BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Madonna song are you listening to?, put a record on...
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post Dec 12 2014, 08:52 AM
Post #21
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

Got a little closer~ to a guy last night through the power of Madonna. He remembered me from a previous night out because i lectured him about Madonna for a while and i went on to do the same last night too laugh.gif i don't remember doing it the first time but i said that that definitely sounds like me kink.gif

Anyway i have had 'Oh Father' in my head all morning. So achingly beautiful sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Dec 12 2014, 05:04 PM
Post #22
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

Haus Dating Tip #1: stock up on your Madonna facts!

Absolutely adore 'Oh Father', I think anyone could identify their own experiences with its lyrics, even if it doesn't match the song's actual meaning.

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Dec 19 2014, 10:31 PM
Post #23

QUOTE(liamk97 @ Dec 12 2014, 05:04 PM) *
Haus Dating Tip #1: stock up on your Madonna facts!

Absolutely adore 'Oh Father', I think anyone could identify their own experiences with its lyrics, even if it doesn't match the song's actual meaning.

laugh.gif i literally judge everyone i meet on how much they like Madonna. I threw a diva strop at one last night because he said that Nicki Minaj was more iconic than Madonna kink.gif (he was deliberately trying to wind me up looking back lol :/)

Completely agree about 'Oh Father'. I listen to it, and though i can't relate directly to the meaning behind the song, there are so many things i take from it about my own experiences. Such a true and honest song. The 'Like A Prayer' ballads are all lovely, 'Promise to Try' being the other big beauty.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Dec 20 2014, 02:33 PM
Post #24
BuzzJack Idol

QUOTE(ClausofKubrick @ Dec 19 2014, 10:31 PM) *
laugh.gif i literally judge everyone i meet on how much they like Madonna. I threw a diva strop at one last night because he said that Nicki Minaj was more iconic than Madonna kink.gif (he was deliberately trying to wind me up looking back lol :/)

Completely agree about 'Oh Father'. I listen to it, and though i can't relate directly to the meaning behind the song, there are so many things i take from it about my own experiences. Such a true and honest song. The 'Like A Prayer' ballads are all lovely, 'Promise to Try' being the other big beauty.

Haha! laugh.gif But to be fair, that's not even something that's acceptable as a joke, never mind as a serious comment!

I think Like a Prayer was the album that confirmed Madonna as so much more than just a big pop act. It's pretty skillful to touch everyone's personal experiences in a song without just being generic about it. I think Madonna's always been at her best with these types of ballads. wub.gif

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Jan 1 2015, 01:01 PM
Post #25
BuzzJack Idol

Had a little boogie to Benny Benassi's mix of 'Celebration' last night when it surprisingly came on the TV! dance.gif Sounded so good but I don't think anyone else took much notice.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jan 1 2015, 01:03 PM
Post #26
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

Love Don't Here Anymore

Utter gorgeousness.

+Quote Post
SweetCandy
post Jan 1 2015, 02:05 PM
Post #27
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,605

Great song !!.

+Quote Post
Acoustic
post Jan 8 2015, 10:16 PM
Post #28
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 8,919

I've been playing Take a Bow a lot recently.

Madonna's vocal on this is beautiful. I love M's ballads but is one in particular has such sweet sounding vocal mixed with the harmonies.
Plus I love Babyface.

+Quote Post
Dino-2pacalypse
post Jan 17 2015, 06:29 PM
Post #29
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 781

QUOTE(Regina @ Jan 1 2015, 03:03 PM) *
Love Don't Here Anymore

Utter gorgeousness.

Which version? the 80's version of the 90's version or maybe both??

+Quote Post
post Jan 18 2015, 11:59 PM
Post #30
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

Papa Don't Preach is my all time favourite song. I listen to it almost every day. wub.gif

+Quote Post
Mike Sugafan
post Jan 19 2015, 01:48 PM
Post #31
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 945
   No Gallery Pics

Frozen. Maybe it's not her best vocally, but the music is perfection wub.gif I always get goosebumps listening to it

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Jan 19 2015, 05:31 PM
Post #32

QUOTE(Joe. @ Jan 18 2015, 11:59 PM) *
Papa Don't Preach is my all time favourite song. I listen to it almost every day. wub.gif

It's firmly in my top 3 from her now after i previously didn't rate it as highly. Had a very special meaning for me last summer as it was the song that helped push me to coming out to my mum cry.gif

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Feb 3 2015, 07:00 PM
Post #33

I am REALLY getting into 'Music' (album) this past week. I previously just used it for the singles, 'Impressive Instant' and 'Runaway Lover', but there are so many other gems creeping up on me now. She really should have released more as singles.

The biggest one to hit me is 'I Deserve It'. The fact it comes after the stupendous duo of 'Impressive Instant' and 'Runaway Lover' (two of her very best album tracks) makes that a complete 11/10 trio run.

wub.gif

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Feb 3 2015, 08:08 PM
Post #34
BuzzJack Idol

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! I went through a period last year where I was obsessed with the album too - I used to just pass it off as an album where she experimented a bit too much with auto-tune but it's so much more than that. 'I Deserve It' became one of my favourites too, along with 'Paradise' and 'Gone' - really intimate moments and they're stripped back enough to pay attention to the lyrics. I think Music now holds a place in my Top 5 Madonna albums.

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Feb 3 2015, 10:27 PM
Post #35

It's climbing up for me too. Will never be able to touch my holy trinity of 'Confessions...', 'Ray of Light' and 'True Blue' but it's top 5 for me too i think. I'm not keen on 'Paradise', it's a tad TOO jarring and i need to be in the right mood for it, but everything else is sublime. As an album it's very cohesive.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Feb 3 2015, 11:12 PM
Post #36
BuzzJack Idol

Yeah, Confessions and Ray of Light remain untouchable for me too. I'd probably Like a Prayer in my Top 5 but haven't decided what could complete it!

I agree about being in the right mood for 'Paradise' but I find myself in that mood a lot anyway! tongue.gif Sounds particularly good when chilling on a night.

+Quote Post
jark
post Feb 4 2015, 10:17 AM
Post #37
something you consider rare
Member No.: 2,990

I've also become a bigger fan of Music over the last few months. Paradise is something I have to be in the right mood for, although the Confessions version was amazing. I'm with you Bal, I Deserve It is absolutely gorgeous, one of my favourite M album tracks.

I also think Don't Tell Me is her most underrated big hit single from the post-RoL era. Those guitar chords hook me instantly.

This post has been edited by jark: Feb 4 2015, 10:19 AM

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Feb 8 2015, 06:03 PM
Post #38
BuzzJack Idol

QUOTE(jark @ Feb 4 2015, 10:17 AM) *
I also think Don't Tell Me is her most underrated big hit single from the post-RoL era. Those guitar chords hook me instantly.

Agreed. I've been appreciating it a lot more in recent times. I think the fact it's so unique in her singles discography makes it more special, but that said it's the right route of music that Madonna could/should go down again at this stage of her career.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Mar 13 2015, 05:27 PM
Post #39
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

Isaac

*.* I adore this song so much. Easily in my top 5 Madge songs. Having a Confessions sesh, actually forgot how much I adored it back when it came out, could well
rise up the ranks and overtake MDNA soon enough for me.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Mar 13 2015, 05:35 PM
Post #40
BuzzJack Idol

I got the impression you didn't like Confessions but I'm glad to be proven wrong! 'Isaac' is perhaps my favourite non-single from the album (tussle between that and 'Let It Will Be') although I don't think I always liked it. I seem to remember be put off by the foreign vocals (Wiki tells me this is Yemenite language) I've grown to appreciate them and the song is perfection musically; I particularly like that drop around the 4:40 mark.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:52 AM