BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Real Housewives of....
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
jark
post May 8 2010, 03:04 PM
Post #1
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
Any fans of the Real Housewives series? There are four variants (New Jersey, New York, Atlanta, Orange County) and it's basically The Hills with middle-aged people, except it's hilarious. I personally only watch the New Jersey series because the women in it obviously haven't just been thrown together for the purposes of the show (two are sisters, the third is their sister-in-law, the fourth is their life-long best friend - it's only the fifth who brings the drama to the show).

Obviously it's very shallow television but it's a fun way to burn an hour or so, and unlike the other Housewives series (from what I've seen of them), New Jersey isn't overly reliant on drama and forced arguments since they only really have a problem with Danielle (in the middle in the above pic), who it turns out has a past as a prostitute and drug addict whose husband was charged with kidnap or something insane like that. There's a lot of focus on their family lives which is usually amusing and occasionally touching. Best reality show in a long while. I DO hope somebody here watches it so we can rave about it together!

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post May 8 2010, 05:06 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
The New Jersey series is hilarious!! I love it, and yeah Danielle is obviously meant to be the big bad character but I can't help but laugh with/at her. sad.gif The last episode when she brings the book out has me in stitches everytime, oh and the one next to Danielle in that picture's reaction to it all lol. wub.gif Oh and how she says 'bubbehs' for boobies. heehee.gif Jackie is probably my favourite though, she's so dignified and always keeps her cool without taking sides either.

+Quote this post
jark
post May 9 2010, 01:00 AM
Post #3
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
Yes Jacqueline is the epitome of classy but Dina is my favourite. I love how she is with her daughter (who is a total spack by the way), and how she cried when she went away on holiday, and how that's like the only time she's ever not been completely cool about everything. And how she has a fur-less cat called Grandma Wrinkles.

Wait for season two Jack, I'm sure you'll be hating hard on Danielle in no time. She is a totally crazy bitch in the first episode.

+Quote this post
West
post May 9 2010, 01:15 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,054
I've only watched the Orange County series. All the women and their families are appauling. As well, all the women have had so much work done to their face they look beyond ridiculous. Seriously, that Laurie chick's face doesn't even look real.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post May 9 2010, 10:44 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
QUOTE(Jark @ May 9 2010, 02:00 AM) *
Yes Jacqueline is the epitome of classy but Dina is my favourite. I love how she is with her daughter (who is a total spack by the way), and how she cried when she went away on holiday, and how that's like the only time she's ever not been completely cool about everything. And how she has a fur-less cat called Grandma Wrinkles.

Wait for season two Jack, I'm sure you'll be hating hard on Danielle in no time. She is a totally crazy bitch in the first episode.

ohmy.gif I thought it was a one off season! I was addicted to it at the time, I'll definetly watch it at when I get the chance. I wasn't that huge on Dina, she was alright but far from my favourite. I didn't really take much notice of her, all I remember is that her daughter annoyed the hell out of me.

+Quote this post
SweetCandy
post Dec 11 2012, 05:07 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,605
I really shamefully like the New York City version.
Sonja, Ramona, Jill and Heather are my favourites. Luann isn't too bad at times. When I get chance I do watch it.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Dec 11 2012, 05:35 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
I gave up on the NY lot, Carole was the only one worth watching.

Orange County is amazing though, Heather Dubrow wub.gif

+Quote this post
SweetCandy
post Dec 11 2012, 06:02 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,605
Carole is starting to grow on me. I haven't seen all of season 5 but she does seem good.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:49 AM