BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Kylie and Calvin Harris
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
markivj
post 7th March 2024, 11:08 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 78,351

Totally not stirring the pot or create drama, but I'm starting this thread after some of the posts on Sayhey, they spotted that Calvin, in his thank-you speech at the BRITS when speaking of Ellie G said "I don't think there's anyone else in this room who could've done this as well as her", and the Sayhey folks interpreted that as his way of throwing shade on Kylie.

I don't think that was the case, and he used the word room figuratively.

But all of which led me to think - ever since the Aphrodite era, they haven't done anything together. They don't even seem to acknowledge each other on social media, or even in common events (like CapitalFm summertime ball last summer, or last week's BRITS) they don't seem to hang out or even pose together. Roman Kemp asked her if she'd collab with Calvin at the Summertime backstage interview and she, of course, diplomatically said she'd love to.

So what is going on? Is there more than meets the eye? Considering Calvin goes back to a lot of artists he's collab'ed before and knowing fully well that Kylie will always have the pink pound market demographic, it shouldn't be that challenging to get him to collab with her.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 7th March 2024, 11:50 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I'm pretty sure nothing untoward has happened, although part of me almost thinks he's perhaps forgotten his work with Kylie after everything he's done since that time.

I'm really wanting a Calvin feat. Kylie single right about now though, it feels like as good a time as any if that's ever going to happen?

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 8th March 2024, 11:29 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

I’ve seen this all over SH and let’s be honest they create drama over if Kylie’s hair is parted correctly.

I think Calvin was simply thanking Ellie, she was perfect for that song and like he said he wouldn’t have been standing there this year if it wasn’t for her contribution, I don’t think there was any shade just him celebrating his huge hit with Ellie.

+Quote this post
markivj
post 8th March 2024, 11:36 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 78,351

Besides Ellie though - main q is why Kylie and Calvin haven’t collab’d in ages. I do wonder if there was a fallout

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 8th March 2024, 01:54 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

[quote name='Jessie Where' date='Mar 7 2024, 11:50 PM' post='7523534']
I'm pretty sure nothing untoward has happened, although part of me almost thinks he's perhaps forgotten his work with Kylie after everything he's done since that time.

I'm really wanting a Calvin feat. Kylie single right about now though, it feels like as good a time as any if that's ever going to happen?
[/quote

I agree with this plus it's probably a case of timing hasn't been right since but I do think there is a decent chance they will do something else together and I'd also be up for it.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 09:51 AM