BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Predict The New Releases: 10th-12th April, UK and US, Woman In Duff Takes The Longest Ride To 2 Unnecessary Sequels
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Predict
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 6
Guests cannot vote 
UltraCruelSummer
post 9th April 2015, 06:49 AM
Post #1
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

I have added the USA into the UK prediction thread for another week only as The Longest Ride is the only wide release out in America this week.

Well the prediction game didn't work out so I am trying out another idea which isn't really a game. The new releases are above and you vote in the poll for what you predict the film will open with. Posse post your answers and hopefully this creates discussion
This one is for the British box office

US new release:
The Longest Ride- latest Nicholas Sparks adaptation

UK new releases:
Good Kill- Ethan Hawke thriller
Hot Tub Time Machine 2- Sequel that no one wants
John Wick- Keanu Reeves well received action thriller
Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2- Sequel that no one wants starring Kevin James
The Duff- Teen comedy. 7 day opening and earned £110k on opening day
Woman In Gold- Helen Mirren drama

My predictions:
The longest ride should do well- predicting $23.5M
I can see all the uk releases doing not great though. The duff should do best due to the 7 day opening- £610k
Good kill will completely bomb- £80k
Hot tub time machine 2 will do awfully- £180k and Paul Blart mall cop 2 also won't do great- £570k
John wick should do solid- £500k and woman in gold will do ok but a lot better on midweeks- £395k
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 11th April 2015, 09:46 AM
Post #2
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

The Duff, I'll say around 870k. Taken the first day figure, multiplied by seven days and added a bit on because it could do better at the weekend when it seems to have a wider release. But Monday was a Bank Holiday so it probably didn't do as much on Wednesday, Thursday etc. laugh.gif Many factors to try to account for.

Good Kill, not seen much about it, not an extremely limited release but not as wide as it could be, 105k

Hot Tub Time Machine 2. Can I just say that I am so excited for this to be out...so they can stop showing the trailer every time I go tongue.gif Both this and Paul Blart look awful, Hot Tub looks slightly less awful but apparently the first Paul Blart was the bigger success, and Hot Tub really did bomb in the US. Eh, 210k for Hot Tub and 300k for Paul Blart.

John Wick, 510k. Woman In Gold I think will do solid, Marigold is finishing up and I don't think any of the other releases will really appeal to the same crowd, I'll guess at 450k.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 14th April 2015, 01:02 PM
Post #3
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

The Duff- 891k (487k Fri-Sun)
John Wick- 508k
Woman In Gold- 494k
Paul Blart 2- 480k
Hot Tub Time Machine 2- 90k rotf.gif
Good Kill- 44k

Great for the duff, very good for wick and woman, Paul Blart did bad but could have gone way worse and that HTTM2 number is beyond hilarious rotf.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 15th April 2015, 12:52 AM
Post #4
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

Would people prefer the USA/UK together or separately each week?

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 15th April 2015, 08:00 PM
Post #5
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

Tbh I don't make guesses for the US either way because I don't think I have enough info here in the UK to judge. laugh.gif

Absolute LOL at Hot Tub Time Machine. Looked rubbish but they tried to shove it down our throats, I was seeing the trailer most times I went and it can't even do as well as limited releases such as X+Y or The Voices (to name just a couple of examples).

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 15th April 2015, 08:22 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I like having them together! Oh my God at HTTM numbers! huh.gif HUGE FLOP.

I did vote in this, I just can't remember what I predicted! laugh.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 07:22 AM