BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
50 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Big Brother UK • Series 18, 4th June// Welcome to the United Kingdom of Big Brother
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post 11th May 2017, 09:48 AM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Tagline is 'Welcome to the United Kingdom of Big Brother... and everybody is welcome'. Remember that the auditions were exclusively for pairs too! There has also been another expansion of the house this time as the garden wall of the main house was knocked down.

Should be starting in about a month's time! Which double Z listers will be appearing in this series?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 11th May 2017, 09:50 AM
Post #2
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

I get they're being topical, with politics (especially surrounding the nature of the UK) never being more prevalent BUT the eye is horrible lmao. I hate all the random images it has.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 11th May 2017, 10:43 AM
Post #3
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

The main thing I want from this series (in terms of being realistic) is actual GOOD and inventive tasks. The last few series of both CBB and BBUK have really failed in that aspect and last series of the civillian version was particularly bad for tasks. Having truth tasks EVERY SINGLE DAY has zero effect, as was clear by the end of the series where they just didn't give a f*** anymore. There's only so many truths they can tell! More stuff like the Bubble task from last summer's CBB please.

I would ask for consistent nominations but that ain't happening. Its just ridiculous how one week its every one with 3 noms, the next everyone with 1 nom and the next everyone with 2 noms?! How are people supposed to play the game (which producers seem to want them to do now) when there's zero clarity.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 11th May 2017, 12:57 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

First off.. that eye is horrible. What the hell.
I also forgot this was 'Pairs', which sounds like a horrible twist. I did read an article that Nikki would do the show with Brian Dowling. Lol Nikki, I don't see that happening.

Agreed on the Twists and the Nomination Manipulation. More and More Big Brother has tried to interfere and it's not working, evident in the fact that they basically just gave up last year and cut the season short. Everything goes back to Casting and the Casting has been terrible over the last few years. The last real good housemate was probably Gina.

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 11th May 2017, 03:43 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155

IM SO HYPED.

But that eye...

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 11th May 2017, 03:52 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Fitting eye for the UKIP voter who'll probs win x

Seriously though wtf it is SO ugly laugh.gif Who approved and designed that?! It'll be good to have it back but I don't hold out much hope, as has been said they just f*** around with the basics too much. It's not exciting or interesting at all when they have twists every week, never have proper nominations and they have all these stupid tasks like who bitched about who and of course the dreaded public opinion tasks.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 11th May 2017, 04:09 PM
Post #7
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Agreed on the tasks being awful last year, but them aside, I LOVED last year's civilian series, so many watchable characters and most of the good ones actually made it far into the game (notably Jayne, Laura and Evelyn).

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 11th May 2017, 04:36 PM
Post #8
Group icon
User: 13,007

CANNOT WAIT

Eye is bad + not really here for pairs but I know i'll be hooked as ALWAYS.

Normal noms please and no MEGA CRAZY OMG twists!!1

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 11th May 2017, 04:37 PM
Post #9
Group icon
User: 13,007

I would say, can they sort out BOTS too cus that used to be essential viewing but it's just crap now sad.gif

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 11th May 2017, 06:41 PM
Post #10
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

Oh yeh BOTS has just turned awful nowadays. I miss the actual backstage aspect that it once gave but the main show overall is jyst keeping more and more secrets. Now it just basically one hour of Twitter as all it contains is people shouting over each other along with some random loony who examines peoples coughs or something.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 11th May 2017, 09:33 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

I much prefer the Celebrity series now which they do usually get right! I'll watch but I never really enjoy the civilian C5 series too much. The last one I properly enjoyed was Gina's series.

+Quote this post
Harve
post 11th May 2017, 10:48 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718

I actually really love the colour scheme of the eye. I'd love a version with the images removed.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 12th May 2017, 12:50 AM
Post #13
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

QUOTE(Harve @ May 11 2017, 11:48 PM) *
I actually really love the colour scheme of the eye. I'd love a version with the images removed.

I so agree with this, I would love the eye if it didn't have the random images scattered on it as the colour scheme is eye catching wub.gif

I loved a lot of the housemates last series but they need to make it more of a basic concept for it to be popular again laugh.gif esp the tasks. I dont care about who has said what and creating drama.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 16th May 2017, 02:58 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

It's over now but did anyone see that Mind The Age Gap show on Channel 5 last week? I am almost certain one of them will end up on BB laugh.gif There's a couple of older ones who are a bit UKIP I could imagine C5 loving for the controversy, they don't get many older HMs after all.

(basically the premise was old and young people living in a house together and they were pushed a bit to discuss stuff like politics, homosexualty, religion, with a view to educating both sides of the varying views each age group has)

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 16th May 2017, 12:42 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

I watched the first episode but it was so god awful I couldn't watch anymore. The young people were so weak and the old people were absolutely disgusting.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 19th May 2017, 02:51 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

4th June launch, which is a Sunday! They apparently want to capitalise on the general election and it's been described as a "culture clash of modern Britain" so I can see them putting like a really bad UKIP grandad in and then like a gay Polish Muslim on benefits who believes in communism laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 19th May 2017, 03:32 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(Liаm @ May 16 2017, 03:58 AM) *
It's over now but did anyone see that Mind The Age Gap show on Channel 5 last week? I am almost certain one of them will end up on BB laugh.gif There's a couple of older ones who are a bit UKIP I could imagine C5 loving for the controversy, they don't get many older HMs after all.

(basically the premise was old and young people living in a house together and they were pushed a bit to discuss stuff like politics, homosexualty, religion, with a view to educating both sides of the varying views each age group has)

I saw the first one last night. Even allowing for the fact that he retired (or was sacked) almost 20 years ago, the thought of one of them having been a police officer was frightening. His attitudes were firmly stuck in the 1950s. The fact that he is barely ten years older than I am made it even worse.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 19th May 2017, 09:56 PM
Post #18
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Bring back a similar show to BBLB with previews of tasks and with news. And not a housemate sitting on a bucking bronco answering stupid questions.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 19th May 2017, 10:28 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Yes definitely! BBLB was always a much better format, even when BOTS was Big Mouth back on Channel 4 it never tended to be as good. But now it's unwatchable :/

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 19th May 2017, 10:39 PM
Post #20
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

QUOTE(Liаm @ May 19 2017, 03:51 PM) *
4th June launch, which is a Sunday! They apparently want to capitalise on the general election and it's been described as a "culture clash of modern Britain" so I can see them putting like a really bad UKIP grandad in and then like a gay Polish Muslim on benefits who believes in communism laugh.gif

That COULD be interesting or it could go the other way and be horrible viewing. It would be a good idea to set itself apart from all the other endless reality shows that are out there now, particularly Love Island which is basically the show that Big Brother was slowly wanting to be at times and will be a big competition for it again this year.

I wonder how that will link in to the duos twist though, unless they've abandoned that because they've latched on to this new idea?

+Quote this post

50 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 11:26 PM