BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

80 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Melanie C • General Discussion
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Voodoo
post Feb 22 2018, 07:00 PM
Post #281
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,829
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ilovepollo @ Feb 22 2018, 08:51 PM) *
What is this!! I have discover it today, I miss denden so much...

It is a demo from The Sea recording sessions. It leaked a few days ago.

It is awesome. wub.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Feb 22 2018, 08:51 PM
Post #282
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,988
   No Gallery Pics

That song is awful no wonder it never saw the light of day.

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Feb 23 2018, 01:52 AM
Post #283
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 39,587
   No Gallery Pics

God it is awful. The track itself is fine, but the lyrics are not even middle of the road, they are just bad. I feel this is part of the problem with Melanie for me, she has not advanced AT ALL with her artistry... Most of her outputs since Northern Star suffer from the same thing: boring and badly writen songs that seem to be stuck in the 90s.

If she wants to revive 90s style music, then fine, but at least try and develop, don't just repeat the same stuff...

Anyway, thanks for sharing but that was awful cry.gif

+Quote Post
vibe
post Feb 23 2018, 06:57 AM
Post #284
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,763
   No Gallery Pics

I really like the demo.

Catchy , it’ certainly had potential.

Who wrote it ?

+Quote Post
Blond 2.0
post Feb 23 2018, 02:35 PM
Post #285
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,576
   No Gallery Pics

I want counting to leak

+Quote Post
Voodoo
post Feb 23 2018, 04:30 PM
Post #286
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(vibe @ Feb 23 2018, 08:57 AM) *
I really like the demo.

Catchy , it’ certainly had potential.

Who wrote it ?

Adam Argyle, Melanie Chisholm, Paddy Dalton, Blackwell Duck cool.gif

+Quote Post
Voodoo
post Feb 23 2018, 04:32 PM
Post #287
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Feb 23 2018, 03:52 AM) *

As awful as your "analysis" of a song that was recorded 8 years ago, wasn't released and wasn't meant to be heard by anyone. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Voodoo: Feb 23 2018, 04:32 PM

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Feb 23 2018, 06:12 PM
Post #288
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 39,587
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Voodoo @ Feb 23 2018, 04:32 PM) *
As awful as your "analysis" of a song that was recorded 8 years ago, wasn't released and wasn't meant to be heard by anyone. rolleyes.gif

So? It was shit then, it is still shit now. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Blond 2.0
post Feb 23 2018, 06:17 PM
Post #289
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,576
   No Gallery Pics

LMAO

+Quote Post
Voodoo
post Feb 23 2018, 07:29 PM
Post #290
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

'First Day of My Life' is featured in a new article by The Official Charts Company about "big tracks that were hits in other parts of the world but never properly released in the UK":

After Melanie C's 2005 album Beautiful Intentions didn't quite match the success of its predecessors, its third single First Day Of My Life didn't see a UK release - but that didn't stop it from becoming a huge hit elsewhere.

Written by songwriting supremo Guy Chambers (!), Enrique Iglesias (!!) and originally recorded in Italian by Andrea Bocelli (!!!). Mel's version catapulted the track to Number 1 in Germany, Spain and Switzerland, and she even rerecorded it in French. Blimey.

Source

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Feb 23 2018, 08:24 PM
Post #291
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

Nice she got a mention, I mentioned it in the comments on the last article they did like this wonder if they took note? I also mentioned The moment you believe hitting #1 in Spain, Luxembourg and Portugal but that one wasn't mentioned... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Feb 23 2018, 08:37 PM
Post #292
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Feb 23 2018, 01:52 AM) *

rotf.gif rotf.gif

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Feb 24 2018, 12:06 PM
Post #293
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,988
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Feb 23 2018, 01:52 AM) *
God it is awful. The track itself is fine, but the lyrics are not even middle of the road, they are just bad. I feel this is part of the problem with Melanie for me, she has not advanced AT ALL with her artistry... Most of her outputs since Northern Star suffer from the same thing: boring and badly writen songs that seem to be stuck in the 90s.

If she wants to revive 90s style music, then fine, but at least try and develop, don't just repeat the same stuff...

I agree she is so stuck in a rut musically. I mean this leak could have easily come from Reason, This Time, The Sea. The only slight improvement with VOM is the production is more electronic which was a step in the right direction.

However the song writing and subject matter were the same old same old on VOM.

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Feb 24 2018, 04:42 PM
Post #294
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Some people always write about the same subject matter - that's not the problem

The problem is no major record label backing for better producers

+Quote Post
vibe
post Feb 25 2018, 10:05 AM
Post #295
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I would love more songs by Peter vetesse

+Quote Post
Voodoo
post Mar 3 2018, 05:47 PM
Post #296
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

https://www.mintvelvet.co.uk/magazine/we-are-women-mel-c/

We’ve watched her transform from Sporty Spice, to mother, singer, songwriter, philanthropist and national sweetheart – we meet Melanie C to talk girl power and beyond.

What does the idea of Sporty Spice mean to you now?

When I first stopped working with the Spice Girls I was quite determined to shake off Sporty Spice and I was desperate to be seen as an individual. As time has gone by, I really embrace my time as a Spice Girl, I’m really proud of it. Being the Sporty one who was a bit of a tomboy that was really important for a big demographic around the world inspired so many young people at the time, not only girls but boys as well. I think I’m probably sportier now than I’ve ever been in the literal sense, so Sporty Spice forever.

What did girl power mean to you then and what does it mean to you now?

Girl power with the Spice Girls was something that was never our intention to scream and shout about. From the start of our career we encountered sexism from both the music industry and the media and it really annoyed us. We were told that girls wouldn’t sell records, that girls wouldn’t sell as many records as boys, that girls couldn’t grace the front cover of magazines because it was boy bands that everyone was interested in and that’s really how girl power was born. It was a very organic thing that happened and it became something that was very important, it made feminism so much more accessible for a younger generation.

What have been your career highs?

I remember when we came home in 1998 to the Brit Awards (everyone will remember because of the iconic union jack dress that Geri wore), that was a year we had been away so much, we had been travelling the globe and we came home to such a warm reception. It was like a home coming.

The Olympics at London 2012 was such an incredible experience, it felt like a kind of celebration of everything we’d achieved. Being in that stadium and having social media, which wasn’t around in the 90’s, was so incredible. We could just feel the international buzz and how people were excited and waiting for us. You know, us girls have always felt a little bit like we’re conning everybody, we love everything we’ve done but we’re just five pretty normal girls and to achieve what we did always makes us chuckle a little bit.

What have been the biggest challenges of your working life?

Being part of something so life changing as the Spice Girls was quite a lot to get my head around, it affects everything you do. It affects people around you, it affects how people view you and that was quite hard to come to terms with, even though you’re living this fantasy life and all of your childhood dreams are coming true. I’ve spoken quite openly in the media about my problems in the past with depression, it’s something that I’ve suffered with and it’s been quite difficult at times, it’s something I have to acknowledge every day to take care of myself.

How do you stay grounded whilst maintaining your career as an artist?

People often say that I’m really down to earth and I’m really grounded, it’s not something I work on or that I’ve ever thought about. I think it’s my roots, I’m a northern girl from a working class background and I just couldn’t be any other way. I probably should throw more diva strops, I think people expect it but that’s just not me so I’ll carry on being lil’ old me.

Who were your role models when growing up?

Madonna was a big inspiration to me, I think I discovered her mid 80’s when she first entered the scene. I’ve always loved to perform, to sing, to dance and when I saw her, it all kind of started to make sense and I just thought, that’s what I want to do.

What’s the best piece of advice you have ever been given?

My mum gave some really good advice when I first started my career, she said ‘never do anything you feel uncomfortable doing’. We all have to compromise in our lives and as you get older you realise more so, but you should never compromise on what you don’t feel comfortable doing.

What is it about yourself that people would find hard to believe?

I got a C in music (laughs) I shouldn’t advertise that should I?

In terms of style and fashion, what inspires you?

I’m really inspired by people who seem to have that sense of natural style, you know they just throw something on and it looks great and I don’t feel like I’ve ever had that. I’ve not always got it right but I think what’s nice about getting older is I’ve become braver in my choices and I’ve learnt more about what suits me. I think it’s really important to feel comfortable and to wear what’s right for you.

In between your career and parenting, how do you make time for yourself?

Like so many mums and people in general, life is busy! The more physical side of things is the more ‘me’ time, it’s almost like my personal meditation, it’s the time where I get to think, make decisions. Many times I’ve found running is a great way to make big decisions and I’ve made some great life decisions whilst running out on Hampstead Heath. That’s always been important to me and I’ve found with my mental health, it’s something I’ve had to acknowledge, to be active, and to get plenty of sleep.

What does the future hold?

I really missed being on stage and being myself. I rekindled that love last year so I’m not going to let it go. I want to keep out there, I want to keep performing because when I don’t I feel like there’s a part of my life that’s missing. So I want to keep doing what I love, plan lots of holidays with my family and carry on being creative, performing and making the most out of life.

This post has been edited by Voodoo: Mar 3 2018, 08:26 PM

+Quote Post
Voodoo
post Mar 3 2018, 07:58 PM
Post #297
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

Melanie is in Finland to perform at the Finnish National Selection Show for Eurovision 2018.

Skip to the 5:50 mark to watch the press conference, in which Melanie confirms she has just started working on a new album set for release later this year!

Melanie with Saara Aalto:

This post has been edited by Voodoo: Mar 3 2018, 08:17 PM

+Quote Post
Voodoo
post Mar 3 2018, 08:06 PM
Post #298
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

Here is tonight's performance of I Turn To You, with dancers and all: https://areena.yle.fi/1-4376035 tongue.gif

And here is a short clip from the dress rehearsal:

This post has been edited by Voodoo: Mar 3 2018, 08:11 PM

+Quote Post
tommie
post Mar 4 2018, 03:20 PM
Post #299
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 8,073

Oh girl she better milk this reunion. Red Girl can't stay in the red for much longer! Go Mellie C go!!!

+Quote Post
vibe
post Mar 4 2018, 04:06 PM
Post #300
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Thanks for posting the performance .

+Quote Post

80 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:13 PM