BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Linkin Park - One More Light, Seventh album out 19/5/17
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tombo
post 3rd August 2015, 11:30 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543

Linkin Park - One More Light
7th Studio Album
Release Date: May 19, 2017
Peaks: -

It seems so soon since their last album but this is due next year dance.gif

AW: Linkin Park seemed to have done everything lately. We have these electronic-driven collaborations with Steve, we’ve had the raw, rock energy of The Hunting Party, we’ve had the cinematic vibe of the Mall soundtrack… Where does Linkin Park go next?

MS: Creatively, we go wherever the music takes us. I’m really happy with the reaction from The Hunting Party, and I think we’re ready to move somewhere new on the next album, which will be coming next year. As usual, we’re also finding other ways to use our creative energy—most notably with a venture capital fund, to invest in and support consumer-facing tech companies we believe in. Technology has always played an integral role in the way we make music, bring it to the stage, and connect with fans, not to mention the way we simply live everyday life. So getting into deeper relationships with the technology community, collaborating and supporting brilliant young minds who want to change the world, that’s something we’re very passionate about right now.

FULL INTERVIEW

http://www.altwire.net/2015/05/04/qa-with-mike-shinoda/

This post has been edited by WhoOdyssey: 21st February 2024, 12:50 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 3rd August 2015, 11:32 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

Ooh amazing stuff. I saw them live in London last year and they were incredible. I haven't really liked enough of their recent outputs to get HUGELY excited for newer stuff. Hopefully it's more like Final masqeurade/Rebeliion/Burn It Down than The Catalyst. and if so hopefully I can be pleasantly proven wrong~

This post has been edited by Rob S~: 3rd August 2015, 11:34 AM

+Quote this post
bigquest
post 24th August 2015, 10:34 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 17,875

Actually like some of there stuff.
(Little things always remind me) was great

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 19th April 2017, 10:34 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I am loving all of the singles so far this era. It is an exciting new sound and I am here for it.

+Quote this post
All★bySmashMouth
post 19th April 2017, 10:56 AM
Post #5
Group icon
former insolent era FM11
Pronouns: he
User: 7,795

Enjoying the new songs leading up to the release. They still excite me to this day.

I don't know though what to expect for the rest of the album. I mean I'm expecting the opposite of 'The Hunting Party' but at the same time not all songs are going to be "mellow" or something, right? unsure.gif

Mike's rhyming of "killing it" with "idiot" in 'Good Goodbye' was kinda amusing. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 25th April 2017, 07:55 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

All of their albums have been great. Even if I don't initially like thme, I end up really enjoying them. Living Things I wasn't keen on at first but Skin To Bone and Lies Greed Misery are awesome tracks.

This era is very exciting, it is very different to The Hunting Party so it will be interesting to see how it all shapes up.

+Quote this post
sandyjoe
post 25th April 2017, 09:39 AM
Post #7
Group icon
New Entry
User: 29,770

I am so excited for new album. I saw this album on YouTube.

+Quote this post
atrilliondollars
post 4th May 2017, 07:20 AM
Post #8
Group icon
New Entry
User: 30,252

Heavy was a solid track...but haven't liked anything else so far. This band peaked with Meteora IMO

+Quote this post
p a v
post 20th May 2017, 05:06 AM
Post #9
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Wow this album is so unbelievably boring. It's not bad but sitting through 10 something songs which are essentially the same is a f***ing torture.

+Quote this post
TMD_24Quavo
post 22nd May 2017, 06:56 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Radio 1 Enthusiast
User: 23,440

Oh dear....

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a8288...cise-pop-style/

So, erm, Linkin Park's lead singer really doesn't like it if you criticise the band's new pop-oriented direction.

In a rather abrasive interview, Chester Bennington hit out at those who accused the band of cynically selling out on new record One More Light, even threatening to "punch" and "kill" them. Nice.

"Either you like the song or you don't and if you don't like the song because you hear it and on a kneejerk reaction it's like, 'Oh it doesn't have metal in it so I don't like it,' that's fine, like, whatever," he told Kerrang!

"But if you're gonna be the person who says like, 'They made a marketing decision to make this kind of record to make money,' you can f**king meet me outside and I will punch you in your f**king mouth because that is the wrong f**king answer."

Yeesh.

He continued: "Because guess what, calling us a sell-out for that purpose is… selling out on your f**king excuse as to why you don't like it. You're a f**king pussy.

"For any band to take musical risks because you like what you're doing in spite of what you know some people will say they don't like, it doesn't matter if they like it or not – what matters is that you took the chance to do something that you felt was important to you and that's what being an artist is all about."

Speaking of doing third album Minutes to Midnight, Chester added: "This was a conversation we literally had, 'This could end our career.' We all had that real honest conversation like, 'Look, I know we're doing this because this is what we love and we really, really... this is important to us.

"This could honestly be like the worst decision we've ever made professionally. Creatively probably the best thing, professionally it might be the worst. We were like, 'We're good with that. We can live with that.'"

Addressing those that doubt them, the singer said: "When you make it personal, like a personal attack against who we are as people, like dude shut up. That means that I can actually have feelings about it and most of the time my feelings are I want to kill you."

One More Light is out now, so you can decide for yourselves.

+Quote this post
Inna Selez
post 20th July 2017, 07:25 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 23,143

I haven't words... Linkin Park's Chester Bennington Dead at 41

+Quote this post
danG
post 20th July 2017, 07:29 PM
Post #12
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

The band released this music video today just hours before the news of Chester's death.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 20th July 2017, 07:50 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Once again, some more sad news. RIP and condolences to his family and friends.

+Quote this post
Frank!
post 20th July 2017, 08:03 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 761

I was (and still am) so shocked about this news. What a loss... My thoughts go out to his friends and family - especially his children. RIP

+Quote this post
Adelina555
post 22nd July 2017, 05:47 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 34,634

I'm really shocked the third day. How he can did this? I am so sad about his children.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 12th September 2017, 10:12 AM
Post #16
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to listen to them in the same way again but, I've listened to this album a few times now and I'm really enjoying it. 'Talking To Myself' is really up there in my affections right now. I only found out yesterday, that he wrote that from his wife's perspective as he battled his demons! </3

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 18th September 2017, 07:16 PM
Post #17
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Lovely and fitting tribute. cry.gif

+Quote this post
Inna Selez
post 30th October 2017, 05:51 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

STEVE AOKI DROPS LINKIN PARK REMIX FOR “ONE MORE LIGHT” DEDICATED TO CHESTER BENNINGTON

+Quote this post
Inna Selez
post 16th November 2017, 07:00 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Linkin Park will release a live album titled One More Light Live, the band’s final live album to feature the late Chester Bennington.

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 10th March 2018, 07:54 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

This is such an amazing album, the lyrics have all taken on a new meaning now, particularly Heavy. I relate so much to that song

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 11:29 AM