BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Do you think we’ll ever get another album?, Or is the current tour the very very end?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jordanlee
post Jun 10 2019, 04:26 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
Is anyone else hopeful we may get an EP or full album from the four of them again or is the current tour the end of the band forever?

I genuinely think an album could be a success. Easy debut at #1.

It would be good if it came next year 20 years after the last one.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
tommie
post Jun 10 2019, 04:31 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073
No Emma's solo career is too successful. x

+Quote this post
schizo_spice
post Jun 10 2019, 04:33 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,574
If they want to continue as an active group they really need to expand the catalogue.

If they decide to end again after Wembley and this was all nostalgia driven fair enough.

I would love to see what they could come out with today with the producers of the first two albums.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jun 10 2019, 04:43 PM
Post #4
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
Feeling cautiously optimistic about them doing more beyond the tour, but also trying not to get my hopes up too much. They seem to be having the time of their lives on tour, judging by their social media posts and how they are on stage. I hope it encourages them to think about giving new music a go, and that this tour doesn't have to mark the end!

During ROTSG they were very much pushing the "this will be the last time you get to see us" angle, but there's none of that this time around. So who knows? ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
pippa
post Jun 10 2019, 04:54 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
A new album if they worked with the right people does have potential.
They would never come close to the success they had in the early years which is totally understandable.
There is room in the market for good solid pop music and the Spice Girls can deliver that.
Its likely they could easily release an album that would be more accepted than Forever and some new material leaves future tours more appealing.
Musically, its the only chance they have of success as their solo music careers are extremely limited.
They may however be resilient to damage their reputation from the point of view that most remember all their material having huge success.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Jun 10 2019, 05:54 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
I really hope we get one.

Steps managed a successful comeback and I think a Spice Girls one would be very successful album chart wise.

Even singles wise Westlife went top 20 so I think Spice Girls could too.

A solid ten track album would be great!

+Quote this post
pippa
post Jun 10 2019, 07:00 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Its likely they may manage one reasonable sized single if they do record a new album but should manage greater success with an album.
Steps met with great success with their comeback album and the Spice Girls are a far bigger name so would easily match the success of Steps.
Steps came back with a wonderful album that stayed true to their successful sound but managed to sound current aswell.

+Quote this post
McAndrew
post Jun 10 2019, 11:44 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,551
The fact that Melanie C is fully embracing being Sporty Spice again could be a good sign. I always think nothing's ever serious until she gets serious.

At this point, it doesn't seem at all far-fetched.

+Quote this post
vibe
post Jun 11 2019, 06:44 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
No

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post Jun 11 2019, 08:43 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209
I may be being negative but I just don't ever see it happening, they seem so caught up in nostalgia too venture into new music, I also think Mel C would be against them doing new music tbh. I hope I'm wrong though as if they don't make new music there's no point in them continuing to tour on basically 2 albums of material (as they are pretty much pretending Forever doesn't exist) and as much as I love them I think it'll get boring going to see them perform the same songs over and over.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post Jun 11 2019, 11:00 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587
I'm in two minds about it. I would love it for them to give it a go at it, but the past decade and their last attempts (Headlines, Voodoo) havent been kind to them in that respect.

Their solo outputs - and sadly I include Emma's last album on this - have been quite poor in quality let alone sales-wise. But also the Spice Girls are now all about nostalgia which doesnt bode well for new music at all.

However, if they come out with a banging song that energises the fanbase, I bet they could still do well. They cannot release another ballad though, that is far too many. Since Stop was released, they have only released ONE single that wasnt a ballad - Holler - and FOUR ballads, the last two of which weren't particularly great or connected with the public. Enough. They are known to be a pop fun act, they should try and do something on the lines of Never Give Up On The Good Times with a contemporary sound to it.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Jun 11 2019, 12:43 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
I agree NO ballads for a comeback song!! I get why there was so many ballads after Stop, I mean Viva Forever was screaming for a release (really should have been a double a-side!), then Goodbye was the perfect song for the first 4piece - goodbye Geri, Christmas ballad etc. Let love lead the way is fine as it was balanced out with an upbeat (incredible) track. Headlines however was just bloody stupid. It's a very pretty song and would have been perfect as an extra track on the GH, however they really should have done a great upbeat track (NOT Voodoo) to promote the GH...

+Quote this post
pippa
post Jun 11 2019, 01:55 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I also agree no ballads.
I also agree the later solo music from them all is disappointing but as solo names the best producers etc are not the people they work with.
With the Spice Girls there is a much greater chance of them working with more relevant people.
I know they seem to be going on nostalgia for now but Steps did the same and built up the interest and then went with the brand new studio album and they came back with the fun and upbeat Sacred of The Dark so it is possible for the Spice Girls.
Never Give Up On The Good Times is a good example of a sound they should aim for as that sound is easier to modernize.
If they do a new album fun should be the main recipe.

+Quote this post
d22ghj
post Jun 11 2019, 04:06 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 5,168
Steps had a successful comeback? Only one single charted (#37) and the album sold 110k, split 5 ways, that’s probably no profit. The money is in concerts and endorsements. I could imagine them releasing music again but only if it coincides with another big tour.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post Jun 11 2019, 06:19 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Welll at this stage we cant really expect them to sell singles. The charts have changed soooo much since they were first around...

The best scenario would be to do what Madonna does: release albums and tour cicles and focus on those two rather than on selling singles. They would obviously sell well with touring and can sell albums on the back of that, but they can forget the millions of sales of albums at this stage. If an album sells around the same as Forever did in the UK, I would say that is a general success in this day and age ah

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Jun 11 2019, 06:42 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
QUOTE(d22ghj @ Jun 11 2019, 05:06 PM) *
Steps had a successful comeback? Only one single charted (#37) and the album sold 110k, split 5 ways, that’s probably no profit. The money is in concerts and endorsements. I could imagine them releasing music again but only if it coincides with another big tour.

To be fair an album selling 110k is not a mean feat in albums sales by today's standards. Most of those were physical sales aswell as their streaming sales were abysmal. Kylie's last album went gold with 140k and that had alot more promotion than the Steps one. A gold album is nothing to be sniffed at in this day and age....

Also they have already confirmed that they are recording new material this summer.

This post has been edited by Spiceboy: Jun 11 2019, 06:42 PM

+Quote this post
pippa
post Jun 11 2019, 07:13 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
The sales of the Steps album when we look at the market were not bad.
Ariana Grande, current artist, big hits and her last album has still only sold around 230,000 so in those terms Steps did very well.
Madonna's last album sold 85,000 and i don't use these sales as a contest it is more to highlight the market changes.
Steps, having the new album opened up more touring options and also helped expand their catalogue which helps with future tours.
Spice Girls need more material to make future tours lucrative.

+Quote this post
Lee_his_cheeks
post Jun 11 2019, 08:14 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Bum-bum-be-dum-bum-bum-be-dum-bum
User: 3,796
I would really like some new music but I don't think they will do it tbh. Too much risk at losing (more) of their legacy if it doesn't work.
Or..they must really found a new drive after this tour to make more music/do another tour. Full commitment is essential to make it work!

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post Jun 11 2019, 10:05 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Spiceboy @ Jun 11 2019, 07:42 PM) *
To be fair an album selling 110k is not a mean feat in albums sales by today's standards. Most of those were physical sales aswell as their streaming sales were abysmal. Kylie's last album went gold with 140k and that had alot more promotion than the Steps one. A gold album is nothing to be sniffed at in this day and age....

Also they have already confirmed that they are recording new material this summer.

WHO? Steps or Spices? blink.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jun 12 2019, 05:22 AM
Post #20
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
^ Steps!

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:23 AM