BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pop Forum Notices (Last Updated: 03/05/20), Please read before posting!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Apr 18 2013, 08:46 PM
Post #1
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,139

Hi everyone!

We wanted to combine the key points that we want you to know regarding this forum into one simple thread to make it as easy as possible for you (and us!) to understand. We may add to this topic over time, if we do we will post below to alert you of an update. Furthermore if you have any questions you would like to ask regarding any notices in here or anything at all regarding the pop forum, please feel free to post these questions in this thread!

Posting MP3 Links

Firstly, we would like to stress that it is against the rules of Buzzjack to post any MP3 links anywhere on the site and could lead to the forum being shut down if seen. We will instantly remove any links that we see on the forum and if anyone else finds any links that we have missed, please report the relevant posts to a moderator immediately.

Thread Splitting

Secondly as has been the case for the last year or so, we want to encourage you to make a new thread for separate album and single releases (and even tours if you feel they will attract discussion!). This is because it is much easier to follow a thread that has a low number of pages all related to exactly the same topic rather than one single topic for an artist that can contain tens of pages combining many different discussions. Therefore, rather than announcing a new single in an album thread, please create a new topic for it instead!

Of course if you realise that discussion has already started about a new single in the album thread and you feel it is too late to create a new one as the discussion has already developed significantly, feel free to tell us this in the thread and we can split the thread into a brand new topic for you!

Thread Title Standardisation

From now on, all thread titles on singles/albums in the pop forum must use the format as shown in the example below:

Title: Demi Lovato - I Love Me
Subtitle: 1st single | (extra information up to the thread creator)

Untitled albums/singles shall use the format seen in this example:

Title: Kelly Clarkson - TBA
Subtitle: 9th album | (extra information up to the thread creator)

And when there is a featured artist, please use the format seen in this example:

Title: Gabrielle Aplin (feat. Nina Nesbitt) - Miss You 2

This is to help make the forum neater/information easier to access. Topic subtitles do not need to have a standardised format except for the single/album information (though we encourage release date info on upcoming releases), and threads on random other things are not affected by this.

Question Threads
A new Q&A thread has just been started, and from now on shall be used to house all info request threads. If you would like to ask a question, simply post in that thread and your question shall be answered! If you post your question in its own thread, it shall be moved, so make sure you don't lose your thread!

New Music Announcements
It has been an ongoing issue that members are posting threads for new singles without providing a reliable link to the source of information. Please remember to always back up new music releases with the site or forum that you have found it.

Always Check The Other Genre Forums
This is self explanatory, please always check the other forums before making a thread in case there is one already there. If you are not sure which forum a certain artist belongs in, then either PM one of the forum moderators, or use the search box on the bottom left to see if there is previous material from the artist in the forum you are searching.

Search Before Posting
If you have received news about a single release or album release, please use the bottom left search box to see if there is already a thread for the topic. We do not need to see 4 different topics regarding what song has been picked as the second single from "Last Year Was Complicated", nor do we need 2 threads floating around for Louisa Johnson's unnamed debut album.

Hosting Rates
We have developed a new rule that if you are wanting to host a rate and have hosted one before, you must complete the rate before starting another one. Unfinished rates make the forum look messy. Additionally, always contact one of the moderators before starting a rate, game or least favourite round.

Thanks everyone,
Cameron and Jonjo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Apr 18 2013, 10:34 PM
Post #2
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

I like your smile?

+Quote Post
Umi
post Apr 18 2013, 10:52 PM
Post #3
All I See br29
Member No.: 14,659
   No Gallery Pics

No flirting in this thread, Lee! If you want to tell Liam he's hot you can comment on his gallery happy.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Apr 20 2013, 03:34 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

Thread Title Standardisation: Update

We would like to thank you all on your feedback regarding the new thread title standardisation rules that were implemented a few days ago. Following your comments we have decided to slightly alter the format, see the example below:

Title: Diana Vickers - Cinderella

We believe that this will make the threads even neater with the removal of the brackets in the thread title while still allowing the thread creator to add their own information in the subtitle. We still want to encourage you to include release dates where possible of course! If you have any further suggestions or comments on this, please let us know in the Have Your Say thread!

Thanks!
Liam, Ryan and Umi.

+Quote Post
RobBot
post Apr 20 2013, 03:39 PM
Post #5
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7,117

Fabulous, think this will definitely look neater - the original suggestion was good to include the single name, but for the sake of tidiness, this is probably better! You're doing a wonderful job.

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Apr 20 2013, 04:02 PM
Post #6
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

oooo, that looks a lot better! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Umi
post Apr 20 2013, 06:48 PM
Post #7
All I See br29
   No Gallery Pics

To add to the range of topics the thread standardisation covers, we've created a format for as of yet unnamed albums / singles. Example:

Title: Jessie J - TBA
Subtitle: 2nd album | (extra information up to the thread creator)

As of now all threads like "Jennifer Lopez - 8th Album" will be edited to fit this format for neatness and whatnot. If you have any thoughts on this or feel the change will ruin your posting experience, feel free to post in the Have Your Say thread happy.gif

Thanks,
Liam, Ryan and Umi.

+Quote Post
Umi
post Apr 24 2013, 04:52 PM
Post #8
All I See br29
   No Gallery Pics

Question Threads
A new Q&A thread has just been started, and from now on shall be used to house all info request threads. If you would like to ask a question, simply post in that thread and your question shall be answered! If you post your question in its own thread, it shall be moved, so make sure you don't lose your thread!

+Quote Post
sinatrathevoice
post Jun 13 2013, 06:31 AM
Post #9
New Entry
Member No.: 19,109
   No Gallery Pics

Hi Everyone,
I like this thread very crazily. You're doing a wonderful job. Thanks for sharing..

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Oct 16 2013, 03:22 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

This notice no longer applies and all discussion for releases from artists with artist forums will only happen in those forums.

Artist Forums

We have decided that we are going to attempt to try and encourage more activity in as many people feel that some of the artist forums are underused. In order to achieve this, on a trial basis, we are going to create threads for music releases from artists such as Katy Perry and encourage you all to use the links to their artist forums which will be provided in the first post of these topics. For now, please do not create any threads for artists with their own forums yourself as this will be done by the moderators during this trial basis. Feel free to have a discussion in the pop forum thread but please do explore their artist forums too!

If you have any more ideas regarding this, please let us know in the Have Your Say thread!

+Quote Post
Tarik Turan
post Oct 23 2013, 11:34 AM
Post #11
New Entry
Member No.: 19,996
   No Gallery Pics

ty for information

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 11 2015, 03:19 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Discussion of music from Eurovision and Melodifestivalen-related artists

The genre forum and Eurovision moderators have decided that discussion regarding singles and albums released by artists related to Eurovision, or one of its national selection processes such as Melodifestivalen, will now take place in the Eurovision Song Contest forum rather than here in the Pop forum. The reason for this is because discussion around these artists do usually have niche fanbases due to their connection to Eurovision, and therefore would be better placed over in Eurovision rather than being "swallowed up" by all of the bigger discussions happening in the Pop forum.

The only exceptions to this rule are threads regarding the winning song of the contest (for example 'Only Teardrops') and threads about a song that was directly entered into Eurovision (for example 'Busy Doin' Nothin'), as discussion topics for these will already be in Eurovision via the national threads. Furthermore, artists who have had UK success and are clearly not associated with Eurovision anymore will not be moved (for example Agnes and t.A.T.u).

This sounds more confusing than it is, and we hope this change will be beneficial. Apologies for any confusion caused but we are confident any confusion will only be in the very short-term as we adjust. There may be more threads and artists moved as we think of them, but I think we've moved the clear majority!

A full list of artists affected and therefore have been moved to the Eurovision forum (barring exceptions as outlined above) are as follows: Ace Wilder, Adelén, Alexander Rybak, Alvaro Estrella, Anna Bergendahl, Anna Vissi, Anton Ewald, Arash, Charlotte Perrelli, The Common Linnets, Conchita Wurst, Darin, Emmelie de Forest, Eric Saade, A Friend In London, Helena Paparizou, Janet Leon, Lena, Linda Bengtzing, Loreen, Love Generation, Madeline Juno, Mĺns Zelmerlöw, Molly Sandén, No Angels, Ola, Ruslana, Salem al Fakir, Sanna Nielsen, Sarah Dawn Finer, Shiri Maymon, Sibel, Timoteij, Tooji and Ulrik Munther.

Thanks! happy.gif

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Feb 11 2015, 03:37 PM
Post #13
Bitch of t seet
Member No.: 16,660

Is this a joke? No offense but seriously?

What exactly is the points of this besides gaining Eurovision posts, losing pop posts and losing exposure for the Eurovision acts?

This post has been edited by *Tim: Feb 11 2015, 03:38 PM

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 11 2015, 03:48 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

The main reason given by those in favour was that the vast majority of responses in threads by acts such as these are by users who are regulars in the Eurovision forum. It would give the topics more exposure in the Eurovision forum for the users that are most likely to be interested unlike in Pop where these topics get the odd reply (in most cases) and then fall off the first page in a matter of hours never to be seen again, potentially before the people who are most likely to reply see the topic had been created.

Timoteij were given as a clear example, an album thread that was made in the Eurovision forum accumulated multiple pages of replies whereas their latest single thread in here managed one reply before disappearing.

+Quote Post
Calum
post Feb 11 2015, 08:49 PM
Post #15
nabad
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 18,316

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Feb 11 2015, 03:48 PM) *
It would give the topics more exposure in the Eurovision forum for the users that are most likely to be interested unlike in Pop where these topics get the odd reply (in most cases) and then fall off the first page in a matter of hours never to be seen again, potentially before the people who are most likely to reply see the topic had been created.

That can be said for a fair few artists that have nothing to do with Eurovision as well - except in this case there's somewhere to throw them when all they're doing is gathering dust, so hey why not?

+Quote Post
Umi
post Feb 12 2015, 11:50 AM
Post #16
All I See br29
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Calum Hood @ Feb 11 2015, 08:49 PM) *
That can be said for a fair few artists that have nothing to do with Eurovision as well - except in this case there's somewhere to throw them when all they're doing is gathering dust, so hey why not?

I don't see where your investment in this is coming from outside of loving to bitch but if you want to make posts criticising people and their decisions in future then I would suggest you look at Tim's post for criticism with both reason and a brain behind it.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Feb 12 2015, 12:23 PM
Post #17
Bitch of t seet

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Feb 11 2015, 04:48 PM) *
The main reason given by those in favour was that the vast majority of responses in threads by acts such as these are by users who are regulars in the Eurovision forum. It would give the topics more exposure in the Eurovision forum for the users that are most likely to be interested unlike in Pop where these topics get the odd reply (in most cases) and then fall off the first page in a matter of hours never to be seen again, potentially before the people who are most likely to reply see the topic had been created.

Timoteij were given as a clear example, an album thread that was made in the Eurovision forum accumulated multiple pages of replies whereas their latest single thread in here managed one reply before disappearing.

I totally get it, but it just seems a bit odd to see some of the acts there (Loreen, The Common Linnets) who are not your typical Eurovision one hit wonders, altho The Common Linnets are yet to prove themselves.
Loreen and TCL appeal to people outside the Eurovision forum as well. I get this is still "in a test phase" but speaking from personal experience, I hardly ever visit the Eurovision forum, apart from the usual big news/Dutch entry/Uk entry posts.
I just think the artists would get swamped even more in the Eurovision, especially with all these country threads popping up and getting bumped (please change them back lol, but that's another point).

+Quote Post
PaPa Ri
post Feb 12 2015, 04:05 PM
Post #18
JanWasRobbed
Member No.: 8,335

What about features? (Eurovision acts featured on non-Eurovision acts' songs)

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 12 2015, 04:46 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(*Tim @ Feb 12 2015, 12:23 PM) *
I totally get it, but it just seems a bit odd to see some of the acts there (Loreen, The Common Linnets) who are not your typical Eurovision one hit wonders, altho The Common Linnets are yet to prove themselves.
Loreen and TCL appeal to people outside the Eurovision forum as well. I get this is still "in a test phase" but speaking from personal experience, I hardly ever visit the Eurovision forum, apart from the usual big news/Dutch entry/Uk entry posts.
I just think the artists would get swamped even more in the Eurovision, especially with all these country threads popping up and getting bumped (please change them back lol, but that's another point).

I agree, Loreen was definitely someone that we did discuss in depth but we decided that, at least for the time being, we should apply the same rule to all Eurovision acts even though 1 or 2 are more successful than the rest. The Common Linnets only managed 1 reply in their most recent topic so I'm not sure that they've got the same appeal outside Eurovision at the moment, but I do agree with Loreen and we'll have to wait and see what effect it has on her topics. Of course, if we see that it has had a detrimental effect then we will definitely reconsider!

Regarding the country threads do you mean the topic titles where each one has "Eurovision Song Contest 2015" in full? If so this wasn't done so it would look better, as I would argue it probably doesn't (although I'm used to it now), but it was done for search engine purposes - the same reason the forum title was also changed as well. We found that when Eurovision Song Contest is searched in full, Buzzjack are nowhere to be seen due to the lack of "Song Contest" is our forum and topic titles, whereas when just "Eurovision" is searched then we do appear on the first page of results if that makes sense.

QUOTE(♡ Heezus Froot ♡ @ Feb 12 2015, 04:05 PM) *
What about features? (Eurovision acts featured on non-Eurovision acts' songs)

I'd say that's a case by case basis. This example isn't quite real but say it was Carly Rae Jepsen feat. A Friend In London - as Carly has a fanbase in her own right then that would go in the pop forum. However if the lead artist wouldn't get much interest for a solo song and therefore the main attraction is the featured Eurovision artist, then that would go in the Eurovision forum. Hope that makes sense! It's not a big deal, if a topic ends up in the wrong forum then it'll only take us a second to move it.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Feb 13 2015, 12:51 PM
Post #20
Bitch of t seet

Oh that makes sense! Guess I'll just have to get used to it I guess

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out tbh

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:10 PM