BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Buzzjack Movie Awards 2017: Nominations Presentation, Finished.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post 10th February 2018, 11:54 PM
Post #41
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

BEST PICTURE: NOMINEE #4

YASSSSS *.* Our fourth Best Picture nominee is the utterly fabulous The Big Sick which I'm shocked made it in here! This is one of my favourite films of 20017 and is the perfect mix of comedy and drama <3 The acting and script are both fab and this film is a gem. I'm still shook this made it in <3

We will be doing the same thing as last year with two people submitting write-ups for each of the best picture nominations which will be posted during the final results presentation! You can do as many as you want as long as two people haven't taken them! You can either post if you want to write up a film now or if there's still spaces when the voting thread goes up, you can claim the space then!

The Big Sick Write-Ups: Sam and ?

Best Picture Nominees 2017:
1) Thor: Ragnarok
2) La La Land
3) Spider Man: Homecoming
4) The Big Sick
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 10th February 2018, 11:56 PM
Post #42
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

Section 5:
Best Poster for a movie released in 2017
Best Performance of the Entire Year
Best Picture Nominee #5

Two new categories and one of them being a pretty big category! Predict away!

From this point on, I'll be going until the comments completely die out, hopefully we can get to the end of Section 7 and then we can finish with Section 8 tomorrow afternoon (unless people are still around at like 2am-ish probs laugh.gif)

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 11th February 2018, 12:03 AM
Post #43
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST POSTER FOR A MOVIE RELEASED IN 2017

- Call Me By Your Name -
- Get Out -
- It -
- La La Land -
- mother! -

Mostly a very strong category *.* I've included two posters for each film to help you base your voting off for the final round. La La Land's advertising was absolutely stunning, Get Out's was really effective, It's poster is fab and mother! easily had some of the best posters of the year, the 1st poster is probably my favourite of 2017. I really don't get why Call Me By Your Name made it here though, like there's nothing to any of its posters?!

Films that just missed out included Baby Driver, Dunkirk and Murder On The Orient Express (thank f*** the latter scored 0 positive nominations.)

Next up is performance of the year, which 7 actors have scored nominations here?! One prediction and I'll reveal x

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 11th February 2018, 12:46 AM
Post #44
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST PERFORMANCE OF THE YEAR

- Baby Driver - Ansel Elgort
- Beauty & The Beast - Emma Watson
- Call Me By Your Name - Armie Hammer
- Call Me By Your Name - Timothee Chalamet
- Jackie - Natalie Portman
- mother! - Jennifer Lawrence
- Split - James McAvoy

This is the first year of this award (I think this is the last of the new categories) and its thrown on some interesting results *.* From Oscar nominees Timothee Chalamet & Natalie Portman to Golden Globes nominees Ansel Elgort & Armie Hammer to MTV Movie Award's fave person Emma Watson to inspired noms in J-Law for mother! and James McAvoy for Split, these performances all come from different genres released throughout the year *.* who will be crowned Buzzjack's first ultimate performance of the year though?!

Final award for now cos no one is commenting ( sad.gif ) , if there's a comment soon I may do some more x

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 11th February 2018, 02:36 AM
Post #45
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

Catching up now! Lots of really interesting results from the nominations round. Nominating Baby Driver is everything has really paid off kink.gif Annoyed that Pitch Perfect beat Guardians to Best Soundtrack nominations but the Reston of that category is 10/10.

I found Jennifer Lawrence annoying in mother! tbh. I’m not a big fan of hers anyway and she is mostly overrated with only a few decent roles but mother! just didn’t work for me.

Wonder Woman was also an overrated hit of the year. I thought it was an alright movie but it focused too much on becoming a piece of feminist work rather than just a superhero movie which is literally all the had to be, and the reviewers/critics/fans/etc did not help out at all really. It’s the best thing DC has come up with in a while, sure, but that’s not hard to do laugh.gif

Get Out, It, La La La for Top 3 Posters of the year wub.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 11th February 2018, 08:20 AM
Post #46
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Great for Natalie and James in Performance wub.gif

Amazing for The Big Sick too! Really happy to see that get a best pic nom!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 11th February 2018, 01:03 PM
Post #47
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

This will be starting again in the next half hour, let's get some hype going *.*

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 11th February 2018, 01:32 PM
Post #48
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST PICTURE: NOMINEE #5

YASSSSS *.* Our fifth Best Picture nominee is the utterly fabulous Baby Driver which is another one of my big favourites from 2017! The acting, script and music slay and this is just such a great film <3

We will be doing the same thing as last year with two people submitting write-ups for each of the best picture nominations which will be posted during the final results presentation! You can do as many as you want as long as two people haven't taken them! You can either post if you want to write up a film now or if there's still spaces when the voting thread goes up, you can claim the space then!

Baby Driver Write-Ups: Sam and ?

2) La La Land
4) The Big Sick
5) Baby Driver

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 11th February 2018, 01:35 PM
Post #49
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST VOICE PERFORMANCE - FEMALE

- Beauty & The Beast – Emma Thompson
- Despicable Me 3 – Kristen Wiig
- Loving Vincent – Saoirse Ronan
- Paddington 2 – Imelda Staunton
- Sing – Reese Witherspoon
- Sing – Tori Kelly

This yeah was weak af for animation so these were the only six women to get above 1 nomination (previous nominees such as Lupita Nyong'o for Star Wars failed to repeat their previous success). Here we have a double duo from Sing who are both faves of mine and they slayed their songs, the incredible Saoirse Ronan for the critically acclaimed Loving Vincent, Imelda Staunton for her turn as Aunt Lucy in Paddington 2, Kristen Wiig scoring another nomination for the Despicable Me franchise and Emma Thompson getting in for her role in the live-action Beauty & The Beast.

The rest of the awards will continue at 2:45/3:00 and I will be doing every award then so please try to be around so we can get this done!!

The next awards are male voice performance, animation and best picture nom #6, predict away!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 11th February 2018, 03:41 PM
Post #50
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST VOICE PERFORMANCE - MALE

- Despicable Me 3 – Steve Carell
- Guardians 2 – Bradley Cooper
- Paddington 2 – Ben Whishaw
- The Lego Batman Movie – Michael Cera
- The Lego Batman Movie – Will Arnett

Onto the male voice performance line-up and we have a very familiar line-up. Carell has been nominated for both Despicable Me films so far and nearly won in 2010, Whishaw gets another well deserved nom for Paddington 2, Cooper repeats for Guardians and is the only live-action film nominee here and Will Arnett will be aiming to pick up his 2nd win in this category after winning in 2014 for Batman, and this time he's joined by Michael Cera. Taron Egerton just missed for Sing and should've been here over half these noms x

The rest of the awards will continue at 2:45/3:00 and I will be doing every award then so please try to be around so we can get this done!!

The next awards is animation, what's made it?!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 11th February 2018, 03:45 PM
Post #51
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST ANIMATION

- Boss Baby -
- Despicable Me 3 -
- Loving Vincent -
- Sing -
- The LEGO Batman Movie -
- The LEGO Ninjago Movie -

And yeah this really isn't the strongest animation line-up. We have two LEGO movies, two Illumination films and two Oscar Nominated films (go boss baby *.*). I loved Sing so I'm glad that made it, Boss Baby gets a hard time and it was easily in the top 5 animations last year and Despicable Me 3 was still very solid, even if I didn't love it as much as the first two. I've commented enough on the LEGO movies and its nice to see an inspired nomination such as Loving Vincent making it into the lineup! Just missing out included another unnecessary Cars sequel, Ferdinand and critically acclaimed animations The Nut Job 2 and The Emoji Movie.

The next award is our 6th best pic nom, who is it?!

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 11th February 2018, 03:47 PM
Post #52
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston

Voice Performance noms are wildly different. Female ones are pretty poor with Emma Thompson being my fav there despite not really being too prominent in the film. Males are better I think with Michael Cera & Will Arnett being two of my favourite actors of all time tongue.gif I didn’t even think to nominate Bradley Cooper but I would’ve if I remembered. Overall not great categories though, Lego Batman was the only decent animated movie this year I think so obviously the two male leads are above all else for me laugh.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 11th February 2018, 03:48 PM
Post #53
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST PICTURE: NOMINEE #6

Dw Michael, B&TB has made it into the line-up alongside all those crappy superhero pictures x Our sixth Best Picture nominee is the millionth Disney live-adaptation of a classic animated Disney film and Beauty & The Beast did gigantic box office and received good reviews! I loved this so I'm glad it made the line-up <3

Beauty & The Beast Write-Ups: ? and ?

2) La La Land
4) The Big Sick
5) Baby Driver
6) Beauty & The Beast

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 11th February 2018, 03:48 PM
Post #54
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

next awards:
Best Hero
Best Character
Best Scene In A Movie
Best Movie Couple
Most Underrated Movie
Best Picture Nominee #7

QUOTE(Dexton @ Feb 11 2018, 03:47 PM) *
Voice Performance noms are wildly different. Female ones are pretty poor with Emma Thompson being my fav there despite not really being too prominent in the film. Males are better I think with Michael Cera & Will Arnett being two of my favourite actors of all time tongue.gif I didn’t even think to nominate Bradley Cooper but I would’ve if I remembered. Overall not great categories though, Lego Batman was the only decent animated movie this year I think so obviously the two male leads are above all else for me laugh.gif

yeah this feels like one of those years where the old method of the voice performance categories being a combined gender category would have served better laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 11th February 2018, 03:49 PM
Post #55
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston

“Critically acclaimed animations”
“The Emoji Movie”

Are you mad? tongue.gif

Happy that Boss Baby made it, shame Alex Baldwin didn’t get a male voice performance nomination as he was the clear drawing point of that (for me anyway, since there was no way in hell I would have otherwise watched it tongue.gif)

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 11th February 2018, 03:53 PM
Post #56
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST HERO

- Paddington 2 – Paddington -
- Spider Man: Homecoming – Spider Man -
- Star Wars 8 – Leia -
- Thor: Ragnarok – Thor -
- Wonder Woman – Wonder Woman -

Mixed bag for me in this category, was hoping some more inspired noms that nearly made it would have made it in! Delighted to see Paddington gain recognition here, I'm glad Carrie Fisher got some recognition somewhere this year for Leia and Wonder Woman was an incredible and refreshing superhero. I've not seen Thor so I can't really comment on that and whilst I do love the character of Spider-Man, I actually found Tom Holland's turn to be the weakest part of the film and I didn't really like Spider-Man that much in this film sad.gif

Just missing out are Baby from Baby Driver, Chris from Get Out and The Losers Club from It which would have all been fabulous nominations, in particular the latter one. The rest of the nominations were a mixture of the typical superheroes, call me by your name characters and the odd one or a big blockbuster category!

The next award is best character, whose made it?!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 11th February 2018, 03:59 PM
Post #57
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST CHARACTER

- Baby Driver – Baby -
- Call Me By Your Name – Elio -
- It – Pennywise -
- Paddington 2 – Paddington -
- Pitch Perfect 3 – Beca -
- Wonder Woman – Wonder Woman -

For a line-up that's usually very similar to best hero, this year bucks that trend as the years share only two nominees in common. Paddington & Wonder Woman are both wonderful characters & deserve repeat noms, Pennywise was iconic as soon as the trailer for It dropped, Call Me By Your Name gets more love, Baby was another great character in an Edgar Wright film and surprisingly its Beca that makes it in here instead of Fat Amy who is the one usually nominated in this category for the Pitch Perfect films. Even though I've not seen the 3rd film, I'm glad about that as I've always preferred Beca. Rebel Wilson has scored a nom for both previous Pitch Perfect films though, will she get in for the third one in supporting actress?

Just missing out includes the hilarious Dina in Girls Trip and the adorable Baby Groot which both would have made great noms.

Also a lil voting spoiler, every single nominee here got the same amount of votes so its all to play for ohmy.gif

The next award is best scene, what's made it?!

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 11th February 2018, 04:04 PM
Post #58
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston

We should’ve had a “Best Villain” category too tongue.gif Would’ve been fun to see Pennywise face off against Gaston, Kylo Ren, and the Armitage Family laugh.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 11th February 2018, 04:06 PM
Post #59
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

BEST SCENE

- Call Me By Your Name – Peach Scene -
- It – Opening Scene -
- La La Land – Epilogue -
- Manchester By The Sea – House burns down -
- Wonder Woman – No Man Land’s Scene -

A very strong line-up here *.* Ofc the best scene here and what will hopefully win is the wonderful Epilogue from La La Land which is the 7 best minutes of cinema from 2017 <3 Other nominees include the much talked about Peach Scene from CMBYN, the iconic and meme-d a lot opening scene from It, a powerful scene from Manchester By The Sea and a great action scene from Wonder Woman. <3

Just missing out includes two more incredible La La Land scenes, the also iconic opening of Baby Driver and scenes from Jumanji/Pitch Perfect 3.

The next award is best movie couple, which 7 couples have made it into this years line-up?!

+Quote this post
JackJones
post 11th February 2018, 04:11 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 15

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Feb 10 2018, 11:11 PM) *
La La Land wub.gif

The other noms aren't too surprising, however, CMBYN an action film? laugh.gif Really Buzzjack? Haha. YYYYAAASSSSS for Power Rangers wub.gif

Well, just ask the peach whether there was action. At least I didn't nominate CMBYN for best horror picture thou I do did consider it, because, well, why not biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by JackJones: 11th February 2018, 04:12 PM

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 10:12 AM