BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, GOTY
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post 7th January 2018, 03:05 PM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

Hailed basically EVERYWHERE as the game of 2017 (and for a fair few, the best game ever made, period) is anyone else playing?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 7th January 2018, 03:06 PM
Post #2
Group icon

I have made a good start and honestly it is blowing me away excuse the pun. Beyond the gorgeous scenery, the beautiful soundtrack and the luscious visuals the game is SO expansive. You can literally go anywhere, do anything and explore to your heart's content. From what i've seen of the story itself, it perfectly captures the magic of the series with so much nostalgia and moves it forward. I have no idea where the story is going but I can't wait to see it develop. A real gem of a game and a must have.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 7th January 2018, 03:47 PM
Post #3
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

When it came down to me deciding which Switch games to purchase first, I ultimately decided to go with Mario Odyssey over this one (in an ideal world I'd have gone with both, but I didn't want to go to wild with expenditure laugh.gif ). Whenever I've finished that, I'll buy Breath of the Wild! I'm glad htat you're enjoying the game, Bal! *.*

A few months ago I had a little go at BotW on my friend's console (but mainly I just watched him playing it) and it really is a beautiful looking & expansive game, which requires a lot of thought / tactics.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 29th April 2023, 04:28 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

I’ve had this game on my console for the last 5 years, and only just last night caught my first fish, got the Warm Doublet, did the last 2 Shrines in The Great Plateau and got my Paraglider.

Hopefully this time the game sticks with me, I’ve picked it up and put it down so many times now.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 29th April 2023, 04:29 PM

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 1st May 2023, 02:03 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

Okay yes. This may have finally clicked for me.
I did visit the Dueling Peaks Tower, Lake Tower and Wastelands Tower opening up the map for me for Dueling Peaks, Lake and Wasteland. I did try and unlock the Central Hyrule Tower, but wasn't able to bypass the Monsters to complete, so will go back to that.

I collected Majora's Mask which makes the game much easier for me. I've also found about 20 Korok's (a few on my own as well!).
Yesterday I basically explored Outpost Ruins, Scout Hill and made it to Kakariko Village. I did stop off at Hestu and added additional inventory for weapons and bows.
Next for me is to get the Climber's Bandana, finding the Fairy and completing a few more Shrines for additional Health and Stamina.

After this, either going to explore some more of Lake or Wasteland.
So yes, after 5 years - this may be something I can finally tackle! A big accomplishment for me, I'm not much of a gamer... the only games I've completed would be Pokemon. The only games outside of this that I've really spent any time with is the likes of Mario Kart and Mario Party - so something like this finally capturing my attention is great.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 1st May 2023, 03:00 PM
Post #6
Group icon

^ just in time for Tears of the Kingdom!

This remains my #1 game on the Switch wub.gif glad you've found a love for it too!

+Quote this post
JSG
post 7th May 2023, 07:30 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473

I'm so hyped for Tears of The Kingdom next week! Breath of The Wild is one of a handful of games that I've ever completed and probably my favourite game of all time though.

+Quote this post
Juranamo
post 7th May 2023, 07:42 PM
Post #8
Group icon
"Everything seems different the second time around."
User: 5,830

Just started replaying this (SO HYPED FOR TOTK).

Only ever got through two of the divine beasts... I'm just a sucker for exploration and side quests 🤣🤣🤣

Let's see how the next week goes!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 10:23 AM