BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Leona Lewis - Christmas, With Love, 4th album | 02.12.2013
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Billy.
post 16th February 2013, 01:50 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,095

So after parting ways with Modest, Syco have announced that Leona's new album will be released at the end of the year..

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a45...nd-of-2013.html

I can't wait! In parts, Glassheart was a really great album, although it had some duds! You go, get that smash LeLe!

This post has been edited by Scene: 15th December 2017, 01:07 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 16th February 2013, 02:06 PM
Post #2
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

Yay for new material so soon but I think this is more likely to be a re-release.

+Quote this post
Billy.
post 16th February 2013, 02:39 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,095

"Leona Lewis is one of the UK's most successful artists, one of a few that have enjoyed huge global success in recent years selling more than 20 million records worldwide," it said.

"She will begin the recording of her fourth album imminently to be released later this year. She remains a key priority artist for Syco and for Sony Music Worldwide."

Sounds like it's her fourth album!

+Quote this post
Grieflemore
post 16th February 2013, 02:41 PM
Post #4

To be honest, I completely forgot that Glassheart was ever released.

+Quote this post
BrookeOlivia
post 16th February 2013, 04:26 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Am just a girl who wishes for the world - Marilyn Monroe ♥
User: 11,449

Looking forward to album number 4! Shame that ''GlassHeart'' wont ever be a single tho sad.gif Lets hope Leona & Syco pick the right singles for mains off this new album.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 16th February 2013, 04:57 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I think its a good move, glassheart era is dead now and i dont think any singe would turn it around so its better she moves onto album number 4 and hopefully they can come up with a killer lead single and make the correct single choices.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 16th February 2013, 07:16 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

I'm quite angry, but happy. They missed out BIG TIME with "Glassheart", "Come Alive", "Shake You Up" and even "Favourite Scar". The way the Glassheart era was handled was worse than Echo sleep.gif I hope with new management that album 4 will do well. Excited for new material. However, I think Leona is going to be forced to record a very commercial album. So I'm going to expect her to work with Max Martin/Dr Luke/Red One and others like them.

I'm really hoping they at least get "Glassheart" out as a single before the tour though. I just don't want to see the song go to complete waste.... Unless, of course, album 4 will include some of the songs on Glassheart. So it will be more of a re-release, rather than a full new album.

+Quote this post
Post #8
Group icon
Fire
User: 9,912

Guys a fourth album will have nothing to do with Glassheart. It'll be a complete separate project, looks like they want to forget Glassheart tbh. I also think it'll be back to classic Leona too, I hope.

Glassheart Strengths:

Trouble
Glassheart
Come Alive
I To You
Shake You Up

Weaknesses (meaning 'Ok' tracks which I do like but not strong enough):

Fireflies
Stop The Clocks
Favourite Scar
Unlove Me
Lovebird
Fingerprint

That's my personal take on it.
I think a new album is needed by end of year, excited too, need some Leona material that I become addicted to again. Hoping darker, deeper and classic Leona. We need that back. Massive, emotional ballads! Cannot wait! We need radio to support!!!!

This post has been edited by Karma: 16th February 2013, 10:36 PM

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 17th February 2013, 04:26 AM
Post #9
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

'Unlove Me' & 'Fingerprints' should be in the other section Karma mad.gif sad.gif

Replace them with 'I To You' and 'Shake You Up' (major, MAJOR bleh at those for me) and remove 'Fireflies', 'Lovebird' & 'Stop the Clocks' from any list, and I'd agree with you. tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Post #10
Group icon
Fire

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Feb 17 2013, 04:26 AM) *
'Unlove Me' & 'Fingerprints' should be in the other section Karma mad.gif sad.gif

Replace them with 'I To You' and 'Shake You Up' (major, MAJOR bleh at those for me) and remove 'Fireflies', 'Lovebird' & 'Stop the Clocks' from any list, and I'd agree with you. tongue.gif

haha tongue.gif Unlove Me and Fingerprint definitely are my favorite two from the 'Ok' list, I just compare them to Echo and they aren't the same standard, Echo was just so, so good.

This post has been edited by Karma: 17th February 2013, 10:08 AM

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 17th February 2013, 10:51 AM
Post #11
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

Really hope it doesn't get pushed back, and I hope she finally has a smash on it and releases the right singles!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 17th February 2013, 12:45 PM
Post #12
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

QUOTE(Karma @ Feb 17 2013, 10:08 AM) *
haha tongue.gif Unlove Me and Fingerprint definitely are my favorite two from the 'Ok' list, I just compare them to Echo and they aren't the same standard, Echo was just so, so good.
Compared to 'Echo' NOTHING on this album is as good. laugh.gif Not really fair to compare this to that now as I doubt anything would touch the quality of 'Echo'. Not at least for a while anyway, imo.

I NEED a new 'Naked'! sad.gif

+Quote this post
Post #13
Group icon
Fire

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Feb 17 2013, 12:45 PM) *
Compared to 'Echo' NOTHING on this album is as good. laugh.gif Not really fair to compare this to that now as I doubt anything would touch the quality of 'Echo'. Not at least for a while anyway, imo.

I NEED a new 'Naked'! sad.gif

Ok that is very true! laugh.gif I want her to re-make the epicness of Echo, and I think she can! Just needs the write material.
Same! Why Naked wasn't released as a single is beyond me wacko.gif Just so confused by the choice of singles over Leona's career in all honesty..

+Quote this post
BrookeOlivia
post 17th February 2013, 04:43 PM
Post #14
Group icon

Been a rumour going around Leona is about to sign to Roc Nation management same as Rihanna etc

This in the daily star today seems to be hinting its true

LEONA LEWIS fans can stop worrying because I am told there is zero chance of Syco dropping her.
Rumours are fife that the X Factor's leading lady will be axed by her label after splitting with Modest! Management
But my source told me:"She's a huge priority for the label. She is about to start work on her fourth album and is still a big moneymaker for us. There is zero chance of her getting axed".
I'm told she's close to signing with one of the world's biggest management companies

Someone posted it on digitalspy.

+Quote this post
Post #15
Group icon
Fire

YES. Roc Nation is where she needs to be.

Not sure why they used 'worrying' though I am far from worried. I'd be excited at the thought she left Syco and went to a better label, glad she's getting new management though thats a big step. biggrin.gif Also I dont know anyone who was worried Leona was getting dropped, there was no chance of that happening in all honesty..

This post has been edited by Karma: 18th February 2013, 12:02 PM

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post 19th February 2013, 01:23 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031

I can't believe they have given up on glassheart so easily. The main problem was lack of airplay/promotion for the songs.

+Quote this post
BrookeOlivia
post 21st February 2013, 12:54 AM
Post #17
Group icon

Hope her and the label choice the right singles for the 4th album, I want 2 singles before the album drops not just the usual one then album like they always do to Leona.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 21st February 2013, 08:33 AM
Post #18
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

QUOTE(BrookeOlivia @ Feb 21 2013, 02:54 AM) *
Hope her and the label choice the right singles for the 4th album, I want 2 singles before the album drops not just the usual one then album like they always do to Leona.

They always choose the wrong singles. Deal with it, I have.

They released 2 singles before Glassheart. Remember Collide? wink.gif

+Quote this post
April
post 21st February 2013, 10:16 AM
Post #19
Group icon
changed the game with that digital drop
User: 11,905

QUOTE(Marina Hurts @ Feb 21 2013, 08:33 AM) *
They always choose the wrong singles. Deal with it, I have.

They released 2 singles before Glassheart. Remember Collide? wink.gif

They also released The Hurt EP...

+Quote this post
BrookeOlivia
post 21st February 2013, 02:09 PM
Post #20
Group icon

Would hardly call releasing collide and trouble 2 singles before the album, 1 was out over a year before the other, Collide was well forgotten about by then, And the hurt EP was just a ''treat'' for fans cause of the album delays.

I want them to do it proper this time, Two singles before the album like normal singers do not 14months or however long between them! But she's still with Syco so i guess we will have to ''deal with it'' but just hope this time they get it right.

Anyway lets just hope 4th album does well with the right singles, Cant understand how they got it so right during spirit but the last 2 eras have been terriblely managed.

Sorry about the big essay like hahaha blush.gif

This post has been edited by BrookeOlivia: 21st February 2013, 02:11 PM

+Quote this post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 03:28 AM