BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> MDNA@5 ● MDNA Survivor Results, It's got me saying "M-D-N-A"
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post 25th August 2017, 12:59 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

Runner-Up: Girl Gone Wild

After a tight race, second place goes to 'Girl Gone Wild'. Chosen as the second single from the album, 'Girl Gone Wild' represents the fearless, fun-loving Madonna who refuses to slow down as she encourages the girls to join her on the dance floor. It's not the most imaginative as far as lyrics and production is concerned but, in a club environment, it's easy to understand why that stomping beat can take over your body and let you get lost in a world of euphoria, especially when you have a dance routine as sharp and sassy as the one performed in its music video to copy.

Winner: I'm Addicted

The lead single that never was, 'I'm Addicted' has been crowned your favourite track from MDNA. It's an intense listen as Benassi does his best Orbit impression with production full to the brim of bleeps and whirs and synths and beats; such a highly euphoric, energetic dancefloor filler that just makes you want to totally lose control. The last minute or so with the repeated "M-D-N-A" chant makes for an explosive climax, ensuring you are left hot and sweaty and ready for more. I need to dance ~

Results:

01: I'm Addicted
02: Girl Gone Wild
03: Gang Bang
04: Love Spent
05: Masterpiece
06: I Don't Give A (ft. Nicki Minaj)
07: I'm a Sinner
08: Beautiful Killer
09: Give Me All Your Lovin' (ft. Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.)
10: Best Friend
11: I f***ed Up
12: Some Girls
13: Turn Up the Radio
14: Falling Free
15: Superstar
16: B-Day Song (ft. M.I.A)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 25th August 2017, 01:05 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Very pleased 'I'm Addicted' won. wub.gif It's so full on and energetic, like a 2012 version of 'Ray of Light'. Really fantastic production. Truly shocked that 'Give Me All Your Luvin'' was considered a better choice of lead single.

'Girl Gone Wild' would not have made it anywhere this high for me but it's fair to say I underestimated it. Sure it has some very vocal haters but clearly there's a lot of love for it and, when I ignore the fact it's a Madonna song, I can totally see why people would enjoy it. Still a very like-dislike relationship for me but it's undeniable that the video is so damn good.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 25th August 2017, 08:17 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Very very good winner! I agree it would have made such a fabulous lead single and it'd have been interesting to see how that played out. I can only imagine they went with GMAYL because of the features?

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 25th August 2017, 08:59 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

I imagine it will have been half that and half the cheerleader quality about it to coincide with the Super Bowl. Wasn't worth it.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 26th August 2017, 11:46 AM
Post #5
Group icon
User: 13,007

I love both songs but I'm Addicted is definitely the better and a worthy winner. It's an absolute STOMPER of a song and would've been the perfect era open, in terms of production, lyrical content, EVERYTHING. Ugh what a missed opportunity sad.gif Maybe they thought it would've been too controversial given the drug references but when has M ever shied from controversy before? IF ONLY sad.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 27th August 2017, 01:23 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Madonna and her team do seem to tread carefully as far as singles are concerned in recent years. Madonna of old would have totally been down for releasing 'I'm Addicted', 'Gang Bang', 'Devil Pray' etc. with exciting, daring videos.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 1st September 2017, 12:10 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

My personal results:

01) I'm Addicted
02) Gang Bang
03) Beautiful Killer
04) Love Spent
05) Masterpiece
06) I Don't Give A
07) Some Girls
08) I'm a Sinner
09) Best Friend
10) I f***ed Up
11) Falling Free
12) Girl Gone Wild
13) Give Me All Your Luvin'
14) B-Day Song
15) Turn Up the Radio
16) Superstar

The top two were clear for the start and I already knew what my bottom few would compile of, but everything else was quite difficult! Sure, it's not the strongest of her album collection but there's lots of enjoyable, poppy songs and plenty of notable Madonna elements in the mix.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 09:53 PM