BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BJCDSWAP5, now open---
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
randomfurlong
post 11th August 2014, 10:12 PM
Post #1
Group icon
musing
User: 13,969

You know the drill. The Buzzjack CD Swap doesn't involve physical CDs, but the principle remains: users create a playlist of songs they'd like to bring to the attention of others, and these are then shared anonymously amongst the CD Swap participants. You then listen, enjoy, and post a review of the playlist you received online - upon which the creator of the playlist will reveal themselves and the songs of their playlist. Much musical jubilation is had and RabbitFurCoat hopes desperately that his playlist gets even one word said about it.

// the rules

1. Create a playlist of songs no shorter than 40 minutes and no longer than 80 minutes.

2. There are no boundaries or restrictions in terms of genre, artist, or theme; I only ask that you remain dedicated to the idea of discovery and revelation, and try to avoid sending huge chart hits, because chances are whoever receives your CD will have heard them already.

3. You must remove all artist/album/song information (and any other iTunes tags and artwork - wipe it clean!) that would allow the recipient to identify the song. You are welcome and encouraged to replace them with your own titles, or simply leave it untitled or called 'Track 1', but no trace of the original song should remain. The best way to do this is to make duplicates of your song files and edit these in iTunes - there is a post here with the great Mariah Scary's advice should you need it. If you want to add artwork, feel free - although if you're famously good / awful at this, it may make it obvious whose CD it is, so tread carefully.

4. Make a .zip/.rar file of your playlist (again, called whatever you like, but with no clues to your identity) and upload it to the file hosting site of your choice - Dropbox and Zippyshare are your best options these days. You may want to avoid sendspace unless you want Pavel to hit Caps Lock again. Do not post the link to this on the forum (as we'll have the internet police on our back) - please PM this link to me, randomfurlong.

5. This PM will act as your sign up - these is no restriction on number of participants as playlists will simply be distributed between those who submit a playlist.

6. Once the deadline is up, I will randomly send each participant a link to another playlist. You will not know whose playlist you have received, unless you're operating at a higher brain capacity than everyone else.

7. You will then have one month to listen to the playlist you have received and review it on a new thread that will be created once the submission deadline arrives. The only rules for this review are that every song must receive at least one word and a score on whatever scale you choose. Obviously it's more satisfactory for the creator to receive a more detailed and engaging review but the point is to get everyone's creation reviewed. Which doesn't even happen with these scant requirements but let's give it a shot eh? I will not instate a ban on Bre but he can feel free to do this himself and not participate until he posts a review from last time.

8. When a review of your playlist is posted, reveal yourself and the songs! Once a playlist has been revealed, you are welcome to share the mix around privately or ask me for the link.

Submissions are open now and close on 29 August. Reviews will then be due by 30 September.

Happy playlisting!

This post has been edited by randomfurlong: 28th August 2014, 09:58 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
ϑЃεβϘ
post 11th August 2014, 10:16 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I Was Born Free
User: 1,751

Cool I'll have time to get this in once I get back

+Quote this post
randomfurlong
post 12th August 2014, 10:00 PM
Post #3
Group icon
musing
User: 13,969

NOT EXACTLY the reaction I was hoping for ppl

+Quote this post
Oliver
post 12th August 2014, 10:11 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
User: 15,367

Will have a look at getting a few gems together. happy.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 13th August 2014, 05:59 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

etc.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 13th August 2014, 06:03 PM
Post #6
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

I was actually thinking the other day 'when are you going to open this thing'. Totally didn't see the thread was already open. Lol.

I will participate if I get the review from last year done before the deadline (and get a CD done before the deadline as well which is probably more unlikely tbh but I'll see what I can do)

My plan to do the Dandy* review the other day fell apart as I decided to vote in BJSC instead. I shall do it tonight ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post 13th August 2014, 06:04 PM
Post #7
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

I think it's only fair for me to sit this one out as a punishment for not doing my review last time sad.gif

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 13th August 2014, 06:06 PM
Post #8
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

i don't know what's gonna happen if chris / ben / harve get my disc cos they'll just know all of the songs. that's b4 i even start!

+Quote this post
Cal
post 13th August 2014, 06:06 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 5,964

Made some great discoveries the last few times so count me in!

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 13th August 2014, 06:09 PM
Post #10
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

I will work on this and likely submit it when I get back from V Festival next week, I'm sure I can find SOME songs that aren't just my endless BJSC/UP potentials/former entries.

+Quote this post
danG
post 13th August 2014, 06:22 PM
Post #11
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ Aug 13 2014, 07:09 PM) *
I will work on this and likely submit it when I get back from V Festival next week, I'm sure I can find SOME songs that aren't just my endless BJSC/UP potentials/former entries.

you're at V Festival too? ohmy.gif what day/venue? I'm at Hylands Park this Sunday

+Quote this post
Math!
post 13th August 2014, 06:52 PM
Post #12
Group icon
(✿◠‿◠)
Pronouns: new york
User: 19,852

It's here! Good thing I'm currently working on a mix thing, once I finish up this one I'll start working on these.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 13th August 2014, 07:26 PM
Post #13
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

QUOTE(Therm• @ Aug 13 2014, 07:22 PM) *
you're at V Festival too? ohmy.gif what day/venue? I'm at Hylands Park this Sunday

I'm there the whole weekend at Hylands Park too! I'm not a guest though, I'm a traffic marshall doing night shifts, it's pretty tedious, but it's money. If you see someone in the car park looking like they don't want to be there, it's probably me biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
danG
post 13th August 2014, 08:07 PM
Post #14
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

ha. We may bump into each other then without knowing then (I'm not going to be asking people if they happen to be on Buzzjack laugh.gif) have fun tongue.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 16th August 2014, 02:05 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

QUOTE({ bré } @ Aug 13 2014, 07:03 PM) *
My plan to do the Dandy* review the other day fell apart as I decided to vote in BJSC instead. I shall do it tonight ohmy.gif

lol - Did you get as far as opening the files? Honestly, don't worry about it... it's not worth it (aside from the amusement factor now) biggrin.gif

Really struggling with what to go for this time around, I feel like you guys are all over music before I am these days so it's difficult to find things that I think people may not have heard before. But still, the potentials playlist is now officially open on itunes.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 16th August 2014, 02:12 PM
Post #16
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

I may do this if I can find enough songs that I think people won't have heard. The last couple I've done were quite obviously me so I may want to try and avoid that. Depends who it goes to though, I'll likely end up putting songs I've shared with like one person in and then it'll end up in their inbox.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 16th August 2014, 02:15 PM
Post #17
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

QUOTE(مدهش* @ Aug 16 2014, 03:05 PM) *
lol - Did you get as far as opening the files? Honestly, don't worry about it... it's not worth it (aside from the amusement factor now) biggrin.gif

I was being ironic obvz.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post 16th August 2014, 02:44 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455

I fully intend to take part in this year's CDSWAP. I will probably go towards more 'obvious' songs this time around ie songs that people should know, even if they weren'tt really big hits.

Or not. I haven't fully decided yet.

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post 16th August 2014, 03:00 PM
Post #19
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596

I've started trying to put a playlist together, completely missed the last two of these so got a few great discoveries up my sleeve.

+Quote this post
Harve
post 17th August 2014, 11:12 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718

I'm putting together a playlist! I can't remember how exactly it worked last time, but I knew I was sending mine to Leww so with the help of last.fm I could send him tracks he most likely didn't know. Are we doing this this time or is it blind?? If the latter, sorry Grebo if you get tons of electronic music/sorry Thermo if you get guitars.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 04:34 AM