BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Solo Spice Careers - General Discussion, Back then... and now! Music and everything else they do...
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Sideout
post 5th May 2024, 03:38 PM
Post #101
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 113,700

It will be interesting to see if Melanie C does anything for Beautiful Intentions 20th anniversary. Surly releasing it on vinyl for the first time is a no brainer like Jay said. We'll see if she releases any outtakes from her albums during anniversary releases.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 5th May 2024, 05:34 PM
Post #102
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

I hope so! Although if she intends to start a new album era within the next year, I guess she'd prioritise wanting maximum sales for that, over Beautiful Intentions (it being almost 20 years since that album, goshhh!)

+Quote this post
CallMeKylie
post 6th May 2024, 07:37 AM
Post #103
Group icon
New Entry
User: 175,579

QUOTE(-Jay- @ 5th May 2024, 12:53 PM) *
From my understanding, Virgin and EMI releases are all handled by Universal Music Group…

That is a common misconception. Only the Virgin Records catalogue was sold to Universal. The old EMI Records label was sold to Warner Music Group about a decade ago, so Geri's entire catalogue is controlled by Warner UK.

If you look at the copyright data of all her albums on iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, etc. you'll see it says "Parlophone Records Ltd".

This post has been edited by CallMeKylie: 6th May 2024, 08:09 AM

+Quote this post
Blond 2.0
post 6th May 2024, 08:56 PM
Post #104
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,576

Emma made Crickets a much better song so catchy and amazing the original was just boring

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 7th May 2024, 02:01 AM
Post #105
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

QUOTE(CallMeKylie @ 6th May 2024, 08:37 AM) *
That is a common misconception. Only the Virgin Records catalogue was sold to Universal. The old EMI Records label was sold to Warner Music Group about a decade ago, so Geri's entire catalogue is controlled by Warner UK.

If you look at the copyright data of all her albums on iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, etc. you'll see it says "Parlophone Records Ltd".

Thank you for informing me, I had never noticed her music saying Parlophone/Warner! Even Passion/Ride It/Desire despite that involving Virgin. Who knows whether Warner would ever be motivated to try and release them on vinyl. I won’t hold my breath sad.gif

+Quote this post
isanka
post 7th May 2024, 06:56 AM
Post #106
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 88,486

QUOTE(Sideout @ 5th May 2024, 04:38 PM) *
It will be interesting to see if Melanie C does anything for Beautiful Intentions 20th anniversary. Surly releasing it on vinyl for the first time is a no brainer like Jay said. We'll see if she releases any outtakes from her albums during anniversary releases.

Melanie are so lazy with her catalogue. Check on Spotify to see that so many stuff from her own label is missing. Quality of pictures are bads. She doesn't car much at all. Were are all the b-sides from RGR? Where are "Let There Be Loved" ? She need to clean it are rebuild everything.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 7th May 2024, 12:35 PM
Post #107
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

QUOTE(Blond 2.0 @ 6th May 2024, 09:56 PM) *
Emma made Crickets a much better song so catchy and amazing the original was just boring

The original is a gorgeous, stunning song but yes Emma made it more POP and it is quite an original cover actually! Top notch!

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th May 2024, 06:17 PM