BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Childhood Toys You Miss, they went missing but you still remember them...
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Popchartfreak
post Apr 4 2016, 05:37 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

Toys never crop up on Buzzjack, so here's yer chance.

Mine is my model Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, a fab Corgi toy with wings and models of the 4 stars sat in it. I had it from 1969 through to 1972, and then disaster struck: I went to school, got back and it was missing. The little thieving brat of one of mum's friends had been playing with it and nicked it while they were having an afternoon natter. To rub it in, one of the passengers (the little girl) had fallen out, and the tail wing was still around, but the rest was long-gone.

They now sell for up to £50. I want one tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ThePensmith
post Apr 4 2016, 07:20 PM
Post #2
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
Group: Members
Member No.: 13,208
   No Gallery Pics

Oooh good topic!

One of my favourite toys when me and my sisters were little was the old school Fisher Price multi storey car park...*Googles frantically for a picture*

AH! This is the one:

I think we do still have it in our parent's loft if I remember correctly. And I was a big fan of Thomas the Tank Engine when I was little so I used to collect the ERTL die cast models, and up until about the age of 7 I used to get the new ones that had been released for every birthday and Christmas. They're still in a box in the loft and are probably gonna be worth a fortune now!

+Quote Post
Mart!n
post Apr 4 2016, 07:37 PM
Post #3
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
Member No.: 2

Operation!

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Apr 4 2016, 11:02 PM
Post #4
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ThePensmith @ Apr 4 2016, 08:20 PM) *
Oooh good topic!

One of my favourite toys when me and my sisters were little was the old school Fisher Price multi storey car park...*Googles frantically for a picture*

AH! This is the one:

I think we do still have it in our parent's loft if I remember correctly. And I was a big fan of Thomas the Tank Engine when I was little so I used to collect the ERTL die cast models, and up until about the age of 7 I used to get the new ones that had been released for every birthday and Christmas. They're still in a box in the loft and are probably gonna be worth a fortune now!

Yeh I had one - I ripped all the stickers off after 5 mins tho!

+Quote Post
richie
post Apr 5 2016, 07:21 AM
Post #5
Poet and Storyteller
Member No.: 166
   No Gallery Pics

The Fisher Price car park was practically standard issue. I really, really wanted the "record player" they did though - my mate had one and I was fascinated by it.

I guess if I'd want to bring one back it'd be Subbuteo. Yes, I know they still do it, but you used to be able to get practically every team in the world and hundreds of accessories at one time.

+Quote Post
Laura130262
post May 31 2016, 11:48 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,265
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(richie @ Apr 5 2016, 08:21 AM) *
The Fisher Price car park was practically standard issue. I really, really wanted the "record player" they did though - my mate had one and I was fascinated by it.

I guess if I'd want to bring one back it'd be Subbuteo. Yes, I know they still do it, but you used to be able to get practically every team in the world and hundreds of accessories at one time.

My brother always badgered me to play him at Subbuteo on the dining room table. He was always Chelsea and I had to be Leeds Utd. laugh.gif

I remember he had the flood lights and a copy of the FA cup.

I can't believe after we grew up my Mum gave it away. It's such a shame. sleep.gif

You don't hear of kids playing it now do you? I guess it's not sophisticated enough for now?

+Quote Post
richie
post Jun 1 2016, 09:56 AM
Post #7
Poet and Storyteller
Member No.: 166
   No Gallery Pics

They still sell the kits in toy shops, but I think the teams are mainly standard issue red strips vs blue strips with top teams like Chelsea, Man Utd, Barcelona available at an extortionate price.

No replica FA cups and not even sure if they do floodlights now sad.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:30 PM