BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> best music and vid combo?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
jakewild
post 18th August 2019, 05:16 PM
Post #1
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790

our girl got some stonker songs and and even stonkier vids but which would you say works best as a 'perfect' combo..? and are there any that you feel the video let the song down a bit or vice versa..?

my two standout songs are NTLTC and OLT. for me NTLTC is just the perfect combo. the video just gives me more than i ever thought i needed from what i got from the song initially and it always sounds better when paired with the music video. whereas OLT is such a now personal song for me yet the video doesn't stand out for me at all. i guess that's expected when the meaning of it has changed so much for so many people now but it's never a song i ever search out the music video for, i'd rather just listen..

other off the top of my head examples personally are..

'santa tell me' deserved a WAYYYYY better video. what is this sorta 'we had a spare nikon and a 30 minute window to film' mess that i see??
'into you' is almost up there with my aforementioned 2 favs but just missed the mark. so good the pair together tho.
'focus' vid way better than the song. visually great, musically not so much.
'everyday' deserved a much better video also
can we just delete 'bang bang' vid and song off the face of the earth?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post 18th August 2019, 05:28 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Yeah I think 'no tears left to cry' is my favourite Ari video as well wub.gif visuals as epic as the song deserved. I actually think the music videos for the entire 'sweetener' era were as perfect as the singles picked. The 'God is a woman' video is another visual stunner with a lot going on, then 'breathin' wasn't as much of a blockbuster as the other two, but was really effective to me in channeling the meaning of the song. I could feel what she was singing about.

Basically flush to almost all of the 'My Everything' videos laugh.gif 'Problem' and 'One Last Time' were so nothingy (although the latter is a bit eerie after what happened) and 'Break Free' was pretty cringe. I do think the 'Love Me Harder' video compliments the song quite well though. Albeit nothing special.

'Everyday' is probably her worst video for me. I'm not a huge fan of PDA and that video turns the dial up high in such an uncomfortable way laugh.gif also from that era, I feel like 'Into You' deserved a way better video. It doesn't feel high octane enough and drags the quality of the song down a bit as a result. However, 'Side To Side' was her first 'wow' visual moment for me I think. An example of the video being better than the song for me. I also agree with you on 'Focus', really cool visuals (I even have a poster from that shoot on my door!) but it's my least favourite Ari song oops.

Her peak visually was with 'sweetener' but 'thank, u next' and '7 rings' were a 1-2 punch following on from then. So she's come a long way in general.

+Quote this post
jakewild
post 18th August 2019, 05:52 PM
Post #3
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790

^ ia with side to side being the first 'wow' moment for me too. never really took much notice of her til then really and i remember it being a bit of a surprise hit? in the sense that the lead/leads didn't do as well then POW

+Quote this post
Jade
post 18th August 2019, 05:55 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Yeah the progress of that era was quite something!

The UK peaks:

'Dangerous Woman': #17
'Into You': #14
'Side To Side': #4

btw there will definitely be a music video rate at some point in the future *.*

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 04:12 AM