BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Lithuania · Eurovision Song Contest 2016, Donny Montell - I've Been Waiting For This Night
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post 25th November 2015, 11:29 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

Lithuania
Donny Montell - I've Been Waiting For This Night

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 25th November 2015, 11:30 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

LRT, the Lithuanian national broadcaster, has confirmed their artist and song for the Eurovision Song Contest will once again be selected via Eurovizijos.

Eurovizijos has been the Lithuanian selection process for the last two years, and prospective representatives for 2016 will have until December 1 to submit their songs to the broadcaster. As in previous years, the selection of the song will be separate to the selection of the singer.

There will be a total of nine shows. The winner of each of the two selections (song and artist) will be revealed in the eighth show, which will be decided by a combination of an audience and jury vote. As per tradition there will be a winner’s concert the week after the final.

Dates of the shows and more details on how many artists/songs will be competing in the completion will be revealed in December when the finalists are announce. LRT had previously confirmed to ESCToday that they will be at the Eurovision Song Contest in Stockholm back in July.

Earlier this year, Monika Linkyte and Vaidas Baumila represented Lithuania. The pair teamed up in the final of Eurovizijos with the song This time and reached the final of the Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna where they finished 18th.

ESC Today

This Time was probably Lithuania's best entry ever, not that it had the highest level of competition. I'm still unconvinced by this marathon selection process, especially when they seemed to change the rules last minute to let Vaidas & Monika team up in a duet against poor Mia who had to try and outdo two fanbases in the final.

I'm pretty sure Mia said she'd never return after the 2015 chaos, but we'll see if she turns up on the list next month!

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 4th December 2015, 01:24 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Can't post a link now but Donny Montell's Swedish-composed entry for this is amazing and would be by far Lithuania's best ever entry!

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 4th December 2015, 02:50 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

Good song, I agree it would be the best entry from them (but not as good as the mess that was 'You Got Style')

And someone grew up.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 7th December 2015, 10:41 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Considering Love Is Blind was in my bottom 3 of 2012 overall, this is such a turnaround for Donny! However I'm unconvinced it'll manage to get through Lithuania's marathon of a process untouched even though it's very likely to be the strongest package Lithuania have in their selection.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 21st December 2015, 05:55 PM
Post #6
Group icon

The 28 competing artist have been announced and Donny Montell is included!

4 Roses
Alice Way
Baiba Skurstene-Serdiuke
Berta Timinskaite
Deividas Zygas
Gabriele Grigolaityte-Vasha
E.G.O.
HIT
Ieva Zasimauskaite
Milda Martinkenaite
Neringa Siaudikyte
Saulene Chlevickaite
Donatas Montvydas
Istvan Kvik
Lawreigna
Ruslanas Kirilkinas
Vlad Kalugin
Behind the Moon
Catrinah
Egle Jakstyte
Elena Jurgaityte
Erica Jennings
Jurgis Bruzga
Petunija
Ruta Sciogolevaite
Ugne Smile
Valdas Lacko
Aiste Pilvelyte

Following complaints from last year’s contestants, the 2016 selection has undergone a number of changes. Most notably, entrants will be split into two streams – artists without their own songs and artists with their own competing entries. A total of nine episodes are confirmed for Eurovizijos atranka 2016. A voting combination of 50% televoting with 50% jury votes will be used throughout the competition. Jury votes will be used in the event of a tie.

The first episode is scheduled for 9 January 2016.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 21st December 2015, 09:06 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

ESC Kaz have attempted to explain the selection in full but I still don't really understand it, but I'll be thrilled if Donny can somehow get through it all with his song!

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 10th January 2016, 01:26 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Donny won heat 1 ahead of fellow favourite Irish-born Erica Jennings (who also represented Lithuania at Eurovision, as part of SKAMP in 2001). Those two have by far the most hype of the songs that have been published online so far, and both are fantastic. Definitely supporting Donny though!

Here's Erica's studio version as the live performance isn't available yet, I feel like it'd be up Rich's street possibly - I love it too!

(Either would be by far Lithuania's best ever entry!)

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 10th January 2016, 01:28 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Just realised Adam mentioned SKAMP's song further up, didn't realise! heehee.gif I relistened to it for the first time since Super Eurovision yesterday and was better than I thought it was considered where I ranked it for Super Eurovision.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 16th January 2016, 09:15 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Ruta smashed Donny's winning televote numbers from the first heat with her song that is very much 'A Million Voices' part 2 but not as good.

To be fair it'd be very good by Lithuania's normal standards, but when they have Donny it'd be a big mistake to send Ruta. Judging by her televotes tonight (over 2,000 - remarkable by Lithuanian standards, Donny got 1.4k last week which was pretty much a record for the early stages), Donny may need to rely on the jury to get him to the win.

+Quote this post
LexC
post 16th January 2016, 09:25 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342

I didn't know Claire from Steps had liposuction and moved to Lithuania!

In all seriousness that 'United' song is so trite and by the numbers even I can't find something to like about it. Fully expecting that to win now.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 16th January 2016, 09:29 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

If they want a female ballad, Erica is definitely who they should be going with. Offers something different than Ruta's by-the-numbers ballad!

By the time the final comes round, I think Vaidas & Monika won with 12k votes against Mia's 10k votes last year so I'm assuming that the final must get higher viewing figures and/or lots of casual one-off voters and therefore there is the chance that Ruta's apparent big fanbase (according to some forum commenters) will be wiped out by the casual voters/viewers voting for Donny. He's already done promo on The Voice of Lithuania (where I believe he is a coach) since his performance in Heat 1:

So good!

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 2nd February 2016, 04:11 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

So Donny won the latest show, beating the other major favourite Ruta but only thanks to the international jury - Ruta still won the televote, although her votes decreased compared to her first show whereas Donny increased his votes. There were around 300 between them, although Donny did have the better running order slot.

Hopefully this is a sign of Donny gaining enough momentum, and perhaps the extension to this process (it is now continuing until mid-March!) will give him time to catch up the televoting deficit to Ruta. I do like United and it would be a good entry by Lithuania's standards, but Donny is a massive top 10 contender in May as I've said many times and Lithuania would be mad to turn him away.

+Quote this post
Coral5
post 16th February 2016, 09:29 AM
Post #14
Group icon
PTTP
User: 16,865

Lithuania had amazing pre-selection in this year. heart.gif

My top 3 :

3rd place : Evelina Jocyte - When It Sings

2nd place : Saulene Chlevickaite - Strong

Very predictable winner :

1st place : Baiba - Mayday

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 16th February 2016, 11:43 AM
Post #15
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Jan 10 2016, 01:26 AM) *
Here's Erica's studio version as the live performance isn't available yet, I feel like it'd be up Rich's street possibly - I love it too!

(Either would be by far Lithuania's best ever entry!)

Only just seen this - it is indeed lovely! I loved Skamp too.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 6th March 2016, 05:42 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

We finally have our finalists, but somehow we still have no idea who is going to win! Donny started strong back in January, but after a couple of weeks the hype was firmly with Ruta as she won several televotes in a row - the international jury just helping Donny to win the odd show on countback.

However, last weekend the two sides of the draw finally came together which included Aiste who was winning the other side of the draw easily. Donny ending up winning last week, with Ruta falling even falling into the clutches of Erica - although Aiste was 2nd thanks to a strong jury vote.

Then this week, Ruta had the final slot so you'd assume she'd retake the lead after a poor slot last week - however she was only 3rd with both the televote and jury and Aiste was 4th with both. Donny was 2nd with both, leading Erica to win her first show after two whole months of not winning one! Although importantly, Donny had won every single international jury vote for the past two months (I think) but yesterday's semi-final only had a Lithuanian jury for the first time in the whole series. And I believe it's the jury that takes precedence on a tie.

So based on that, I think the winner will be determined by whether there is an international jury involved next week. If there is then Donny would possibly take it, if not then it looks like Erica will take it... But whichever way it goes, if it is one of these two Lithuania will have picked one of the two best songs. However, Donny needs to be picked if Lithuania want a possible top 10 at Eurovision - I wouldn't even rule out a top 5 or maybe even a top 3 with the new voting system! But Donny, Erica and even Ruta would all see Lithuania safely through the weaker second semi I should think.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 12th March 2016, 12:05 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

TONIGHT'S NATIONAL FINAL...

LITHUANIA
Eurovizija

12th March 2016
Begins at 7pm in the UK, 8pm in Central Europe and 9pm in Lithuania
The show is scheduled to last 2 hours 10 minutes

Watch the selection on Eurovision.tv or via the official LRT webcast

Running Order
Click ♫ to listen to each song!

01 | Ruslanas Kirilkinas - In My World
02 | Ieva Zasimauskaitė - Life (Not That Beautiful)
03 | Aistė Pilvelytė - You Bet
04 | Erica Jennings - Leading Me Home
05 | Rūta Ščiogolevaitė - United
06 | Donny Montell - I've Been Waiting For This Night

Voting
There will be a single round of voting that will consist of 50% jury voting and 50% televoting and in the case of a tie, the song with the highest jury score will be given the higher position.

Potential Winners?
If we look back at the results from last week's semi-final, Erica Jennings won both the jury vote and televote so theoretically goes into the final as favourite. However, last week the jury vote did not include international jury members unlike all eight shows before that and it was with the international jury that Donny Montell had been succeeding in. Therefore, if an international jury appears in the final tonight then Donny would be in a very strong position also but this has yet to be confirmed. A few weeks ago Rūta Ščiogolevaitė was the favourite but her support has faded in the past couple of weeks, likewise with Aistė Pilvelytė, so these are now third and fourth favourites you would expect.

Further details available at ESC Today

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 12th March 2016, 03:42 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Eurovision.tv has confirmed the presence of an international jury that consists of Peter Freudenthaler, Denis Ingoldsby and Daisy Syron. These have all voted in previous heats and each of these three have given Donny 12 on every possible occasion in their individual votes except once where Peter gave a 12 to 'Be Free' that has since been eliminated and Donny was still his 10 pointer. Previous votes also indicated Syron will prefer United to Leading Me Home whereas Peter has been indecisive and has had them ranked both ways. Denis has shown to be a big fan of You Bet which could put a spanner in the works.

I'm expecting Leading Me Home to win the Lithuanian jury vote even though last week was the first time Lithuanian jury ranked Erica above Donny (and Ruta), but we ideally need the International jury to rank at least one of Ruta or Aiste ahead of Erica. If Erica does manage 3rd or lower with the international jury then Donny could possibly afford to be 2nd to Erica in the televote (depending on the Lithuanian jury votes), but if Erica is 2nd in the International jury vote that will lead to a tie (12+10 for both of them hopefully) so they will get equal points from the combined jury leading to a televote shoot-out. There were 300 votes between Erica and Donny last week, it could all come down to whether Donny can claw back that gap.

Very exciting! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 12th March 2016, 09:20 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Donny Montell wins the televote and jury vote! Fantastic 10 weeks work Lithuania, you could be on for your best ever result - I think this could challenge LT United's 6th place but at the very least it is a top 10 contender biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 12th March 2016, 09:23 PM
Post #20
Group icon

Some good news tonight biggrin.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >