BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Unpopular Opinions
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
dandy*
post 4th September 2019, 04:42 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

QUOTE(Medellíam @ Sep 4 2019, 05:35 PM) *
ohmy.gif

Which album is best for you?

I'm tempted to say X has the most songs I like and that still has a fair few duds - and stylistically it doesn't really hang together at all so maybe not.

Maybe Impossible Princess actually. Yeah I'll go with that.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 4th September 2019, 04:57 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(dandy* @ Sep 4 2019, 05:33 PM) *
Despite having quite a lot of great singles, Kylie has never released a great album.

I'll run away now... laugh.gif

I do somewhat agree tbh. I like a few Kylie albums (Light Years, Fever, Aphrodite) but I wouldn't class any of her albums as 'great' on the level of some of Madonnas (Like a prayer, Ray of Light, Confessions...)

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 4th September 2019, 05:07 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Mansonette

Come join me in exile! wub.gif laugh.gif

Liam you should do an ultimate Kylie rate like the Madonna one, I’d be interested enough to give things another listen.

+Quote this post
Vülker
post 4th September 2019, 05:29 PM
Post #24
Group icon
üüü barracüda
User: 10,222

I actually always thought this. As much as I adore her and her output there's has never been a total opus amongst her albums.

I feel like Light Years might be her strongest. Yes, it's camp as tits but that was its mission statement. Aphrodite is perhaps the most cohesive but there's a lack of classic anthems bar ATL.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 4th September 2019, 05:37 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Light Years is Kylie's strongest album.
Aphrodite, Kylie, and Enjoy Yourself i refer to as strong albums throughout, and consistent with her sound at those particular times.
The point can be taken on board with albums such as X, Lets Get To It, Body Language, KM94 who experience some strong elements and also many weak elements.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 5th September 2019, 08:43 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Light years really is the cream of the crop when it comes to her albums, while there is the odd dud tracks I think her first three pwl albums are great, IP, Fever and Aphrodite are all strong albums. Her others albums are split as they have a few duds on them but light years is just a joy from start to finish.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 5th September 2019, 09:59 AM
Post #27
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Light Years is such a weird one. It's definitely my favourite Kylie album, although there are some tracks on it I wouldn't dream of listening to in isolation they just work so perfectly to create a whole piece when you play the album through.

(except the ballad)

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 5th September 2019, 11:05 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

The album is fun and I nearly feel its trademark kylie. She really couldn't have come back with a better album. If you were to make a perfect 12 track kylie album what songs would you pick not including singles?

+Quote this post
pippa
post 5th September 2019, 01:32 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Is it 12 songs (non singles) from all her studio albums?

+Quote this post
Red Blooded Man
post 5th September 2019, 03:22 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 822

QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Sep 5 2019, 05:59 PM) *
Light Years is such a weird one. It's definitely my favourite Kylie album, although there are some tracks on it I wouldn't dream of listening to in isolation they just work so perfectly to create a whole piece when you play the album through.

(except the ballad)

Agree that LY is a weird one, it would have been her strongest album if it weren't for Bittersweet Goodbye, Under the Influence of Love and KIDS... sleep.gif

In terms of cohesion, Aphrodite is the strongest, then it's Body Language (except Someday and I Feel For You).

I've also realized that LY is the album with the most tracks, 15 including Passwords. Having too many songs on an album usually damages its cohesiveness.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 5th September 2019, 03:41 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

QUOTE(dandy* @ Sep 4 2019, 05:42 PM) *
I'm tempted to say X has the most songs I like and that still has a fair few duds - and stylistically it doesn't really hang together at all so maybe not.

Maybe Impossible Princess actually. Yeah I'll go with that.

I'd recommend having a listen to some of the bonus material from that era as most fans seem to be in agreement that a lot of those songs would have been better suited to the album. 'Cherry Bomb', 'Magnetic Electric' and 'Rippin' Up the Disco' are my favourites, then there's unreleased songs like 'Fall For You' and 'Lose Control' that seem to be very popular with die-hard fans.

I had a feeling you'd say Impossible Princess. It does rate as one of my very favourites but I can definitely appreciate what Kylie was going for and can value its importance in her career. 'Limbo' and 'Dreams' are fab.

QUOTE(dandy* @ Sep 4 2019, 06:07 PM) *
Liam you should do an ultimate Kylie rate like the Madonna one, I’d be interested enough to give things another listen.

I'd definitely be down to get something organised following the Madonna rate! Perhaps for album and bonus tracks as we not long completed a singles rate, but it would still leave us with enough material to look at and celebrate.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 5th September 2019, 05:11 PM
Post #32
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I can't stand Slow or CGYOOMH puke.gif

+Quote this post
pippa
post 5th September 2019, 05:19 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Red Blooded Man @ Sep 5 2019, 04:22 PM) *
Agree that LY is a weird one, it would have been her strongest album if it weren't for Bittersweet Goodbye, Under the Influence of Love and KIDS... sleep.gif

In terms of cohesion, Aphrodite is the strongest, then it's Body Language (except Someday and I Feel For You).

I've also realized that LY is the album with the most tracks, 15 including Passwords. Having too many songs on an album usually damages its cohesiveness.

Bittersweet Goodbye, Under the Influence of Love and Kids are all great songs and enjoyable on a very enjoyable album.

X houses songs i love and also songs i hate, it is her album that is so split, the bad on X is up there with the bad on Kiss Me Once.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 5th September 2019, 06:04 PM
Post #34
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

QUOTE(Medellíam @ Sep 5 2019, 04:41 PM) *
I'd recommend having a listen to some of the bonus material from that era as most fans seem to be in agreement that a lot of those songs would have been better suited to the album. 'Cherry Bomb', 'Magnetic Electric' and 'Rippin' Up the Disco' are my favourites, then there's unreleased songs like 'Fall For You' and 'Lose Control' that seem to be very popular with die-hard fans.

I had a feeling you'd say Impossible Princess. It does rate as one of my very favourites but I can definitely appreciate what Kylie was going for and can value its importance in her career. 'Limbo' and 'Dreams' are fab.
I'd definitely be down to get something organised following the Madonna rate! Perhaps for album and bonus tracks as we not long completed a singles rate, but it would still leave us with enough material to look at and celebrate.

Speaking of the Unreleased material from the X era, I've made my own version of that album with a mixture of what's already on there, unreleased & b-sides

1. Magnetic Electric*
2. Like A Drug
3. In My Arms
4. Speakerphone
5. The One
6. Sexual Gold*
7. Sensitized
8. Rippin' Up The Disco*
9. Cherry Bomb*
10. Lose Control*
11. Do It Again*
12. Wow
13. Fall For You*
14. Stars
Bonus Tracks:
15. Ruffle My Feathers (Everlasting Love)*
16. White Diamond*

* (Unreleased or B-Side)

This post has been edited by SamJudd: 6th September 2019, 03:08 AM

+Quote this post
pippa
post 5th September 2019, 06:19 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

A huge amount of material was generated through the X era.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 5th September 2019, 07:17 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Mansonette

QUOTE(Medellíam @ Sep 5 2019, 04:41 PM) *

I did hear most of the material from X at the time - in fact someone sent it me, bizarrely, about 2 months before release and I still have no reason why! I've lost the files now though as they would have been on the old PC. I think I remember liking Lose Control though.

That would be perfect! I know all her singles well so it would be interesting to go through the rest of her material again. happy.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 11:29 PM