BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
14 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Suggestion Box!, We want to hear from you!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Silas
post Apr 5 2013, 02:17 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
We have some very exciting plans being ironed out currently that we can't wait to tell you about! The first of our changes for 2013 is this thread!!!

- Got an idea for a rule that you'd like to see introduced?
- Is there a rule you think should be changed or removed?
- Got a spin off idea in your back pocket that you're just itching to tell the world about?
- Have you had an idea for a BJSC logo that you want to share with the world?
- Have an idea about a new resource?
- Have an idea for an 'event' contest?

This is the place you can do that and more! We want to hear from you. Your ideas, your queries, your concerns, the whole nine yards! One of us will respond to your post and we will discuss everything raised in here in our mod forum.

Initially what we are really looking for is people who have an idea for a spin-off and for those people who haven't yet hosted but are dying to do so. Later this year spin-offs and Reloaded will relaunch and we are looking for people to be hosts! We don't have exact dates as of yet but I am anticipating a mid/late summer launch.

We're also planning an event for June this year. So stay tuned and get submitting!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brer
post Apr 5 2013, 02:36 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
Oh yay for more spinoffs! Can we have a 90s spinoff please?

(By the way are the BJSC Awards for last year just not happening now?)

+Quote this post
Silas
post Apr 5 2013, 02:44 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Queen of Soon
QUOTE(Bra @ Apr 5 2013, 03:36 PM) *
Oh yay for more spinoffs! Can we have a 90s spinoff please?

(By the way are the BJSC Awards for last year just not happening now?)

If you want to host a 90's spin off I can add that to the list! Even if you don't it's going on there! Any excuse to wheel out the 90's CD's

(We'll see what we can whip up)

+Quote this post
LexC
post Apr 5 2013, 03:11 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342
I'd just like to suggest the possibility of BJFestivalen II sil vous plait.

+Quote this post
Oliver
post Apr 5 2013, 03:13 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
User: 15,367
QUOTE(Silas DC/DU @ Apr 5 2013, 03:44 PM) *
If you want to host a 90's spin off I can add that to the list! Even if you don't it's going on there! Any excuse to wheel out the 90's CD's
(We'll see what we can whip up)

A 90s one would be really good. Would it have to be obscure 90s artists though or are the rules normally more relaxed (i.e. able to send someone more well known) for spin-off contests?

+Quote this post
Silas
post Apr 5 2013, 03:17 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Queen of Soon
QUOTE(Lex @ Apr 5 2013, 04:11 PM) *
I'd just like to suggest the possibility of BJFestivalen II sil vous plait.
I can confirm we have plans to resurrect BJFestivalen

QUOTE(Oliver @ Apr 5 2013, 04:13 PM) *
A 90s one would be really good. Would it have to be obscure 90s artists though or are the rules normally more relaxed (i.e. able to send someone more well known) for spin-off contests?
Spin off rules are a lot more relaxed. Tends to be if it's within the theme it's all good.

+Quote this post
Juranamo
post Apr 5 2013, 03:25 PM
Post #7
Group icon
"Everything seems different the second time around."
User: 5,830
Bring back the BJSC Wiki as an official resource and encourage posters to use it? I no longer even update mine because noone else uses it. sad.gif

bjsc.wikia.com for the record...

+Quote this post
Silas
post Apr 5 2013, 03:35 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Queen of Soon
QUOTE(Juranameux @ Apr 5 2013, 04:25 PM) *
Bring back the BJSC Wiki as an official resource and encourage posters to use it? I no longer even update mine because noone else uses it. sad.gif

bjsc.wikia.com for the record...

The fact that it was so heavily underused, and would take a massive amount of time and effort to get up to scratch was the reason we scrapped it in the end. I think there was a lot of ambition to do things with it that never panned out under Tyron.

We'll think about it, but we certainly would have no problems with y'all banding together to build up a brilliant resource.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Apr 5 2013, 09:51 PM
Post #9
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
Yeah, I didn't enter BJFestivalen last time, but would like to this time, if we did one! I'd put that ahead of a spin-off, as that often consists of lots of songs we already know, usually.

I haven't come up with anything RIGHT AWAY, but this is a good idea to have around, as one could pop up at ANY TIME.

+Quote this post
Oricon
post Apr 5 2013, 11:03 PM
Post #10
Group icon
bye dinner
User: 12,972
Perhaps a spin off with semi-cheap songs only used for it? It could provide an interesting view for those who compete in it.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Apr 5 2013, 11:35 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Queen of Soon
I'm not sure I get what you mean Oricon.

+Quote this post
Oricon
post Apr 5 2013, 11:58 PM
Post #12
Group icon
bye dinner
Artists such as Ricki-Lee, Charli XCX, iamamiwhoami, Darin, Icona Pop, Wynter Gordon, etc being allowed for this spin-off and only those who can be classified as "semi-cheap" permitted for this and not too overly cheap up to the point of Rihanna, Carly Rae Jepsen, Taylor Swift, etc.

Another suggestion I would have for a spin-off is songs which have been confirmed to been vetoed by BJSC contests to be gathered together and compete with one another.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Apr 6 2013, 12:19 AM
Post #13
Group icon
Queen of Soon
That's a hard theme just because there's no real clear cut off for borderline tracks. Everyone's views differ so much that, that theme would be a lot of hard work vetting the tracks and then there's the aftermath. We're looking for theme's that the host can vet the entries for, asking the mods for advice if they are unsure, as we're going to be running these along side the regular contests and are looking for them to become self-sufficient.

We've spent a long time getting stability and ensuring we have a good level of participants so we're now looking for ways to improve the contest, how much people enjoy it and how much you guys actually get involved. With the Spin-offs/Reloaded relaunch we want to be able to take a more hands off approach to them just stepping in to offer advice and pick the hosts. We see it as a great way that you can get experience hosting before you're thrown into a main contest and as a way for you to get more involved with how the contest is run. You'd be in charge of your theme so you'd set the rules for that contest in regards to what entries you will and won't allow. You'll then have to ensure that the entries are within those rules. The main contests rules are seriously loosened for spin-offs so aside from discouraging covers that aren't reasonably different it's down to the host and their theme.

The getting involved thing is why this is here. It's all fine and well with us coming up with rule tweaks and new idea's and then getting approval after the fact but this will allow you to have input right at the word go. Transparency ftw.

+Quote this post
Oricon
post Apr 6 2013, 12:55 AM
Post #14
Group icon
bye dinner
Hence why before I was going to post it, I doubted myself whether it'd be a good recommendation at all as I realise it resulted in additional BJSC mod workload, something which spin-offs shouldn't lead to. If a few more ideas pop up, I'll see whether it'll be worth posting next time.

+Quote this post
152chris
post Apr 6 2013, 04:12 AM
Post #15
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105
I like the idea of a VETOED round!

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Apr 6 2013, 04:18 AM
Post #16
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
i have had about 1,000 spin off ideas i'll post when i'm not drunk...

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Apr 6 2013, 09:43 AM
Post #17
Group icon
User: 13,007
QUOTE(Oricon @ Apr 6 2013, 12:58 AM) *
Another suggestion I would have for a spin-off is songs which have been confirmed to been vetoed by BJSC contests to be gathered together and compete with one another.

QUOTE(152chris @ Apr 6 2013, 05:12 AM) *
I like the idea of a VETOED round!

YES PLEASE.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Apr 6 2013, 08:20 PM
Post #18
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
An idea would be possibly when the semi-finals are up that someone could give a guide to how every country who has entered has done in BJSC.

For example:
Country Name:
Debut BJSC Contest:
BJSC's completed in:
Finals:
Best finish:
Performance in last BJSC:

What do you think?

This post has been edited by kenukcsf: Apr 6 2013, 08:20 PM

+Quote this post
Brer
post Apr 6 2013, 08:23 PM
Post #19
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
That's pretty much all in the existing stats thread (albeit not currently up to date).

+Quote this post
Silas
post Apr 6 2013, 08:31 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Queen of Soon
QUOTE(kenukcsf @ Apr 6 2013, 09:20 PM) *
An idea would be possibly when the semi-finals are up that someone could give a guide to how every country who has entered has done in BJSC.

For example:
Country Name:
Debut BJSC Contest:
BJSC's completed in:
Finals:
Best finish:
Performance in last BJSC:
What do you think?
I like it, but it's something that would be within a host's remit. I don't really want to over-regulate the format/content of a contest. I certainly wouldn't stop anyone doing so if they wished to do it though.

QUOTE(Bra @ Apr 6 2013, 09:23 PM) *
That's pretty much all in the existing stats thread (albeit not currently up to date).

It's almost at the top of my to-do list.

+Quote this post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:55 AM