BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> SPOILERS | Canada vs. the World | Season 2
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 13th February 2024, 07:48 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Apparently the cast is:

Lemon (likely) 🇨🇦 CAN1 5th, UKvTW1 9th
Miss Fiercalicious (likely) 🇨🇦 CAN3 3rd/4th
Tynomi Banks (likely) 🇨🇦 CAN1 9th
La Kahenna (likely) 🇫🇷 FR1 10th
Cheryl Hole (likely) 🇬🇧 UK1 4th, UKvTW2 8th
Gia Metric (possible) 🇨🇦 CAN2 4th
Alexis Mateo (possible) 🇺🇸 S7 3rd, AS1 4th/5th, AS5 2nd/3rd
Kennedy Davenport (possible) 🇺🇸 S7 2nd/3rd, AS3 2nd
Le Fil (possible) 🇬🇧 UK4 7th
Sum Ting Wong (possible) 🇬🇧 UK1 7th
Aquarela (possible) 🇧🇷 BR1 9th place, Miss Congeniality

There’s… room for everybody! I’m happy to see Alexis and Cheryl again but this feels like they just want to crown Lemon and Fierce (who I love) laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 13th February 2024, 08:09 PM
Post #2
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

This cast is more random than UK vs the World 2. They really are blitzing through the early season UK girls too eh!

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 13th February 2024, 09:08 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

Why are Lemon and Cheryl back again on a Vs The World already?!

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 14th February 2024, 10:04 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

Yeah given the number of Queens around the world, re-casting 2 Queens from vs the world already seems a bit odd

+Quote this post
Calum
post 14th February 2024, 11:13 AM
Post #5
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

Lemon and Cheryl appearing despite already competing on a vs. the World is a bit 👀 but I’m not gonna complain at more Lemon. She should never have been first out though in UKVTW1 so here’s hoping she can slay here x

+Quote this post
Davidson
post 14th February 2024, 02:49 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847

Meh, this casting is not great. Sadly I think lots of the queens will decline Canada vs The World as not a Ru season.

UK queens like Tayce and A'Whora are probably holding out for Global All Stars...

+Quote this post
152chris
post 14th February 2024, 05:21 PM
Post #7
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105

that is a terrible cast lol

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 14th February 2024, 05:35 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I’m pretty sure this was even meant to film last summer, I wonder if they had real trouble casting and just went with whatever. I feel like Canada vs The World is probably seen as a joke, like as amazing as Brooke is, you would kind of feel like you were second rate if you didn’t get asked to be on anything else and had to settle for Canada Vs The World. I think season 1 got decent casting because it was new, nobody knew whether there would be more seasons like this, but now it’s become its own franchise and there’s Global All Stars so most heavy hitters would wait for that.

Then you’ve got lots of franchises where the strongest queens don’t speak English well enough to be on, so it’s kind of whoever can do it, but there’s definitely more queens from other franchises who speak English well enough to do this, so it’s kind of lazy to basically get a handful of strong Canadian reps then shove whoever will do it on with them, at that point just do Canada All Stars if you aren’t going to represent other franchises which should be the point of a vTW season really. I mean look at UK, Pangina being the breakout star of S1 and Marina/LGD smashing it right out of the gate this time around, compared to this which would just be a couple of fan faves people know and have recently seen along with whoever will do it laugh.gif

+Quote this post
DanielSwift
post 22nd March 2024, 05:18 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 119,363

Rumoured Canada vs. The World S2 elimination order:

Top 3 - Alexis Mateo, Kennedy Davenport and Lemon
4th - Cheryl Hole
5th/6th - Eureka/Miss Fiercalicious
7th/8th - Tynomi Banks/Le Fil
9th - La Kahena

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 23rd March 2024, 08:10 PM
Post #10
Group icon

That elimination order is rotted

Anything but a Lemon win they can keep it. Sick of vs the Worlds being 'second chance for American queens'

The only minor plus for me is Cheryl not being an early out again and hopefully getting her flowers this time

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 23rd March 2024, 11:41 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

If you swap Eureka/Tynomi with Cheryl, that’s basically the most predictable boot order you could have guessed laugh.gif I could see Cheryl having a Vanity Milan on season 1 type run. It would be lush for her to finally get a win anyway.

Alexis Mateo does need a crown, but I don’t see the point even bothering casting half these queens to just crown a third timer who was robbed before. It’s sad for say La Kahenna or Tynomi who don’t have an All Stars to go to being cast as filler just to be thrown aside because they were always going to cast a US legend without a crown or Lemon.

+Quote this post
152chris
post 24th March 2024, 12:19 AM
Post #12
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105

as someone who consults this website 99% on my phone i rly wish we didn’t have to use spoiler tags in spoiler threads 🥲

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 24th March 2024, 03:33 AM
Post #13
Group icon

QUOTE(152chris @ Mar 24 2024, 12:19 AM) *
as someone who consults this website 99% on my phone i rly wish we didn’t have to use spoiler tags in spoiler threads 🥲

All it takes is highlighting the text boo tongue.gif

But, point noted. We can poll on it in a bit. I put the rule in place in the first place after we had some upset when people clicked into the thread and read spoilers by accident & then it put them off, naturally.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 24th March 2024, 10:22 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

QUOTE(152chris @ Mar 24 2024, 12:19 AM) *
as someone who consults this website 99% on my phone i rly wish we didn’t have to use spoiler tags in spoiler threads ��

Same and I agree, it’s annoying and I get that some people don’t want spoilers if they accidentally click on it but like… the thread has spoilers in massive lettering laugh.gif And if you do click accidentally the first bit is usually just the cast anyway and I’m sorry I barely see casts as a spoiler, surely?! Idk I know everyone is going to have a different view and it’s easy for me to say as a fully fledged spoilerina who can’t resist and is active on the Reddit but I think separate threads is enough personally.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 25th March 2024, 09:10 AM
Post #15
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

QUOTE(J00prstar @ Mar 24 2024, 03:33 AM) *
All it takes is highlighting the text boo tongue.gif

I don’t know if it’s different for Android but when I try to view spoiler tags using iPhone I have to actually go and quote a post to be able to read what’s in spoiler tags on here. If anybody else is the same - and more inclined to use spoiler threads than I am - I can imagine that must be pretty annoying.

I do think now we have more structure to topic titles and with ‘SPOILERS’ stated before the topic title itself, there’s less chance of anybody accidentally coming into a spoiler thread and having things spoiled for them, so maybe it’s something that can be relaxed a bit moving forward?

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 25th March 2024, 09:23 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

QUOTE(Calum @ Mar 25 2024, 09:10 AM) *
I don’t know if it’s different for Android but when I try to view spoiler tags using iPhone I have to actually go and quote a post to be able to read what’s in spoiler tags on here. If anybody else is the same - and more inclined to use spoiler threads than I am - I can imagine that must be pretty annoying.

Same; spoilers on phones are deeply irritating.

Given the thread says SPOILERS, it seems pointless to have all the spoilers covered up laugh.gif

+Quote this post
post 25th March 2024, 09:31 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Yeah, I agree - it's a spoiler thread...No need to hide anything. It's very annoying when viewing on phone.

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 25th March 2024, 09:53 AM
Post #18
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

The cast and the elimination order, oh god, this is not shaping up well

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 25th March 2024, 10:27 AM
Post #19
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Apparently Vivaldi (Holland 2), Susan (Belgium 1) and Anneé Maywong (Thailand 1) all said no, all strong competitors from their franchises that would also improve the variety of this cast.

VTW always feels kind of set up to crown a certain queen and with GAS now being a thing, I can see why queens wouldn’t really want to do Canada vs The world which isn’t even hosted by Ru. I think the concept may be better off doing non English All Stars for Spanish and French speaking queens now that each language has a couple of iterations and queens that probably either language or even both.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 25th March 2024, 11:40 AM
Post #20
Group icon

QUOTE(Calum @ Mar 25 2024, 09:10 AM) *

I do think now we have more structure to topic titles and with ‘SPOILERS’ stated before the topic title itself, there’s less chance of anybody accidentally coming into a spoiler thread and having things spoiled for them, so maybe it’s something that can be relaxed a bit moving forward?

OKay. I wasn't actually aware of that.

We'll trial taking spoiler tags off for now then within the spoiler threads.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 11:21 AM