BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> ARIA Charts - 04/07/11
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mark.
post Jul 6 2011, 02:57 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 6,928
ARIA Top 50 Singles weekending 4th July 2011

1 (1) Someone Like You - Adele
2 (2) Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
3 (6) Jar Of Hearts – Christina Perri
4 (3) Give Me Everything - Pitbull
5 (4) Rolling In The Deep - Adele
6 (5) Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) – Katy Perry
7 (7) Don’t Wanna Go Home – Jason Derulo
8 (8) We Run The Night – Havana Brown
9 (13) Marry You – Bruno Mars
10 (9) Own This Club – Marvin Priest
11 (10) Loud – Stan Walker
12 (12) Jet Lag – Simple Plan ft Natasha Bedingfield
13 (11) Nobody’s Perfect – Jessie J
14 (26) Champagne Showers – LMFAO ft Natalia Kills
15 (14) The Lazy Song – Bruno Mars
16 (18) Til Death – Wynter Gordon
17 (16) Don’t Stop The Party – Black Eyed Peas
18 (23) Super Bass – Nicki Minaj
19 (30) Lighters – Bad Meets Evil ft Bruno Mars
20 (15) Price Tag – Jessie J
21 (17) Where Them Girls At – David Guetta ft Nicki Minaj & Flo Rida
22 (19) Don’t Hold Your Breath – Nicole Scherzinger
23 (20) California King Bed - Rihanna
24 (21) The Edge Of Glory – Lady GaGa
25 (32) Best Thing I Never Had - Beyonce
26 (28) Run The World (Girls) - Beyonce
27 (22) On The Floor – Jennifer Lopez
28 (24) Sweat (David Guetta Remix) – Snoop Dogg
29 (25) From The Music – The Potbelleez
30 (27) She Ain’t You – Chris Brown
31 (38) Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall – Coldplay
32 (41) We Love – Sneaky Sound System
33 (New) I Wanna Go – Britney Spears
34 (34) Bounce – Calvin Harris ft Kelis
35 (New) Changed The Way You Kissed Me – Example
36 (35) Smile – Avril Lavigne
37 (33) Been A Long Time – Wes Carr
38 (31) Born This Way – Lady GaGa
39 (36) Beautiful People – Chris Brown
40 (New) Little Bad Girl – David Guetta ft Taio Cruz & Ludacris
41 (40) Dirty Dancer – Enrique Iglesias
42 (37) Who Dat Girl – Flo Rida ft Akon
43 (47) Firework – Katy Perry
44 (42) Cinema – Benny Benassi
45 (44) Till The World Ends – Britney Spears
46 (46) Last Night – Good Charlotte
47 (50) Check Yes Juliet (Run Baby Run) – We The Kings
48 (39) Judas – Lady GaGa
49 (48) S&M - Rihanna
50 (Re) Grenade – Bruno Mars
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mark.
post Jul 6 2011, 02:57 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
ARIA Top 50 Albums weekending 4th July 2011

1 (1) 21 - Adele
2 (New) 4 - Beyonce
3 (New) Sorry For Party Rocking – LMFAO
4 (2) Bon Iver – Bon Iver
5 (3) Hell: The Sequel – Bad Meets Evil
6 (4) Born This Way – Lady GaGa
7 (5) Planet Pit – Pitbull
8 (8) Doo-Wops & Hooligans – Bruno Mars
9 (9) 19 - Adele
10 (7) Seeker Lover Keeper – Seeker Lover Keeper
11 (New) The Harrow And The Harvest – Gillian Welch
12 (10) Who You Are – Jessie J
13 (6) Little Hell – City And Colour
14 (14) Wasting Light – Foo Fighters
15 (12) Glee The Music Vol.6 – Glee Cast
16 (23) Teenage Dream – Katy Perry
17 (16) Roy – Damien Leith
18 (30) Can’t Be Tamed – Miley Cyrus
19 (15) Play On – Carrie Underwood
20 (18) Between Two Lungs – Florence + The Machine
21 (13) Get Your Heart On! – Simple Plan
22 (19) Loud - Rihanna
23 (21) My Worlds – Justin Bieber
24 (17) Ukulele Songs – Eddie Vedder
25 (11) Secret Rituals – The Grates
26 (25) With The Music I Die – Wynter Gordon
27 (24) This Modern Glitch – The Wombats
28 (New) Alpocalypse – Weird Al Yankovic
29 (22) Suck It And See – Arctic Monkeys
30 (36) Down The Way – Angus & Julia Stone
31 (20) Science & Faith – The Script
32 (28) Torches – Foster The People
33 (27) Rumours – Fleetwood Mac
34 (26) Animal – Ke$ha
35 (41) Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites - Skrillex
36 (45) F.A.M.E. – Chris Brown
37 (32) Some Kind Of Trouble – James Blunt
38 (42) Fearless – Taylor Swift
39 (29) Euphoria – Enrique Iglesias
40 (37) The Fame – Lady GaGa
41 (48) For Emma, Forever Ago – Bon Iver
42 (Re) Running On Air – Bliss N Eso
43 (38) The End – Black Eyed Peas
44 (39) Glee The Music Vol.3: Showstoppers – Glee Cast
45 (34) My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy – Kanye West
46 (46) Glee The Music: Season 1 Vol.1 – Glee Cast
47 (Re) Transformers: Dark Of The Moon – Original Soundtrack
48 (44) Greatest Hits…So Far! – P!nk
49 (New) Taking Back Sunday – Taking Back Sunday
50 (New) Sounds Of A Playground Fading – In Flames

+Quote this post
Mark.
post Jul 6 2011, 02:58 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
http://australian-charts.com/forum.asp

Gavin Ryan's Chartifacts
(Thanks to Gavin Ryan)

Singles

Adele again holds the No.1 spot on both the ARIA Singles and Album Charts, with "Someone Like You" now clocking up a second week at the top, whilst former No.1 "Party Rock Anthem" is at No.2 for a second week, something of an anomaly as most long-term number ones usually drop away quite fast after losing their peak position. But with their new album entering high on the albums chart, it could have had a flow on effect to the singles chart.

Pushing her way into our hearts and the Top 3 is Christina Perri and her debut single "Jar of Hearts", which last week became her first Top 10 entry, now it jumps up three places to No.3 to become her first Top 3 single. Christina's jump up pushes down last weeks Top 5, with "Give Me Everything" for Pitbull and Ne-Yo, "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele and "Last Friday Night (TGIF)" for Katy Perry all down one place to No.4, No.5 and No.6 respectively.

"Don't Wanna Go Home" for Jason DeRulo and "We Run the Night" for Havana Brown stay stable at No.7 and No.8 respectively, with "Own This Club" by Marvin Priest down a place to No.10. The only new Top 10 entrant this week is the sixth Top 10 entry for Bruno Mars, "Marry You", which is up four places to land at No.9. It's also the fourth consecutive Top 10 hit from his "Doo-Wops and Hooligans" album which this week sits at No.8.

NEW PEAKS & MOVERS: LMFAO are headed for back-to-back Top 10 hits, as their new single "Champagne Showers" leaps up twelve places to rain on No.14 this week, whilst another of last weeks debuts, "Lighters" by Bad Meets Evil featuring Bruno Mars is up eleven places to No.19. Wynter Gordon’s “Til Death” climbs two places to re-peak at No.16, and the third Top 20 entry this week is "Super Bass" by Nicki Minaj, which climbs five places to No.18 after two weeks at No.23.
With Beyonce's fourth album "4" debuting high this week, it helps give a boost to both of her current charting single, with "Best Thing I Never Had" jumping to a new peak of No.25, whilst "Run the World (Girls)" is back up two places right behind it at No.26. Sneaky Sound System dance up nine places to No.32 with "We Love", and Calvin Harris holds his debut from last week of No.34 with "Bounce" featuring Kelis as guest vocalist, whilst the newly released EP version of Coldplay’s “Every Teardrop is a Waterfall” helps it to climb back up seven places to No.31.

"Femme Fatale" (TW-74) from Britney Spears scores its third Top 40 hit, as the new single "I Wanna Go" claims the highest new entry of the week at No.33. The previous two singles "Hold it Against Me" (HP-4, peaked Jan 2011) and "Till the World Ends" (TW-45, HP-8, peaked May 2011). This new song becomes Britney's 28th Top 100 chart entry here in Australia.

UK rapper Example (real name Elliot Gleave, aka E.G., aka e.g. is short for 'example', thus the name) debuts at No.35 with his first taste of the ARIA Singles Chart, with his former UK No.1 single (for two weeks in early June 2011) "Changed the Way You Kiss Me". This was his first UK No.1, and he has had six singles previously chart there, this current single is taken from his September due third album "Playing in the Shadows".

Already No.1 in Belgium is the second single to be lifted off David Guetta's August due new album "Nothing But the Beat", the track is entitled "Little Bad Girl", and this new song features guest vocals from Taio Cruz and Ludacris. The first single from the forthcoming album was "Where Them Girls at" which reached No.6 and is sitting at No.21 this week.

Lower Top 50: Three weeks ago, Aloe Blacc debuted at No.50 with his song "I Need a Dollar", which fell to No.61 last week, but this week it rebounds back up seven places to No.54, poised to re-enter the Top 50 next week maybe. The only peaking track (and it's a re-peak anyway) in the lower fifty is Linkin Park's "Iridescent", which re-enters at No.90, the position it debut at three weeks ago, but now that the third Transformers film is out, it jumps back into the T100.

Twenty-one years ago THIS WEEK, Wilson Phillips were peaking at No.2 with their debut single "Hold On". This week the song re-enters the Top 100 at No.51 thanks to its use (and their guest appearance) in the new comedy film "Bridesmaids".

Snoop Dogg debuts at No.53 with the second single from his "Doggumentary" album entitled "Boom". It features guest vocals from T-Pain, and samples the 1982 song "Situation" by English duo Yazoo. It's Snoop's 30th chart appearance, and the follow-up to the former No.1 (April 2011) track "Sweat" (TW-28).

Coldplay released an EP for "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" (up seven to No.31) this past week, which contained two new songs, both of which enter the charts this week. At No.71 is "Moving to Mars", and right behind at No.72 is "Major Minus", both of which should be included on their upcoming fifth album.

Darren Hayes returns to the ARIA Singles Chart with his ninth solo entry at No.79 "Talk, Talk, Talk". It's the first taste of his October due fourth album which is to be entitled "Secret Codes and Battleships". Darren's last chart entry was back in 2007 with the No.29 single “On the Verge of Something Wonderful” and November 2007 made it to No.48 on the physical singles chart with it’s follow-up “Me, Myself and I”.

On the album chart this week, Skrillex moves to a new peak of No.35 with his album "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites", of which the title track is at No.69 this week. The latest track from the album debuts at No.84 entitled "First of the Year (Equinox)".

LMFAO debut at No.88 with the title track from their new album "Sorry for Party Rocking", which gives them four Top 100 entries at the moment ("Shots" is at No.83 this week). And the final new entry at No.93 is "Out of My Head" by Lupe Fiasco featuring Trey Songz as guest vocalist. It's the second single here to be released from his "Lasers" album (third internationally), following-up from his first Top 10 hit "The Show Goes On" (TW-68, HP-5).

Albums

Eight accumulated weeks at No.1 for Adele's "21" album, both runs at the top have now been four-weeks apiece. The last act to spend eight weeks at the top (or more) was of course P!nk's "Greatest Hits... So Far" which racked up thirteen weeks in total, plus Adele holds at No.9 with her first album "19".

Album number four for Beyonce is entitled "4", and it's the highest new entry this week, and is also Beyonce's highest debuting album too. Her first album "Dangerously in Love" debuted at No.3 and the following week climbed to No.2. Her second album "B'Day" debuted and peaked at No.8, whilst her third set "I Am... Sacha Fierce" took 45 weeks to climb to its peak of No.3, which means that all four of her albums have hit the Top 10. The two lead singles from the album have been "Run the World (Girls)" (HP-10, TW-26) and "Best Thing I Never Had" (TW-25).

Debuting right behind her at No.3 is the second album for dance group LMFAO, with "Sorry for Party Rocking". Their first album was "Party Rock" (2009), but it failed to chart here in Australia. Of course we all know that they recently spent ten weeks at No.1 with the current No.2 single "Party Rock Anthem", and have charged into the Top 15 this week with it's follow-up "Champagne Showers", which is sitting at No.14, whilst the albums title track also enters the charts at No.88.

Last weeks three Top 5 debuts all fall two places each this week. Bon Iver's self-titled album is down to No.4, Bad Meets Evil with "Hell: The Sequel" is down to No.5, and Pitbull's "Planet Pit" is at No.7. The title "Born This Way" for Lady GaGa has never been at No.6, on either the singles or album charts, but this week the album drops two places to No.6. It had been tracking 1-2-3-4 so far, and the single went 1-2-3-4-4-5-7-8. Holding at No.8 is Bruno Mars' "Doo Wops and Hooligans", and dropping three places to No.10 is the self-titled album for the trio Seeker, Lover, Keeper.

American country singer Gillian Welch hasn't released a new album in eight years, but this week her fifth album "The Harrow and the Harvest" debuts at No.11 to become her highest placed album here in Australia. She has previously charted with her fourth album “Soul Journey” (HP-69, June 2003), and has of course made plenty of guest appearances on tracks during her album hiatus.

NEW PEAKS & MOVERS: Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" rebounds into the Top 20, up seven places to No.16 this week. Whilst recent tourist Miley Cyrus is up twelve places to No.18 with her album "Can't Be Tamed". Skrillex climbs six places to a new peak of No.35 with his album "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites". Bliss N' Eso's "Running on Air" jumps back into the Top 50 at No.42 (up twenty four places from last week's No.66), and also returning to the T50 is the new "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" soundtrack, back in at No.47. Lower down Stevie Nicks re-enters at No.65 with her recent No.24 album “In Your Dreams”, helped by just announced November 2011 national tour, and climbing to a new peak of No.65 is Nicki Minaj’s “Pink Friday” album (former peak No.71)

Weird Al Yankovic debuts at No.28 with his thirteenth album “Apocalypse”, which continues the mid-30’s trend his last three studio albums have all achieved, which you can see below in his Australian chart history…

No. Entry Date HP WI Cert Titles
A2 28-May-84 61 5 IN 3-D
A5 10-Oct-88 73 3 EVEN WORSE
A7 14-Jun-92 45 7 OFF THE DEEP END
A10 9-Aug-99 18 10 ● RUNNING WITH SCISSORS
A11 16-Jun-03 26 12a POODLE HAT
A12 9-Oct-06 27 5 STRAIGHT OUTTA LYNWOOD
G6 28-Mar-11 45 1 THE ESSENTIAL WEIRD AL YANKOVIC 3.0
G6 13-Jun-11 81 4* THE ESSENTIAL WEIRD AL YANKOVIC 3.0 ®
A13 4-Jul-11 28 1* APOCALYPSE

American group Taking Back Sunday first made a dent on the ARIA Album Charts with their third album "Louder Now" (HP-17, May 2006), whilst their follow-up "New Again" went to No.31 (June 2009). Their fifth album which is self-titled debuts this week at No.49. And the tenth studio album for Swedish death metal band In Flames debuts right behind at No.50, entitled "Sounds of a Playground Fading", and it's their first charting album here.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:46 AM