pay when they lest their jobs in July. He did that despite very strong advice from senior civil servants.

Today it has been revealed that those same special advisers received pay increases of over 20% shortly before they lost their jobs, thereby increasing the size of their pay-off even further.

Meanwhile, it's the same in local gov for those at the top getting hush money for being hatchet men, while the low-paid workers get shafted, are loathed by the population at large, take pay cuts, have terms & conditions changed at a whim, jobload doubled, staff halved, and despite having "gold-plated pensions" (apparently) there is still a recruitment problem of professionals for job vacancies. Wonder why....

Any Uni leavers planning on a career in local government? Thought not....
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Sep 15 2016, 06:16 AM
Post #82
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
At last the BBC has done a spot of reporting on reality - as opposed to trying to present both sides to an argument that is one-sided and clear-cut:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-37364797

I could have (and have) told everybody this has been going on for years. Anyone who votes to pay less tax and for the Tories condones this crisis. If I sound bitter it's because I am - I am utterly exhausted 24 hours a day looking after two very ailing parents and trying to work a full-time job in reduced hours (that's less money for me, my wages were cut anyway even beforehand) with no back-up. This has been going on for years and each year it gets worse.

I don't actually blame Councils totally, they aren't the ones who have forbidden to increase rates and had government cash cut. They are now having to become super-councils to try and offer economies of scale (ie less staff) and those have gone the private-cash route have found that it's actually more expensive for a worse service (I speak on behalf of my own very very Tory Council who say one thing publicly and prove this with their actions taking back services in house - with less staff).

It can't be long before this Tory government introduces the same policies as Switzerland, Dignitas. Only it won't be voluntary. "Sorry, no cash left to support you sweetie. It would be better for everyone if you stopped selfishly clinging to life and we're helping you to do that because we care so much."

Care so much about their investments in offshore banking accounts that is.

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post Sep 15 2016, 04:06 PM
Post #83
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480
QUOTE(popchartfreak @ Sep 15 2016, 07:16 AM) *
It can't be long before this Tory government introduces the same policies as Switzerland, Dignitas. Only it won't be voluntary. "Sorry, no cash left to support you sweetie. It would be better for everyone if you stopped selfishly clinging to life and we're helping you to do that because we care so much."

Care so much about their investments in offshore banking accounts that is.

Don't hold your breath.

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post Oct 22 2016, 10:50 AM
Post #84
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561
On Thursday Sam Gyimah as a Justice Minister re-tweeted his support for the new Turing Law due to be debated on Friday:

Momentous news: thousands of gay and bisexual men will be pardoned of now abolished sexual offences

... and then on Friday the bill was talked out by Conservative MP and Justice Minister Sam Gyimah.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Oct 22 2016, 11:32 AM
Post #85
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
Talked out so an SNP bill wouldn't hit statue books. f***ing disgrace

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post Oct 22 2016, 11:47 AM
Post #86
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596
I doubt it was about the party proposing it.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Oct 22 2016, 12:07 PM
Post #87
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
Theresa May's Tories - governing for all of the country (unless you are gay).

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Oct 22 2016, 06:43 PM
Post #88
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Oct 22 2016, 01:07 PM) *
Theresa May's Tories - governing for all of the country (unless you are gay).

Or Poor. Or a Remainer. Or are against Tax Dodging British Territories. Or disabled on Benefits. Or homeless. Or have Alzheimers. Or working in the UK legally in low-paid jobs. Or foreign doctors in the NHS. Or believe in a fair society rather than just pay lip service for sound bites.

Quite likely to be more disastrous than Thatcher based on what she has so far said and done, and in a much shorter time frame. That's impressive whichever way you look at it. Unless she's just talking BS of course to keep the Right-Wing Press on board.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Nov 9 2016, 11:01 AM
Post #89
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Time for an update. It's a good news week to keep a low profile.

The Nissan deal (which is suspected to have given tax-payer-backed incentives to stay in the UK) is under scrutiny by Brussels - that would anti-competitive, and we still are a member of the EU. Basically, foreign companies are happy to stay here as long the tax payer guarantees they wont lose money after Brexit. That's the message it sends out...

India: May has returned with her dozens of officials with a dose of reality. One of the top Commonwealth countries, who do 2% of their trade with the UK, has made it perfectly clear that they regard the UK as racist, has no need to do deals with a country with nothing to sell except expertise, and who is intending to stop foreign students and the like who choose to train in the UK from staying beyond their visa.

So. Important countries lining up to do deals with the UK post-Brexit:

1. Errr none.

So, our unelected PM, with a cabinet made up of Brexiteers, and trying to pull a fast one on British democratic processes by ignoring British Parliament and not supporting the British Independent legal system when it needed it, giving in to mob mentality, has yet to say what she intends to do, how she intends to achieve it, and how long it's going to take.

Democracy in under attack.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Nov 20 2016, 01:06 PM
Post #90
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
Interested to see the full contents of the Autumn budget. In a brave move, the Tories could be pissing off a lot of the middle class swing voters by cutting salary sacrifices.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Nov 21 2016, 12:58 PM
Post #91
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
May has backpeddled on another lie - forcing firms to have employees on the boards. So much for the Workers then.

One by one all of her useless platitudes and vagueness are being replaced by Same Old Same Old Tory priorities. Help The Rich, Hit The Poor.

Given the financial apocalypse of 100b black hole in the UK finances and her promises of a marvellous Brave New World (no details on how) her generous cuts to business rates and higher tax evaders (I mean earners) look a little unsustainable right now.

Perhaps if she targeted billionaires in British territory offshore accounts, internet megacorps tax dodgers, and so on we could all give her the benefit of the doubt.

Instead we have promises of helping new start-ups - we saw how that went tits up last time when banks recklessly loaned money. In principle, anyone with a winning idea should be able to get a bank loan. If they can't then the governemnt is playing roulette with tax payer cash.

The 2b for science and development sounds suspiciously like replacing Brexit inward cash for like, as opposed to an exciting new gift. Colour me cynical. Colour me right.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Jan 21 2017, 10:23 AM
Post #92
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Filibustering in progress from Philip Davies, a man who talks to kill bills that he personally doesn't like but which would otherwise pass.

Democracy in action from Tories..

https://twitter.com/CarolineLucas/status/822444158715564037

--------------------

reposted here as this thread needs pushing up the list, it's going to get very busy over the next 4 years..

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Jan 24 2017, 12:35 PM
Post #93
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
As part of their attempt to explain why they covered up the failed Trident missile test the government has claimed that they never comment on missile tests. This is a lie. Past governments (Tory and Labour) have frequently commented on such tests. They have often been used as a photo-opportunity for ministers. As defence secretary Michael Fallon made this claim in the Commons, it is time for him to resign.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Jan 24 2017, 12:45 PM
Post #94
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
one report claims that it was due to Obama asking the Brit Gov not to publicise it (if this is true shame on him, if it isn't true shame on the reporters) as the "incident" is claimed to be due to American IT technology going faulty in American weapons off the American coast, and heading towards Florida.

I have an image of Trump hitting the Red Button and tons of nuclear missiles all going haywire and landing on Florida. I won't be holidaying in Florida for at least 4 years.....!

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post Jan 24 2017, 01:05 PM
Post #95
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596
That really would be the final insult for Jeb Bush.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Jan 28 2017, 11:27 AM
Post #96
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
After showing her desperation by becoming the first foreign leader to go grovelling to Trump, Theresa May will be visiting Turkey to speak the their increasingly authoritarian president Erdogan. When asked if she would be raising Turkey's human rights record (which is getting steadily worse under Erdogan), her spokeswoman said that May would state her views "if the subject came up". Anyone want to guess how likely it is that Erdogan will raise the subject?

Meanwhile the USA have demonstrated just how "special" they thunk the relationship with the UK is. You might think that, faced with a name like Theresa, officialdom would make sure they got the spelling and pronunciation right. Er, no. The White House briefing note spelt her name without the H and Trump pronounced the middle syllable as Ray. That all smacks of "Let's get this tiresome visit out of the way asap an move on to something more important".

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Jan 28 2017, 02:44 PM
Post #97
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Yes, Theresa May demonstrating how important it is that we turn out backs on democratic friends and shack up with right-wing fascists - having had a campaign against Turkey in the Referendum (which was never going to join, being as they aren't democratic).

The USA has now been downgraded from "Democracy" to "Flawed Democracy". Turkey has prob been downgraded to "turkey"...

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Jan 29 2017, 10:20 PM
Post #98
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
a good news day to bury nasty news releases...

NHS cuts:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/polit...s-a7549686.html

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Jan 29 2017, 10:41 PM
Post #99
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
QUOTE(popchartfreak @ Jan 28 2017, 02:44 PM) *
Yes, Theresa May demonstrating how important it is that we turn out backs on democratic friends and shack up with right-wing fascists - having had a campaign against Turkey in the Referendum (which was never going to join, being as they aren't democratic).

The USA has now been downgraded from "Democracy" to "Flawed Democracy". Turkey has prob been downgraded to "turkey"...

Wait what?

And the more they make cuts, the more this 'crisis' emerges. There is only a crisis because they are underfunding it on purpose!

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Jan 30 2017, 07:46 PM
Post #100
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
So, over a million opinions is just "populism" says the childless lonely old woman of Westminster. One of the biggest populist examples on the government website then, in that case. If only she'd had a child she might have learned the value of warmth, love and humanity.

She has no fixed morals. No principles. They sway in the political wind. Her true colours are coming out week by week, day by day.

Trump wanted to f*** Princess Diana, and spread Kate's tits around to make cash - why not just ask the Royal Family if they want to entertain him? The Queen is perfectly capable of expressing an opinion on Brexit (against the constitution) so should be a piece of piss to offer advice to the unelected increasingly-dictatorial leader of the UK.

+Quote this post

147 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:47 PM