BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Fantasy National Final - Iceland, I explain this mess inside the thread
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
diva thin muffin
post Jan 14 2020, 11:52 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837
Hey guys, so I can imagine the thread name makes most of you scratch your heads and I'm not starting a whole thing here but let me explain.

On Reddit there is a fantasy Eurovision contest that takes approximately a year from start to finish. Everyone represents a country and in the spring we decide the song however the hell we want. So I decided to go full Melodifestivalen for my national final with four semi finals and a grand final with 12 songs but I wanna get as many votes as I can to get accurate results so I thought I'd enlist the curious ones here who might think this is interesting and/or wanna see what popular music in Iceland sounds like lol.

I just posted the first semi final which has seven songs competing for two spots in the final and a slot in the grand final and voting is pretty simple. You rate each song from 0 to 5 and then choose one or two songs that you like the most to give extra points to. The two songs with the highest scores qualify and the next two enter the wildcard draw. After all four semis 8 songs will be in the wildcard draw and two with the highest average score will qualify + two that I choose as the "jury's choice".

The final will then be in classic Eurovision style.

The song I choose then goes on to compete in the Reddit Fantasy Eurovision Song Contest. Last year we sent the band Vök with "Night & Day" and we came tenth. Norwegian singer Aurora won the contest with the song "The River".

For the curious ones I'll post the first semi final in the next post along with instructions on how to vote and other stuff.

Mods, I hope this is ok here. If not I understand and apologise.

This post has been edited by cantthinkofaname: Jan 14 2020, 11:53 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Jan 15 2020, 12:01 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837
Semi Final 1

Hey guys and welcome to the first of four semi finals for this year's edition of Söngvakeppni Sjónvarpsins! Tonight* we will hear the first seven songs vying for your love hoping to become Iceland's representative for this year's Eurovision Song Contest. After years of a somewhat incomplete format we have decided to follow in the footsteps of our cousins in Sweden and have FOUR semi finals and a grand final with 12 songs so without further adieu: Let's meet the contestants shall we?

Song #1 "Sleepwalker" by Hyperclaps & Hildur
Song #2 "Vittu Til" (en. "Just You Wait") by Skauti
Song #3 "Áttavilltur" (en. "Directionless") by Ingi Bauer & Ezekiel Carl ft Chase Anthony
Song #4 "Unlovable" byGlowie
Song #5 "Letting Go" by Birgir
Song #6 "Hingað Þangað" (en. "Here & There") Aron Can & Friðrik Dór
Song #7 "Dansa Miklu Meir" (en. "Dance Way More") by Sykur

Each song name is a link to the Youtube video except Song #7 which is only on Spotify. You can also listen to these songs here:So onto the voting. Voting will be open for a week and to cast your vote open the following link and rate the songs from 0 to 5 with 0 meaning you hate the song and 5 meaning you love it. Then you can add a vote to one or two songs of your choice that you love the most! You can give both to the same song or to two separate songs.

>> Vote Here! <<

After a week the two songs with the highest average will qualify while the next two will enter a wildcard round. In the wildcard round the two songs with the highest averages PLUS two songs that I personally choose will qualify for the final.

Voting is open until January 21, 2020.

This post has been edited by cantthinkofaname: Jan 15 2020, 12:09 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:36 PM