BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Farage's proposed Reform Party, and Farage in general if we must...
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
vidcapper
post Dec 14 2019, 03:49 PM
Post #1
Paul Hyett
Group: Banned
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50704706

It will campaign for changes to the voting system and the abolition of the House of Lords, he told Sky News

I suspect that will cause problems for many here, as they *want* voting reform (dunno about HoL abolition) but don't like the potential messenger. unsure.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Dec 14 2019, 03:54 PM
Post #2
Howdy, disco citizens
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

Few people here (myself included) would disagree with changing to a more PR form of elections, as well as reforming the House of Lords, although as you mention, a lot of people would object to getting behind Farage to do so. Having said that, he has form taking somewhat niche ideas into the mainstream and turning them into government policy through parties worried about haemorrhaging votes to them (c.f Brexit), so could end up doing the same with this if he's lucky.

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Dec 14 2019, 05:00 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

Another Farage party! Why doesn't he retire and put his feet up?

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Dec 14 2019, 05:24 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Crazy Chris-tmas @ Dec 14 2019, 05:00 PM) *
Another Farage party! Why doesn't he retire and put his feet up?

Because he's afraid that he will drop dead if he's off television for more than a few hours.

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Dec 14 2019, 05:32 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Dec 14 2019, 05:24 PM) *
Because he's afraid that he will drop dead if he's off television for more than a few hours.

LOL. Think he thrives on it.

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Dec 14 2019, 05:49 PM
Post #6
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Urgh. He knows we on the left will have to get behind him on this. He'll be living for it.

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Dec 14 2019, 05:50 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(December Dong @ Dec 14 2019, 05:49 PM) *
Urgh. He knows we on the left will have to get behind him on this. He'll be living for it.

Well he'll be unemployed soon. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Dec 14 2019, 06:44 PM
Post #8
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

I disagree with the abolition of the House of Lords, it certainly needs to be reformed in all areas but it provides a good check on the legislation being pushed through.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Dec 14 2019, 07:40 PM
Post #9
Howdy, disco citizens
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Santa Klaus @ Dec 14 2019, 07:44 PM) *
I disagree with the abolition of the House of Lords, it certainly needs to be reformed in all areas but it provides a good check on the legislation being pushed through.

I want it reformed, where the Lords are chosen yearly by random ballot to serve a 10 year term. Still functioning as a scrutinising 2nd chamber, but more representative on the UK public.

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Dec 14 2019, 07:46 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Santa Klaus @ Dec 14 2019, 06:44 PM) *

Agreed. Reformed but not abolished. Pay docked too for Lords sleeping through proceedings.

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Dec 15 2019, 05:46 AM
Post #11
Paul Hyett
Group: Banned
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(December Dong @ Dec 14 2019, 05:49 PM) *

It'll be hell for them, and for the LD's, if they're still serious about electoral reform. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Dec 15 2019, 09:14 PM
Post #12
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Must be bored so he must!

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Jan 9 2020, 04:14 PM
Post #13
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
Group: Memberrs
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

Some good ideas but I can't see this taking off much.

Still think there is a place for the House of Lords but it must be reformed.

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jan 10 2020, 11:12 AM
Post #14
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

He can stick it up his hole

+Quote Post
Smint
post Jul 27 2023, 10:40 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 124,514
   No Gallery Pics

As loathe as I am to discuss this absolutely repellent man who has helped destroy this country economically and turn it into a mean-spirited reactionary hell hole (although prob if not him it would have been others) and there maybe some semblance of justification to his claims if the Chief Executive of a bank was breaking confidentiality, but this really effing grates that with all the horrors in the world - Climate Emergency, Cost of Living Crisis, NHS on its knees, No housing for the young etc etc.

So the Prime Minister, Home Secretary, BBC (our supposed impartial broadcaster) have been going on about this story as if it was the most important thing in the world (along with majority of all the foreign owned UK "newspapers" and of course GB News) and they got multiple resignations tout de suite. It really shows that the hard right need to flex its muscles and what they want they get - double quick. Really worrying precedent for the future and increases the power of this dangerous Trumpite exponentially. I'm sure if he stood as a candidate in the General Election he wouldn't get in anywhere for example.

Rant over - for now.

This post has been edited by Smint: Jul 27 2023, 10:48 PM

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Jul 27 2023, 10:50 PM
Post #16
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

BBTory is to blame for Brexshit, as they GREATLY overexposed this vile toad, ans promoted him at every turn. He has more QT appearances than anyone else in HISTORY. He was on the news ALK RHE TIME. Eeevery last stunt was endlessly pored over.

+Quote Post
Smint
post Jul 27 2023, 11:13 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

And of course there's this element it too - GB News boss taking money from the UK taxpayers (NatWest is 40% owned by the Government and has lost £770 million). Kerching!

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jul 27 2023, 11:18 PM
Post #18
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I fricking hate this story so fricking much. I do not give two shits that this arsehole can't open his precious bank account cos he's only wealthy rather than ridiculously wealthy, and while it does seem that yes, the CEO and the BBC definitely made a mistake spreading confidential information, because of his whining and need for attention after failing as a politician, this utter non story has been dragged out so so much longer than it should've been and yet another convenient distraction for the Tories and the right wing media to take the focus away from their failings and the fact we've just experienced the hottest month on record ever for yet another year. Some people have no money to even to open a bank account and yet actual parliament time and rolling coverage is spent discussing this shit and expecting us to care about this poor little rich person being discriminated against manson.gif

It makes me livid, I don't know if it's just the Titanic story and the government clearly trying to take focus away from them so much being fresh in my mind, but it's become more transparent than ever of the sheer inequality we are living under when throughout some of the worst crises we are living through, rich people's woes are the only thing worth reporting on.

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jul 28 2023, 06:22 AM
Post #19
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Throwing my hand in as totally baffled by the bank story too.

Firstly it seems like a private matter, and secondly, perhaps some kind of revenge trap? Like the story of why was the bank account closed was literally headline news and everyone was clamouring for an answer, then a soon as they gave one it was "ooooooh, can't be saying that! You broke confidentiality you naughty bank!"

+Quote Post
Smint
post Jul 28 2023, 10:08 AM
Post #20
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

It's basically a huge power and money grab by the bullying hard-right establishment who ignore the logs in their own eyes (blatant corruption, vested interest, Russian interference, tax avoidance) but focus on a speck in another's eyes. Thought people were wising up to this crap after Brexit but nope this shit still flies in 2023.

This post has been edited by Smint: Jul 28 2023, 10:08 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:15 PM