BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Sergeistan National Thread
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Sergej
post Sep 19 2019, 03:08 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723
BJSC 118: Zivert - Beverly Hills

This was a recent discovery for me thanks to my mother who also loves this artist. Zivert is a russian pop singer, who is really huge in Russia and currently she's hit the top 25 in my chart with "Life". This is her new single "Beverly Hills", a 80's synth pop like dance song, with lyrics entirely in Russian. As good as I signed up, this was my first choice for my first participated in this Contest. This song will be in the 2nd Semi-Final starting at #25. I have high hopes for this song to do well, but I don't know if it will. Let's see how it will hold up in my first participation in the Buzzjack Song Contest.

This post has been edited by Sergej: Mar 16 2024, 02:55 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Sep 19 2019, 06:26 PM
Post #2
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
Sounds like a classic already! Good luck on qualifying!

+Quote this post
Brer
post Sep 23 2019, 10:02 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
Welcome to the contest at last, was hoping for a while that you'd join! jump.gif A pretty inspired and fun 80s-y debut entry, I hope it can give you a qualifier off the bat.

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Oct 6 2019, 07:50 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I'm actually proud to participate here for the first time and to qualify for the finals. And to land 23th place overall, I'm actually ok with it. I hope I can participate in this contest soon again, when I find some new music that nobody has heard before.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Oct 6 2019, 11:02 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
This was such a perfect first impression for your nation with the Jadakissnians, a bronze medal in the bag! Your entry has such a lush timeless feel about it and grew on me more and more with each listen. I'm excited to hear more from Sergeistan in the future if this is already the standard!

(shame this didn't do a bit better when it was as high as 2nd at one point in the reveal, but qualifying on your first try is impressive for sure)

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Oct 20 2019, 04:32 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
BJSC 119: The Kolors - Los Angeles (feat. Guč Pequeno)

After successfully qualifying to the last BJSC contest, we take a risk to continue the retro vibe with the song that I've chosen for this month's contest. This month we are sending italian pop-rock band The Kolors alongside italian rapper Guč Pequeno with "Los Angeles". It currently sits at #1 in Sergej's chart and we hope that not only we would qualifity again, but also that this will do better than our last month's entry.

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Sep 23 2021, 03:42 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
BJSC 138: Charli Adams - Didn't Make It

In my return to BJSC, I chose a song that one of my friends recommended me.
I like this song, because of the Indie-Pop sound and I hope this could do well.

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Oct 8 2021, 05:58 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Hello everyone, Sergej from Sergeistan here.
I want to make this post to announce my retirement from the Buzzjack Song Contest.
Due to ongoing personal issues with work and being very busy, I have to say goodbye for now.
I might return but chances are very slim, because my Inspiration for finding music for the Contest is currently lacking for me.
I know I only had 3 Times participating but I still had a great time discovering new music through the Contest and I hope to still find new Songs through this Contest, just not as a participant.

Thank you all so much for accepting me into this Contest, but for now I have bigger things to concentrate on.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Oct 8 2021, 03:11 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837
Aww Sergej, sad to see you go. Your song was one of my top discoveries of this month's edition so I would have loved to see what else you could have offered. But I understand putting your personal life first and foremost and I hope everything works out well for you <3

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Feb 14 2023, 09:18 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(diva thin muffin @ Oct 8 2021, 04:11 PM) *
Aww Sergej, sad to see you go. Your song was one of my top discoveries of this month's edition so I would have loved to see what else you could have offered. But I understand putting your personal life first and foremost and I hope everything works out well for you <3

Thank you so much, that you liked my last entry. I hope you'll like this contest's entry, I'm coming back for one more time.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post Feb 14 2023, 09:37 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804
Welcome back cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Feb 14 2023, 09:44 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Roba. @ Feb 14 2023, 10:37 PM) *
Welcome back cheer.gif

Thank you for the welcome back party. Glad to be here if only for one contest.

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Feb 17 2023, 06:17 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
BJSC 152 Entry
Artists: Frederico & Tiffany Aris
Song: Like A River

About the artists:
Frederico
Music that archives memories, that enables one to escape from reality and motivates one to be courageous and free – Frederico (Johann Friedrich Steinke) devotes himself to this music. Born in Bautzen, he has mastered various instruments since childhood and has already performed on stage as a drummer with well-known artists such as Lena Meyer-Landrut and Esther Graf. In his adopted home of Berlin, he worked as a producer, co-producer and writer.

Tiffany Aris
Growing up surrounded by music, spending long hours in different studios, Tiffany Aris was able to thoroughly develop her skills as a singer and songwriter. From the age of five, she started recording vocals for music and voice over projects. Since then, Tiffany Aris gathered a substantial amount of experiences as she also started performing live, singing cover songs and originals, as well as further improving her capacity as a studio vocalist and songwriter.

Today, 23-year-old Tiffany Aris is living in her hometown Hamburg, Germany, working as a professional singer songwriter and performing artist. Inspired by great female artists such as Lady Gaga, Billie Eilish and Dua Lipa she found her own style of music - Pop meets 80s-Soul, and enchants the audience with her unique voice, magnificent song writing and her open-minded, thoughtful attitude.

She oscillates between Berlin and Hamburg, is having writing sessions all over Europe (Zoom makes it happen) and releasing features with great artists like Tiscore and Michael Fall. In the future we will hear a lot more of her.

About the song:
Frederico and Tiffany Aris' song "Like A River" is a driving, energetic dance track about leaving home and your old life behind. What begins as an almost acoustic/folk-sounding song develops over the course of the refrain into a large world of sound that ties in perfectly with previous releases and shows a new side of the genre “Euphoria Pop” (E-Pop) that Frederico personally defined.

+Quote this post
Cow P
post Feb 17 2023, 06:29 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Cowcow no Frieren
User: 127,479
Sending an early hype to Sergeistan. Hoping that the comeback is paid off!

This post has been edited by Cow Cow: Feb 17 2023, 06:30 AM

+Quote this post
uhsting
post Feb 17 2023, 09:54 AM
Post #15
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363
When I first heard this on NMF, this is catchy af. "Rushes like a river" is stuck in my head. Hopefully, the pop bloc will be behind you on this! happy.gif

+Quote this post
awardinary
post Feb 17 2023, 12:44 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587
This sounds really catchy! A very uplifting track indeed! heart.gif

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Feb 19 2023, 09:58 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Cow Cow @ Feb 17 2023, 07:29 AM) *
Sending an early hype to Sergeistan. Hoping that the comeback is paid off!

Thank you for the hype. I hope it does well.

+Quote this post
Sergej
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(awardinary @ Feb 17 2023, 01:44 PM) *
This sounds really catchy! A very uplifting track indeed! heart.gif

Glad that you like it, it is very catchy and makes me happy everytime I listen to it smile.gif

+Quote this post
Sergej
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(uhsting @ Feb 17 2023, 10:54 AM) *
When I first heard this on NMF, this is catchy af. "Rushes like a river" is stuck in my head. Hopefully, the pop bloc will be behind you on this! happy.gif

So happy that you like it, hope it does well for me.

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Mar 3 2023, 11:47 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
BJSC 152 Entry
Artists: Frederico & Tiffany Aris
Song: Like A River

Place: 9th
Total Points: 238

You know, I was going with low expectations into this contest, I was sure going in with this, I would be doing well, but not as great as the other participants. When I got the finals, I was happy, but I knew that I would be steamrolled by everyone's songs, potentially being a lower rank. I did not have any good intentions with going in with a great result.

To my surprise, I was wrong. I hoped I would do moderately well, but not THIS well! First time top 10. I mean, wow, this was great.

I'm not disappointed in my music choice for this contest. I can walk away from the contest with my head held high and not feel very sad. Thank you all for the votes, especially to those who gave me the highest scoring points.

Well, it was fun for me, but now it's time for time to go back into retirement (having personal problems, work ethics and life changes to deal with). I hope to continue following the contest and find new music through them.

Sergeistan is happy again. Who knows, maybe we'll come back again. Never say never.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:42 PM