BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Would you change any of Katy's single choices?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Long Dong Silver
post 30th September 2016, 11:57 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

I still think she wanted the flops and didn't release the 2 hits to move onto next era without being overexposed.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 1st October 2016, 02:03 AM
Post #22
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Ew at this Uncondictionally and Thinking Of You Hate sad.gif

For Prisim Id change it too

1. Roar
2. Dark Horse feat Juicy J
ALBUM RELEASE
3. Walking On Air
4. Unconditionally or By The Grace Of God
5. Birthday

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 1st October 2016, 05:33 AM
Post #23
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

That's ... really floppy!!! laugh.gif

With ha profile at the time, One huge hit is needed only before the album. Not two. BTW and Unconditionally would flop, esp in that singles order.

Tragiiic.

Esprcially as Yhinking of You is face-punch rage-inducing Proto Screech!!

+Quote this post
Tyler
post 1st October 2016, 07:07 AM
Post #24
Group icon
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
User: 67

1. Roar (I hate it but it's a smash)
2. Dark Horse
3. Legendary Lovers
4. Walking On Air
5. This Is How We Do OR Birthday

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 1st October 2016, 08:13 AM
Post #25
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

Tyler's is mostly correct but Dark Horse and Roar were so huuuge there needed to be a pause between them.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 1st October 2016, 08:43 AM
Post #26
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

The big mistake I can think of is not factoring in 'Walking On Air' somewhere, I'd have probably had it following 'Dark Horse'.

I did really think before PRISM that the big thing she had going for her is that her team always managed to get the single choices spot on and it kept her at the top of her game.

This post has been edited by mr_pmt: 1st October 2016, 08:44 AM

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 1st October 2016, 07:08 PM
Post #27
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

One Of The Boys Era

I Kissed A Girl
Hot N' Cold
If You Can Afford Me
Waking Up In Vegas

Wouldn't change much, the first 2 singles were perfect and 'WUIV' was a fantastic ending to the era, but I would change 'TOY' with 'IYCAM', as to be honest the former just wasn't a very good song and it's chart performance proved that, maybe it would have worked better as a promo single, something to sell the album instead of being an actual single, which just didn't work at all and nearly ruined her career before it started. If the latter got released, then it would have definitely performed better and created more hype for 'WUIV' and given that a better chart position in the UK at least.

Teenage Dream Era

California Gurls
Teenage Dream
Firework
E.T.
Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)
The One That Got Away
Part Of Me
Wide Awake
Hummingbird Heartbeat

Again would change very little for this era, it was perfect as it was, just thought it would have been nice if 'HH' would have got released, but that's more of a personal choice on my part, to be honest I doubt it would have been a smash hit, considering that it would have been the 9th single from an already fantastic era, but it would have been nice to see a colourful music video and it would have been interesting to see how it would have performed, I'd predict top 10 in the USA and top 20 UK.

Prism Era

Roar
Unconditionally
Dark Horse
Waking On Air
Birthday,
Legendary Lovers

Now this is the era that would have the most changes, firstly 'Unconditionally' was a decent choice, but came a tad too soon, especially following something as massive as 'Roar', and was just a hard act to follow, even if 'DH' got released 2nd, yeah it would have been a smash, but I just feel it would have been too much too soon. Again 'Birthday' was a good song and a definite standout on the album, but releasing it after 'DH' was a huge mistake, if 'Walking On Air' was released instead, then it would have sustained more momentum and driven more sales instead of basically flatlining. 'Birthday' would have worked better as the 5th single and with a better music video, might have performed slightly better. Then scrap 'This Is How We Do' altogether, because that just didn't work at all and didn't do anything for the album at all, the era was dead by this point. Personally then following 'WOA' & 'Birthday', release 'Legendary Lovers' in a remixed form with a rapper, featuring Drake as it was rumoured at one point, now that would have definitely created more interest and definitely ended the era on more of a high.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 12:59 PM