BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Films You Have Watched In 2019!, New year, new thread.
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Darwin Turretson
post May 5 2019, 06:10 PM
Post #21
Everywhere's my happy place
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,666
   No Gallery Pics

War Horse (2012)

I turned on the TV while I was waiting for a package and this was just showing on BBC One. I sat through the film and I can safely say that this was a fantastic film. The journey Joey goes through during the First World War is done through a fantastic presentation. There's lots of great things I saw in this movie such as Joey's bond with Topthorn, the tension in the battle scenes and the negative effects WWI had on Britain, as well as the Brits and Germans that were there to witness it. The soundtrack, cinematography and acting were also really good.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
megnano
post May 13 2019, 12:34 PM
Post #22
New Entry
Member No.: 87,189
   No Gallery Pics

Recently, I saw Captain Marvel, A Star is Born. And I saw Blended with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore actually yesterday. All three were good!

+Quote Post
Darwin Turretson
post May 17 2019, 05:13 PM
Post #23
   No Gallery Pics

Chevalier (2015):

A Greek movie focusing on a group of men engaging in competitive games on a boat. This may sound like one of those concepts you'd expect from a raunchy comedy film, but the film carries a more serious, grounded tone. It does a good job at displaying elements of masculinity and the weaknesses men often encounter in life throughout the film. It can get a bit too slow-paced at times though. 'Tis a good film overall

+Quote Post
Darwin Turretson
post May 27 2019, 01:03 AM
Post #24
   No Gallery Pics

Jackie Brown:

This was the only Tarantino movie that I haven't seen, and I'm glad to have done so today. Tarantino brings in another interesting direction to this film, going with a great screenplay and great soundtrack as always. I also liked the scenes showing Jackie's stacks of records on her house, with her putting on a Delfonics vinyl on the turntable (Plus this was when CDs started to overtake vinyl as the biggest selling media format. There's also a seen in which Max Cherry buys a Delfonics cassette from a media store and plays it in his car while driving. The story takes a great look at its characters associated with a huge wad of cash that Samuel L Jackson's character Ordell Robbie has kept hidden back in Mexico. The money exchange scene showing the perspectives of three characters was also very interesting and excellently directed. What weighs this film down were that some parts felt slow and it also got confusing at some points. Nevertheless, it was an excellent film.

+Quote Post
Darwin Turretson
post May 29 2019, 11:57 PM
Post #25
   No Gallery Pics

Shutter Island (2010)

I don't want to spoil anything for you, but I can safely say that watching this movie was a unique, absolutely gripping experience.

The DT32 way of watching Shutter Island:
1. Buy the film on DVD (not necessary if you have a copy in your DVD collection already)
2. Read the blurb on the back of the DVD box
3. If you're intrigued by the concept, insert the disc into a working DVD player
4. Sit back and watch the film with full concentration (...and enjoy!)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th June 2019 - 03:58 PM