BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RPDR | UK vs. the World | Season 2, 9th February 2024
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
post 10th March 2024, 12:38 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Love love love Tia but I think they’re pushing her a little too hard now: there’s no way she was top over Hannah and Scarlet this week.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 13th March 2024, 12:23 AM
Post #42
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Honestly for me Gothy has had the most impact of all the UK huns this season laugh.gif

+Quote this post
DanielSwift
post 15th March 2024, 09:40 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 119,363

This week's challenge is legit the EXACT same challenge as Episode 10 of Drag Race Season 7 LMAOOO

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 15th March 2024, 11:22 PM
Post #44
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Honestly if it’s not Marina… Hannah kind of screams winner energy. She’s so warm and lovable, she has such a magnetism to her that I feel like I could watch her do pretty much anything and enjoy it. Those two have made this season for me, along with LGD but she hasn’t been performing as well the last couple of weeks.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 16th March 2024, 12:50 AM
Post #45
Group icon

Hannah has really grown on me as well! I also like Marina and LGD. UK and US are really struggling on the favorability scale for me this season by comparison!

+Quote this post
Calum
post 16th March 2024, 03:53 AM
Post #46
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

Tia vs the World now then… shock x

That challenge was certainly interesting, just seemed to be getting started then boom it was over haha, but Hannah and Marina absolutely slayed!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 22nd March 2024, 10:40 PM
Post #47
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Tia finally had a standout challenge win, but Hannah absolutely devoured the lipsync! I’ve liked Tia a lot more this season but it’s Hannah or Marina to win for me. Marina has killed the season and Hannah has really surprised me by being so much more warm and electric this time around.

I love LGD and has shone in this season, but she is not up there in terms of winning I feel. Tia I have to say I would be disappointed with, she’s done well I just would be uninspired to see another UK girl win and I feel so much more compelled Hannah and Marina too. She’s had a glow up and I’ve enjoyed her more but idk there’s still something missing for me to want her to win. I don’t think they’ve pushed Tia, she has done really well, but if they’re just going to crown another UK girl they should just do UK All Stars.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 23rd March 2024, 12:52 PM
Post #48
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Unfortunately LGD has lost the momentum and is sadly not going to win. She still slayed everything though and those looks are all insane.

I don’t see how they don’t just crown Tia here, her looks are on point and she had the most wins of them all. That roast was incredible. Michael Face, I was dying!! But it’s pretty close otherwise, the whole top 4 did amazing

+Quote this post
152chris
post 23rd March 2024, 02:39 PM
Post #49
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105

yea this is such a beautiful top 4, i would be happy with any of them winning.

tia really showed why she has it in her to be the winner tonight, marina is obviously perfect and the fact that LGD has done so well with the language barrier is beyond impressive, but my heart really wants hannah to win. there’s just something about her that’s really connected with me this season!

+Quote this post
Calum
post 24th March 2024, 01:13 PM
Post #50
Group icon
nabad

I'm really starting to back Hannah for the win now, but I feel like (if there's any justice) it should be Marina. But we really are getting set up for a Tia win drama.gif

Tia has had a glow-up since UK2, I can appreciate that. Her runways are a lot better and she was genuinely funny in the roast, but she hasn't always been amazing (as much as they've tried to make you believe), and I think Lew summarised my thoughts on her perfectly in the rankings thread. Just ugh sad.gif

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 25th March 2024, 03:03 PM
Post #51
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

I'M NOT READY FOR THIS SERIES TO END! I love all four girls left and how amazing that none of them are US queens for once?! They all show a different side of drag that I love and I think they've all got such charisma.

Tia Kofi's roast was so good, exactly my type of humour. I also keep thinking about her "when I go, I hope it's instant" joke, LGD not getting it and Hannah Conda screaming INSTANT COFFEE! Hannah's such a joy, I can't.

I was really worried Marina would go in a last minute Pangina move and I struggle to see how she doesn't win a lipsync smackdown so I'm rooting for her to win. She really is just the whole package and she's done very well at challenges where it must be so difficult in your second language.

+Quote this post
Juranamo
post 25th March 2024, 10:46 PM
Post #52
Group icon
"Everything seems different the second time around."
User: 5,830

I can't at this (not only being the PERFECT Top 4), but also the correct order of elimination immediately prior to the final 4. 😍

Scarlet was strong throughout the season, but didn't have any real standout moments like the Top 4 have. Choriza was best of the rest, but her style of drag doesn't translate so well on a competition setting!

I'd be happy with any of them winning: LGD and Marina have the second language barrier to contend with, which was particularly impressive. Whilst Marina was definitely up there, I do feel she's the most decorated queen because she's the best lipsyncer/dancer by FAR. Based on the challenges, I'd probably place her level with Hannah and Tia (with LGD marginally lower following a couple of bombs that the others didn't really have!)

Marina should win, baring in mind it's a lipsync final... But who knows what production say. 😂

+Quote this post
Calum
post 29th March 2024, 10:13 PM
Post #53
Group icon
nabad

Yawn.

Winner aside, Your Disco Needs You was such a perfect lip-sync song cheeseblock.png it was all so wholesome and a great celebration of the season as a whole which has been largely one of the most enjoyable in a long time.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 29th March 2024, 11:27 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

Fun and wholesome season with a winner that had been obvious for weeks — deserved or not.

The way they edited Marina out of her lip sync was questionable. Humour in lip-syncs can obviously be incredible moments but there was no skill in Tia throwing everything at the wall and hoping something would stick. It was just cringeworthy by the end and very sloppy — I thought LGD delivered over that. I do like Tia, and I do think she has had moments to shine and show her development as a queen, but mess.

They need to stop this lip sync for the win format already — across all franchises. They also need to retool this entire show to be more incorporative of international queens. The same old tired challenges can go.

This post has been edited by blacksquare: 29th March 2024, 11:47 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 29th March 2024, 11:29 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I wouldn’t say Tia doesn’t deserve it, but I’d be lying if I said she didn’t feel like a disappointing winner here. Marina was just so next level, killed basically everything bar Snatch Game and the roast (even then, she did decent enough considering the odds were stacked against her) and was by far the best performer and really grabbed this chance to show herself to the wider fanbase which is what Vs The World should be about. Hannah also had the momentum at the end and it kind of felt like she had a bit of a winner’s edit too. This just feels like they wanted to crown another UK girl, I feel like I’ve said it a lot this season but if that’s the case they should just have done UK All Stars. Tia did well at every challenge bar the dancing and talent show but I just don’t feel like her performance across the season stood out the same way as Marina. It feels like Vs The World is an easy crown for an already popular Ru girl and a “be thankful you got to be on a series people watched smile.gif” for the others laugh.gif

Having said that, Tia did have a huge glow up and it’s amazing to see a black queen do this well on Drag Race UK after how they’ve been treated in the past on the show!

I did really enjoy this season though, last season was an absolute horror with probably the most underwhelming winner of all time and my least favourite winner worldwide (aside from the two obvious horrors), and none of them really gave a shit by the end so it was a chore for the last two episodes. Here the top 4 really shone, and in the end they all actually fought for it and have a great show.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 29th March 2024, 11:46 PM
Post #56
Group icon

Finally I can reveal that I knew the spoilers for this season.

Yeah, this was the worst for me. LGD slayed Tia stone dead in the first one. I haven't seen Tia have a single even passable lipsync this season to my taste so this was really a pretty bullshit ending for me.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 29th March 2024, 11:48 PM
Post #57
Group icon
nabad

The most bullshit thing about it all is that Tia literally pulls the same tricks out the book every single time because she doesn't know what else to do, yet to Ru that's landmark and groundbreaking comedy that wins a lip-sync over a genuinely good all-round performance.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 29th March 2024, 11:49 PM
Post #58
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

QUOTE(J00prstar @ Mar 29 2024, 11:46 PM) *
Finally I can reveal that I knew the spoilers for this season.

Yeah, this was the worst for me. LGD slayed Tia stone dead in the first one. I haven't seen Tia have a single even passable lipsync this season to my taste so this was really a pretty bullshit ending for me.

The way I spent a year convinced I would hate this season bc I knew Tia was top 2 and didn’t like her on UK2, and I couldn’t fathom Hannah winning a lipsync against Marina. I was thinking up all these niche and campy songs they could use that would have Hannah winning laugh.gif

The most gutting fake spoiler was that LGD won Snatch Game and would have been the first to do it in two languages!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 29th March 2024, 11:52 PM
Post #59
Group icon

QUOTE(Liаm @ Mar 29 2024, 11:49 PM) *
The way I spent nearly a year convinced I would hate this season bc I knew Tia was top 2 and didn’t like her on UK2, and I couldn’t fathom Hannah winning a lipsync against Marina. I was thinking up all these niche and campy songs they could use that would have Hannah winning laugh.gif

I thought she would have a major glowup and slay a lot of different challenges!

I didn't expect literally 3 out of 4 to be basically storyline wins or default wins ohmy.gif

Seriously for me she was safe-safe-safe most of the season, some decent challenge performances, most ok only, runways pretty average, lipsyncs generally poor. She just didn't seem to have the spark she had in season 1 in my opinion for most of the season. And its weird to me because on social media etc. she IS funny and she DOES have the looks etc.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 30th March 2024, 12:02 AM
Post #60
Group icon
nabad

Are we really calling her "wins" wins though? In my eyes she only had one Selena.png Marina on the other hand had three actual wins DeadBanana.gif

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 04:19 PM