BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Final RESULTS • Buzzjack's Ultimate TV Show, FINISHED. Who won?: Friends or The Simpsons (p12)
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post 25th October 2015, 10:14 PM
Post #21
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

88. Hollyoaks • 99 points

arrow down.gif 22-25-88

No. of votes: 3, Highest score: 34 (troylovesmusic)

23rd October 1995 - present • UK TV and Soaps

By the time you've read this, another death will have happened in Hollyoaks... In seriousness, this teen/young person focused soap is celebrating its 20th anniversary this very month, with a huge storyline in the reveal of who is the "Glove Hand Killer" - a member of hospital staff who has injected no fewer than 8 victims since January with a fatal dosage of drugs. In this small village, everything is completely far fetched, dramatic and filled with lust and lies, death and destruction but it usually makes for an exciting watch and the regular viewers wouldn't have it any other way! Except a new producer maybe...

(commentary by Liam)

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 26th October 2015, 01:07 AM
Post #22
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Hollyoaks is way too low sad.gif

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 27th October 2015, 09:39 PM
Post #23
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

87= Twenty Twelve / W1A • 103 points

ne.gif xx-xx-87

No. of votes: 5, Highest score: 33 (Suedehead2)

14th March 2011 - present (4 series) • UK TV and Soaps

The first show to reach more three figures in points is something I kind of cheated with by putting two shows together~ In the run up to London hosting the Olympics in 2012, the BBC made a show that took a spoof look at behind the scenes of the organisation. Narrated by David Tennant, the mockumentary followed the fictional Olympic Deliverance Commission, run by Ian Fletcher (as played by Hugh Bonneville), with Olivia Colman playing his assistant. The success of the series (which won many awards), led to a follow up series, W1A, where Ian now worked for the BBC. For me, it was this where the show really took off, with the satire going up a gear. One of the main areas it makes fun of is corporate structures and speech, with the second series (of W1A) particularly focusing on a new job of Director of Better. The biggest highlight for me across both shows however is Siobhan Sharpe, the head of PR company Perfect Curve. Played perfectly by Jessica Hynes, she comes up with wacky ideas that completely go against the aim set out. Both series ended up having some very scary similarities, for Twenty-Twelve, it was the countdown clock breaking down as well as athletes arriving suffering delays. Over the past two years particularly, a lot of events suggested or made fun of by W1A have appeared in real life news as happening to the actual BBC.

It's been hard to write a decent commentary for this because I can't really express why I love it, it's just a VERY smart show where the satire is perfect!

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 27th October 2015, 10:49 PM
Post #24
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

87= Once Upon a Time • 83 points

arrow up.gif 103-112-87

No. of votes: 3, Highest score: 38 (Lindsey)

23rd October 2011 - present (5 seasons) • International TV

Since October 2011, Once Upon A Time has given more than just children an excuse to indulge in some fairy-tales. The show follows the protagonist Emma Swan, a loner who was abandoned at birth and who's job is to find people. One day a boy called Henry turns up at her door claiming to be the son she gave up ten years ago and convinces her to go back to Storybrooke with him, a fictional town in Maine. Henry has a book of fairy-tales, at least that's what everyone else thinks they are. He tells Emma these stories aren't fictional and that all the characters inside them have been sent to Storybrooke from another realm under the Evil Queen's dark curse. Nobody knows who they really are and have no memories of their fairy-tale persona and according to Henry, Emma is the only one that can save them. You have all the classics brought to the real world such as Snow White, Prince Charming, Rumplestiltskin, Malificent, you name them, they will probably be in at least one of OUAT's five seasons, with their current one set in Camelot where you will find characters such as Merida from Brave.

(Commentary by Lindsey)

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 27th October 2015, 10:56 PM
Post #25
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

85. Dancing on Ice • 112 points

ne.gif xx-xx-85

No. of votes: 7, Highest score: 31 (Mattias)

14th January 2006 – 9th March 2014 (9 series) • Reality TV

Following on from the success of the BBC's 'Strictly Come Dancing', ITV decided to have the same show, only this time the dancing would take place...on ICE. Torvill & Dean, Britain's best known ice skating duo were there through all 9 series to give the contestants advice and comments and they regularly performed on each show. The judging panel was made up of many ice skating legends as well as Jason Gardiner filling the villain quota and appearances from Louis Spence, Emma Bunton and Ashley Roberts. Many a soap star took part and many Boleros were performed. Memorable moments included Todd Carty's skate off-stage during one performance and when Pamela Anderson was booked for a LOT of money and therefore a lot of the press focused on her, only for her to leave after just one show. Following news of Torvill and Dean's departure from the series as well as falling ratings, the show officially ended with an all-stars series, bringing back some of the more successful and memorable celebrities from throughout the years.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 27th October 2015, 11:03 PM
Post #26
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

84. Junior Apprentice • 115 points

ne.gif xx-xx-84

No. of votes: 8, Highest score: 26 (Fgiboy2511)

12th May 2010 – 20th December 2012 (3 series) • Reality TV

Following many successful years of The Apprentice, a junior spin-off occurred during 2010 and 2012, focusing on young entrepreneurs aged 16 and 17. Each series was much shorter than that of its original show, coming in at 6 episodes. The idea, which Lord Sugar was very passionate about, was to promote enterprise amongst young people. The format is very similar to the original, just with a slightly friendlier tone from Sugar, Karren and Nick. The Apprentice is one of my favourite shows so I was always very excited to watch this spin-off but the younger contestants didn't appeal to me and the show didn't work as well. How well will The Apprentice face though?

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 1st November 2015, 11:49 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(Poot. @ Oct 27 2015, 09:39 PM) *
87= Twenty Twelve / W1A • 103 points

ne.gif xx-xx-87

No. of votes: 5, Highest score: 33 (Suedehead2)

14th March 2011 - present (4 series) • UK TV and Soaps

The first show to reach more three figures in points is something I kind of cheated with by putting two shows together~ In the run up to London hosting the Olympics in 2012, the BBC made a show that took a spoof look at behind the scenes of the organisation. Narrated by David Tennant, the mockumentary followed the fictional Olympic Deliverance Commission, run by Ian Fletcher (as played by Hugh Bonneville), with Olivia Colman playing his assistant. The success of the series (which won many awards), led to a follow up series, W1A, where Ian now worked for the BBC. For me, it was this where the show really took off, with the satire going up a gear. One of the main areas it makes fun of is corporate structures and speech, with the second series (of W1A) particularly focusing on a new job of Director of Better. The biggest highlight for me across both shows however is Siobhan Sharpe, the head of PR company Perfect Curve. Played perfectly by Jessica Hynes, she comes up with wacky ideas that completely go against the aim set out. Both series ended up having some very scary similarities, for Twenty-Twelve, it was the countdown clock breaking down as well as athletes arriving suffering delays. Over the past two years particularly, a lot of events suggested or made fun of by W1A have appeared in real life news as happening to the actual BBC.

It's been hard to write a decent commentary for this because I can't really express why I love it, it's just a VERY smart show where the satire is perfect!

The first series of Twenty Twelve was good, but, for me, things really took off with the second series. That's when the general theme of an endearingly incompetent team truly made its mark. W1A then stepped that up a gear and introduced the loveable idiot Will.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 3rd November 2015, 09:53 PM
Post #28
Group icon

Dancing On Ice was lots of fun while it lasted, light entertainment for sure. I kinda miss it lol.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 3rd November 2015, 11:21 PM
Post #29
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

83. Criminal Minds • 116 points

ne.gif xx-xx-83

No. of votes: 4, Highest score: 40 (HarryFlynn)

22nd September 2005 - present (11 seasons) • International TV

CSI and NCIS (and their various spin-offs) may be the more famous US crime procedurals but neither managed to make the Top 100 here. Perhaps surprisingly then, fellow CBS show 'Criminal Minds' did, although it is the first show to have at least one maximum point to drop out. As the title suggests, the show focuses more on the criminal rather than the actual crime and it sees FBI profilers trying to catch them based on profiling. The first 3 series starred Mandy Patinkin, aka Saul in Homeland, as the main character until he quit after being deeply disturbed by the content of the show. Three of the series' original main stars have been with the series for all 11 seasons so far however. The show has been impressively consistent in the ratings over the years and fits perfectly in CBS' schedule. It led to one failed spin-off 2011 starring Forest Whitaker and another, titled 'Beyond Borders', will air next year after a backdoor pilot aired back in April.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 10th November 2015, 06:05 PM
Post #30
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

82. Veep • 117 points

arrow down.gif xx-58-82

No. of votes: 4, Highest score: 38 (Johnkm)

22nd April 2012 - present (4 seasons) • International TV

Following the successful, The Thick of It, Armando Iannucci took his political satire stateside, creating an American political comedy for HBO. Veep is based in the office of a fictional Vice-President, Selina Meyer, as played by Julia Louis-Dreyfus. It explores her strained relationship with the President as she feels powerless as the second in command but the show never actually shows the President. The show has been nominated and has indeed won several awards and it is critically acclaimed for it's sharp satire, timing and witty one-liners. Julia herself has managed to win four Emmys for the show as well as receiving three Golden Globe nominations.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 10th November 2015, 06:11 PM
Post #31
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

81. RuPaul's Drag Race • 121 points

ne.gif xx-xx-81

No. of votes: 4, Highest score: 36 (Pavel)

2nd February 2009 - present (8 seasons) • Reality TV

HIIIEEEEE. This sickeningly fabulous display of charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent has gained a massive gay following worldwide, with many of its contestants becoming huge names on the gay scene with their fashion, comedy or music. Each episode is as fabulous as the last, with various challenges to test every aspect of the contestants' drag personas to their limits.

(Commentary by Liam)

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 10th November 2015, 06:12 PM
Post #32
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

81-100

81. RuPaul's Drag Race • 121
82. Veep • 117
83. Criminal Minds • 116
84. Junior Apprentice • 115
85. Dancing On Ice • 112

86. Once Upon a Time • 103
87. Twenty Twelve / W1A • 103
88. Hollyoaks • 99

90.= 2 Broke Girls • 93
90.= The Story of Tracy Beaker • 93
91. Project Runway • 91
92. Hell's Kitchen • 85
93. Strictly Come Dancing • 80

94. 30 Rock • 74
95. The Amazing Race • 71
96. Top Gear • 69
97. Nurse Jackie • 65
98. America's Got Talent • 60
99. The X Factor US • 55
100. Geordie Shore • 32

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 10th November 2015, 11:51 PM
Post #33
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

80. Orphan Black • 124 points

ne.gif xx-xx-80

No. of votes: 4, Highest score: 40 (Lindsey)

30th March 2013 - present (3 seasons) • International TV

March 30th 2013 marks the day the IKONEK sci-fi drama Orphan Black hit screens for the first time. The series since has three seasons to it's name with only more to come. Orphan Black starts off following Sarah Manning, an English con-artist who spends her days drifting from place to place. She finds herself at a train station where she witnesses the death of a woman who looks exactly like her. She takes on her identity and eventually she discovers that it's not only a doppleganger she has but in fact many 'sister' clones , all of which are played by the incredibly talented Tatiana Maslany. She becomes allies with two of them, Cosima and Alison and they tell her someone is killing all the clones off one by one, so they team up along with Sarah's adoptive brother Felix to try and find out who. The plot across the three seasons is very exciting and detailed and there's lots of twists and turns within it that you won't see coming and there are so many strong characters that you can't help but love.

(Commentary by Lindsey)

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 10th November 2015, 11:53 PM
Post #34
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

79. Adventure Time • 125 points

ne.gif xx-xx-79

No. of votes: 5, Highest score: 35 (Johnkm)

5th April 2010 - present (6 seasons) • International TV

Don't let looks deceive you - this is not necessarily a cutesy kids' cartoon! On the surface it is, and if you don't pay attention to the layers of humour you might miss this fact, but the great thing about this show is how clever it is! The really out there jokes are so subtle that the show is still appropriate for young children, but the show transcends generations so that children, teens and adults could watch it and each find different things amusing. It's a very very weird watch but that's the appeal, and such an easy watch too with just 10 minutes to each episode.

(Commentary by Liam)

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 10th November 2015, 11:54 PM
Post #35
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

78. The Chase • 137 points

arrow down.gif xx-73-78

No. of votes: 8, Highest score: 34 (Spinning Adam)

29th June 2009 - present • UK TV and Soaps

The Chase is a TV game show that premiθred in 2009 which is about contestants trying to defeat the 'chaser' by answering a series of questions. This is definitely my favourite of the afternoon programmes and it is always a fun watch with excellent questions! The show is hosted by the always funny Bradley Walsh and there has been many fantastic moments, especially surrounding some of the more rude questions which has had everyone in hysterics on the show! (can't think of any right now laugh.gif ). It's great to see The Chase make the top 80 as it really is a bunch of fun!

(Commentary by Ultraviolence1989)

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 14th November 2015, 10:41 AM
Post #36
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

QUOTE(Froot. @ Nov 10 2015, 06:12 PM) *
81-100

81. RuPaul's Drag Race • 121
82. Veep • 117
83. Criminal Minds • 116
84. Junior Apprentice • 115
85. Dancing On Ice • 112

86. Once Upon a Time • 103
87. Twenty Twelve / W1A • 103
88. Hollyoaks • 99

90.= 2 Broke Girls • 93
90.= The Story of Tracy Beaker • 93
91. Project Runway • 91
92. Hell's iamspamspamami• 85
93. Strictly Come Dancing • 80

94. 30 Rock • 74
95. The Amazing Race • 71
96. Top Gear • 69
97. Nurse Jackie • 65
98. America's Got Talent • 60
99. The X Factor US • 55
100. Geordie Shore • 32

Why we gotta have the US ones so low though sad.gif
Surprised Strictly is low here also. I thought people leave plug DJ and the like to watch it? laugh.gif still I'm glad it's low, it's just people dancing and it's not really my thing.
Could also have done with Top Gear finishing a fair bit higher tbh. It was disappointing in a way to see I was the highest scorer.
Hell's "Iamspamspamami" heehee.gif that autocorrect joke will never get old; used to enjoy watching it and see Gorgon lose it laugh.gif
The Story of Tracy Beaker being only 90 is probably the biggest shock yet. What a great series it was! wub.gif
Good to see Dancing on Ice higher than Strictly but still finishing low. Because I guess it's more interesting to see it on ice than in general!
As for Adventure Time, I have no care for it other than its feature in Avicii's Hey Brother remix kink.gif

Saving the worst crime against TV until last, because The Chase missing out on a top 75 position, let alone a top 40 is a big nono! nono.gif at least I did my bit and gave it a higher score than anyone else biggrin.gif (By the way, the best moment by far was the Fanny Chmelar question. Seeing everyone lose it was the highlight of the show for me rotf.gif )
QUOTE(All Hallows Peen @ Oct 24 2015, 09:38 PM) *
Also LOL at Top Gear, which is all about sex jokes etc, gets 69 points.

unsure.gif laugh.gif

Doctor Who might not come first but I am really hoping it can!

This post has been edited by Shivering Adam❄️: 14th November 2015, 10:43 AM

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 15th November 2015, 12:58 AM
Post #37
Group icon

The Chase is easily my favourite quiz show, I love the concept and it seems quite lighthearted too (and it's not annoying like Pointless can be imo).

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 15th November 2015, 04:17 PM
Post #38
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

77. The Bridge/Bron/Broen • 144 points

arrow left.gif xx-77-77

No. of votes: 4, Highest score: 40 (Alpha)

21st September 2011 - present (3 seasons) • International TV

Going beyond the US with our international TV is The Bridge or Bron or Breon, whatever you wish to call it. It is jointly produced by Danish and Swedish broadcasters and is often used, as long with The Killing, to show the high quality of Scandinavian drama and was indeed broadcast in the same way as The Killing was here. The show sees both Swedish and Danish police detectives join forces to investigate a different case each season. Two seasons have so far aired in full, with the third currently showing. It spawned a British/French adaptation, titled 'The Tunnel' which aired two years ago. It has managed to remarkably stay stable since the last countdown!

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 15th November 2015, 04:17 PM
Post #39
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

76. Being Human • 148 points

arrow down.gif 58-48-76

No. of votes: 6, Highest score: 37 (Suedehead2)

18th February 2008 - 10th March 2013 • UK TV and Soaps

A show documenting the life of a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost living together sounds more like the start of a joke than a hard hitting sci-fi drama show, but Being Human, created by Toby Whithouse, was well suited to its post-watershed slot and made for compelling viewing throughout its five series. Originally starring Aidan Turner, Russell Tovey, Lenora Crichlow and Sinead Keenan, the show followed the protagonists as they tried to live human lives despite being supernatural beings. As the show went on, the focus shifted slightly as each cast member ended up leaving and we were left with the TV show equivalent of the Sugababes - an entirely new cast, starring Damien Molony, Michael Socha and Kate Bracken, throughout the fourth and fifth series, before the show ultimately ended (with an annoyingly ambiguous ending). I can't recommend this show enough, having watched it back recently. It can provoke all kinds of emotions and the characters feel very much real, helped by some top notch acting and writing. And to think, this was a BBC3 show...

(Commentary by JosephStyles)

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 16th November 2015, 07:45 PM
Post #40
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

75. Mock the Week • 154 points

ne.gif xx-xx-75

No. of votes: 7, Highest score: 36 (Suedehead2)

5th June 2005 - present • UK TV and Soaps

Mock the Week is a bit different to your usual panel show as not only does it contain a humorous look at the week, it also features improvisational stand up! One particular favourite round is 'Scenes We'd Like to See' where the regulars and the guests provide great one liners and inappropriate comments to random questions such as "Things the Queen didn't say in her Christmas speech" or "Unlikely lines from the final Harry Potter book". The show has attracted a lot of controversy though, especially when OFCOM favourite Frankie Boyle was a panellist and his comments surrounding the Queen and Rebecca Adlington. It has also been criticised by the lack of female comic representation although recent BBC quotas have meant that there must be at least one female comedian on each episode of a panel show. The show has made stars out of many comedians that have appeared on the show mainly being the regular panellists, Russell Howard & Frankie Boyle and many comedians have been helped to break through into other TV shows because of the show.

+Quote this post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 3rd May 2024, 10:31 AM