BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Terra Avium National Thread, BJSC CLII: :o
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Chez Wombat
post Jun 22 2012, 09:05 PM
Post #21
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

The story of Terra Avium has beem revised in great detail. If you haven't yet, you can read the whole history of Terra Avium and the world of Animalia (minus all the buzzjack stuff tongue.gif ) here happy.gif

On a slightly sadder note, it was a second consecutive DNQ for the birds this contest. In the first semi final, we finished 17th out of 25 entries by an extremely narrow margin of just two points from qualifying, however, no mourning is necessary as the quality of the semi final was just so strong, it still led to the most enjoyable contest yet, which was won by Woodkid's Run Boy Run, sent by Ingermanlandia, this was the first time the combined favourite of the public and the juries of Terra Avium had won, and we are immensely pleased.

Search for a song for the next contest has already been completed and although it is very inaccessible and anti-BJSC, we are still certain of it and hope it can make a good impression.

This post has been edited by C.W: Jun 22 2012, 09:09 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jul 3 2012, 10:01 PM
Post #22
   No Gallery Pics

This month, Terra Avium have gone for something a little bit different to say the least - It is a track from Berlin collective Forss, In Paradisum, one of ten tracks from the album 'Ecclesia' which are a curious mix of hymn recordings with electronica and synth productions and outside noises, I think this is an absolutely fantastic recording, but its a very risky entry for the birds which could go down like a lead balloon or do surprisingly well. What do you think?

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jan 31 2013, 11:15 PM
Post #23
   No Gallery Pics

Well, New Year, new start and all, lets just ignore the record for now...

So we didn't do great for the whole of 2012 pretty much, but we're hoping to come back with a bang this time around. Our first entry of 2013 is a very summery style of track that will hopefully appeal to the Buzzjack world a bit more than my last few entries, this one actually has female vocals ohmy.gif thoughts are welcome as always!

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Mar 11 2013, 11:09 PM
Post #24
   No Gallery Pics

For our next entry, we have decided to stick with female pop again, but this time, a slightly darker feel surrounds this one. Indeed, the artist being called 'Feathers' could not be more appropriate in representing us, the song is called Land of the Innocent:

In a slight twist of BJSC karma, it was revealed earlier today that when sending out confirmations that the nearby land of Seyetana was also looking to confirm Feathers. Whilst residents do offer the natives of Seyetana commiserations, there is a slightly triumphant feel in the land now that we have faster deliverers to the host countr, as the move was made at the tail end of last year to retire all active pigeon messengers, and in their place train swifts to take their place. All have been trained by Terra Avium's fastest resident, Peregré, a dedicated falcon that some have deemed 'unstoppable'.

The move was made after Terra Avium missed out on confirming two songs to BJSC. In the first instance, Kyla La Grange's Walk Through Walls was beaten by the residents of Kylienips in XLVII (ironically the very first contest hosted by Aeroche) and in the second, the pigeons being caught in an unexpected hurricane prevented them from confirming Kissy Sell Out & Saint Saviour's Gimme Sin just two contests ago in BJSC L in Fljotavik.

The decision was unanimous in the panel, the pigeons commented that they have been honoured to serve the country and are thrilled to see the new young swifts excelling at their jobs already. The swifts were honoured today by meeting president Orleé and having a freshly prepared meal of fish.

Peregré has recently been lauded with an OFE (Order of the Flying Empire) for services to sports and encouraging many young chicks to get out there and fly. He has remained as modest as ever in this and has simply said that tomorrow's generation is everything.

In a relation to the song itself, With a good start in the predictions and odds, the country are finally relatively confident that this can be our first proper hit. It would be certainly be good considering it is exactly a year since we first joined BJSC.

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Mar 12 2013, 05:43 AM
Post #25
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9,403

this is going to do STUPIDLY well for you.

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Mar 12 2013, 05:46 AM
Post #26
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
Member No.: 9,403

QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ Mar 11 2013, 11:09 PM) *
The decision was unanimous in the panel, the pigeons commented that they have been honoured to serve the country and are thrilled to see the new young swifts excelling at their jobs already. The swifts were honoured today by meeting president Orleé and having a freshly prepared meal of fish.

PS. i actually aw'd at this!!!

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Mar 12 2013, 02:51 PM
Post #27
   No Gallery Pics

We can but hope...although inside the top 20 would be more than acceptable! (and Happy birthday biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post May 27 2013, 11:43 PM
Post #28
   No Gallery Pics

We are, somewhat, proud to announce that for the first time ever we have got through to the final and finished outside of the bottom 2. Our entry Gimme Sin by Kissy Sell Out with vocals from Saint Saviour finished 21st out of 32 entries with 73 points, making this comfortably Terra Avium's best finish yet.

Whilst it is not a 'hit' of sorts, it is still a great relief to us to get a result that is almost decent. On behalf of the nation, we would like to thank the following countries for voting for us:

Eledan
D'yermak'er
Kluminican Republic
Syndare
Persephonia
Batidas
Seyetana
Skall
Lake Thermwoods
Hendinia
Trifoski
Federal Republic of Ashton
Umiiruka

By ways of showing our thanks, we will be sending all the above countries a reward - an Ostrich egg as signed by our world class athlete, Ostreé, who still holds the record for the 100m sprint. It is officially the largest egg in the animal kingdom, so we hope you will appeciate this unique gift.

Due to their continued vocal and points support from us, we will reward that little bit extra for the nation of Persephonia - along with your gift, we will also be sending you an egg laid by a Bee Hummingbird, the smallest egg in the Animal Kingdom and signed by Bea, officially the world record holder for smallest living resident of Terra Avium.

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: May 27 2013, 11:51 PM

+Quote Post
Brer
post May 28 2013, 12:23 AM
Post #29
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Member No.: 8,300

You're too kind! wub.gif

+Quote Post
Silas
post May 28 2013, 05:18 PM
Post #30
Queen of Soon
Member No.: 3,474

That's most kind! It shall be put on display at the Royal Palace once it arrives and passes through Customs/Quarantine!

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jul 29 2013, 12:11 AM
Post #31
   No Gallery Pics

After sixteen months of constant failures, It is with pleasure that tonight Terra Avium scored their first BJSC hit as Feelsolow by NO CEREMONY/// finished at number 9 with 104 points gained. This is by quite some distance our first proper achievement and there will be a birdhouse party organised by President Orleé tomorrow when he and the Terra Avium jury return from Caerfyrddia.

The winner of the contest and destination next month for the jury will be the relatively new nation of Trifoski, who pulled a shock victory with the track 'So High' by Ghost Loft. As the nation voted for it, we are thoroughly pleased to see it win and wish the nation the best of luck with hosting next month.

We would like to thank all countries that voted for Terra Avium this contest and while egg rewards cannot be sent out this month, you all have president Orleé's backing and a more suitable reward may be with you soon.

+Quote Post
Brer
post Jul 29 2013, 12:14 AM
Post #32
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Member No.: 8,300

Are you ever going to update your first post? ph34r.gif

BTW I think that remix of 'FEELSOLOW' was actually better than the 'proper' version which is why you got kinda shitty points in the end despite how much I loved it on first listen but every little helps. The proper version also grew in the final to hold onto the 2 it got in the semi! I definitely had a feeling it was going to be your first major success, it wouldn't sound out of place as an Aeroche entry. Pleased to see it finally happening 4 u.

This post has been edited by Bré: Jul 29 2013, 12:20 AM

+Quote Post
seven.
post Jul 29 2013, 12:14 AM
Post #33
i can only do one normal thing a day
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 14,428
   No Gallery Pics

SO pleased that NO CEREMONY/// got you a top 10 finish! Definitely stood out as a highlight when first hearing the SF2 entries

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jul 29 2013, 05:29 PM
Post #34
   No Gallery Pics

First post UPDATED. In a much more easier to read/less LABORIOUS format. What on Earth was I thinking when I started writing it in that format

QUOTE(Bré @ Jul 29 2013, 01:14 AM) *
Are you ever going to update your first post? ph34r.gif

BTW I think that remix of 'FEELSOLOW' was actually better than the 'proper' version which is why you got kinda shitty points in the end despite how much I loved it on first listen but every little helps. The proper version also grew in the final to hold onto the 2 it got in the semi! I definitely had a feeling it was going to be your first major success, it wouldn't sound out of place as an Aeroche entry. Pleased to see it finally happening 4 u.

I was initially gonna send that, but I think I preferred the original though as I just love the way the silent piano and chanting builds up into a euphoric climax, and it compliments her vocals much better. The dance version was good too though, just a lot more subtle.

Any number of points achieved is fine by me! I got the sense it could be an Unknown Pleasures/BJSC crossover, of course none of the pop countries would touch it with a bargepole and I had that confirmed in the results, but I'm really glad the more 'indie' voters seemed to universally like it.

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Jul 29 2013, 05:32 PM

+Quote Post
k👠th
post Jul 29 2013, 06:04 PM
Post #35
baddest of them all
Member No.: 6,764

'Feelsolow' is one of the best BJSC entries I've ever heard. I can't get enough of it right now, it just grows and grows. It's immaculate, if it had more time it would have gotten my 12 and not my 10. Although it got my 12 in the semi. Just thought I'd pop in and mention. wink.gif

+Quote Post
p a v
post Jul 29 2013, 06:20 PM
Post #36
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,397

Bloody hell three last places! laugh.gif And one was so close. I sometimes send the craziest shit but haven't finished last in 52 contests oops laugh.gif Unlucky bitch.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jul 29 2013, 06:49 PM
Post #37
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ღKΛTH @ Jul 29 2013, 07:04 PM) *
'Feelsolow' is one of the best BJSC entries I've ever heard. I can't get enough of it right now, it just grows and grows. It's immaculate, if it had more time it would have gotten my 12 and not my 10. Although it got my 12 in the semi. Just thought I'd pop in and mention. wink.gif

And it's very much appreciated, Kath. I didn't know if it would be your thing or not, so I'm glad that it was biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Conderella @ Jul 29 2013, 07:20 PM) *
Bloody hell three last places! laugh.gif And one was so close. I sometimes send the craziest shit but haven't finished last in 52 contests oops laugh.gif Unlucky bitch.

Not my fault you're all DEAD INSIDE sad.gif I think my entries weren't risks per se they were just too 'basic bitch' in that I can't imagine they would garner a particular strong reaction in anyone listening for the first time. I see how they can finish last, I am gutted though as they're all great songs.

Sometimes in a way, I'm quite proud of how terrible my past record, its literally got all the fails in - last on a tie, last overall, second last, and seven straight DNQ's in a row, some of which were close, some not at all biggrin.gif

(on a plus note, I think our top 10 placing now makes our record officially better than our fellow 2012 flopstars, Bellamia, though they haven't had the embarassment of coming last three times!)

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Oct 6 2013, 12:19 AM
Post #38
   No Gallery Pics

The nation has been in a state of rejoice as tonight, it was revealed that the former country known as 'Persephonia' has now been overthrown by ostriches and renamed 'Land of Ostriches'. This means that there are now two countries ruled by birds in the Buzzjack World.

This is particularly pleasing for our residents, as some have been feeling alienated from not only their own kind, but other animals that they previously shared the skies with in Animalia and feeling resented by these 'humans', particularly in the wake of our last result in the court of Syndare last month. President Orleé has said that 'we hope that relationships between us remain strong and together, we can represent birdkind as a force to be reckoned with'

It is of course good news for our Ostrich population. Terra Avium's renowned fastest athlete and sports ambassador, Ostreé, who also holds the rare and desired eggs is said to be 'overjoyed' with this news. No further comment has been given.

-x-

On song contest news, Terra Avium's entry into BJSC LIX was revealed tonight, it is the A.G Cook remix of 'Odyssey, Part 2', which is a vocal remix of this instrumental

you can listen below:

It served as a point of discovery to us that Miami is a place.

The contest is held in Cherry Tree City in our neighboring country of Ramrynia, last months runners up whom are taking over winners Fljotavik's hosting duties. It is the same place where, exactly twelve months ago, Terra Avium failed with WALK THE MOON's Anna Sun. We are hoping that lightning doesn't strike twice for us.

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Oct 6 2013, 12:23 AM

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Nov 3 2013, 10:58 PM
Post #39
   No Gallery Pics

This month, Terra Avium have decided to do something different, and attempt to do some good for the world of Animalia.

It has recently been discovered in the land of Terra Mammalia that a disorder has been affecting the llamas of the land - the symptoms of this often include the llamas getting themselves confused with other animals (ducks have been reported as the main case in this). It was formally seen as a mere sign of getting older, but it has recently been discovered that many llamas are being affected.

To attempt to raise awareness throughout the country of this, Terra Avium's community charity 'Birds In Need' have collaborated with Alpacus Vicugna, who has had this condition since a young age and released a heartfelt tribute to the llamas entitled Did You Ever See a Llama, some of the traits of the condition are included in the song, they intended to raise awareness of the seriousness of the condition. Its world premiere on Friday had families of Terra Avium in tears throughout the treetops, and saw a record start in donations.

To raise awareness in the BJSC world, Terra Avium have sent this to the monthly song contest. All countries are reminded that any points given will be transferred into donations that will go towards the Llama Aid & Support group to try and find a cure for this disorder.

You can listen to Did You Ever See a Llama below.

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Nov 3 2013, 10:59 PM

+Quote Post
seven.
post Nov 3 2013, 11:00 PM
Post #40
i can only do one normal thing a day
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 14,428
   No Gallery Pics

i sense a 'Roo'-like qualification for this

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:41 AM