BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> AF Song Contest POLL: National Final, Spirit vs Echo vs Glassheart
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
The Final: Which track should've been a single?
Which track should've been a single?
Take A Bow [ 10 ] ** [33.33%]
Outta My Head [ 12 ] ** [40.00%]
Glassheart [ 8 ] ** [26.67%]
Total votes: 32

pes
post 31st August 2016, 04:18 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 21,363

QUOTE(Dmdr @ Aug 31 2016, 06:03 PM) *
I am shocked that Outta My Head is winning, out of all of Leona's incredible songs how is that the one people think should be put forward as her biggest missed opportunity. Oh well.

I am shocked too. I thought it would get just a few votes..plus on the underrated songs poll made here it reached 5 while it was a neck to neck between TAB nd Glassheart for the top

This post has been edited by pes: 31st August 2016, 04:20 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Scene
post 31st August 2016, 05:03 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Baby Reindeer
User: 5,567

QUOTE(Dmdr @ Aug 31 2016, 05:03 PM) *
I am shocked that Outta My Head is winning, out of all of Leona's incredible songs how is that the one people think should be put forward as her biggest missed opportunity. Oh well.

It's a tough one: OMH probably stands out the most in the "should've been a single" sense because it stood out the most on Echo which wasn't really on-trend as a whole. I remember DS melting down back in 2010 because it wasn't pushed as a single. rotf.gif Whereas TAB's missed opportunity might get overshadowed by the fact that at least Spirit was a monster seller and 'Bleeding Love' still smashed worldwide. I would've thought 'Glassheart' would win though due the online hype it received when Leona performed it at G-A-Y. But maybe it isn't as adored on Buzzjack.... I don't know. unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 31st August 2016, 10:25 PM
Post #23
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I find 'Glassheart' to be a watered down version if 'Outta My Head'! Very good, but I think it only seems like it'd be a good single because of how much weaker the rest of that album was, unlike OMH. OMH really stands out as a potential single amongst a very good and incredibly strong album, imo. (And I really do think it would have smashed if it was released!)

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 31st August 2016, 10:43 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Glassheart was her missed opportunurt.

The other tqo are sooo cheesy.

+Quote this post
Scene
post 2nd September 2016, 10:27 AM
Post #25
Group icon
Baby Reindeer

Since I won't be online Sunday night, I have changed the deadline to tomorrow at 8pm. Luckily there's a tie at the moment so it doesn't look like I'm fixing this. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Scene: 2nd September 2016, 10:29 AM

+Quote this post
Dmdr
post 2nd September 2016, 02:07 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 21,348

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Aug 31 2016, 11:25 PM) *
I find 'Glassheart' to be a watered down version if 'Outta My Head'! Very good, but I think it only seems like it'd be a good single because of how much weaker the rest of that album was, unlike OMH. OMH really stands out as a potential single amongst a very good and incredibly strong album, imo. (And I really do think it would have smashed if it was released!)

I don't think that is the case at all with Glassheart, as soon as it was performed live people across all the forums I visit were raving about it and were convinced if it was released it would be huge. It got an incredible reaction after its radio premier too, it really was a missed opportunity at least in the UK.

I often think had Spotify had been as big a force as it is today and instagrats were common place as they are now, it would have most likely have become one and been added to the new music playlists etc and I wonder if it would have grew its own legs and forced its way into becoming a single, it was bang on trend.

+Quote this post
Scene
post 2nd September 2016, 05:04 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Baby Reindeer

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Aug 31 2016, 11:25 PM) *

I think the two songs are too different for one to be a watered-down version of the other. OMH is very standard electro-pop and is a lot more instant whereas GH is more distinctive and I think the lyrics are far superior. But then Max Martin and his team always excelled at pop hits with straight-to-the-point lyrics and catchy hooks while Ryan is very lyrics-focused imo.

This post has been edited by Scene: 2nd September 2016, 05:05 PM

+Quote this post
Scene
post 3rd September 2016, 03:30 PM
Post #28
Group icon
Baby Reindeer

Only 3 and a half hours to go until I close this poll!

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 02:48 PM