BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RATE RESULTS: Paramore - After Laughter, starting v v soon
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Linds.
post Jul 14 2017, 06:35 PM
Post #1
laugh 'til we cry
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,176

Sorry for the slight delay folks, but FULL results will be coming tonight! If you need a quick reminder of the tracks y'all rated then check out the links below, I will post my first lot of results in like ten minutes and I'm ready to fire them straight out so the more of you that reply, the quicker I will go wink.gif

What song do you think has won and which has flopped? The latter may be more obvious kink.gif

Hard Times
Rose-Coloured Boy
Told You So
Forgiveness
Fake Happy
Pool
Grudges
Caught In The Middle
Idle Worship
No Friend
Tell Me How

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 14 2017, 06:37 PM
Post #2
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Fake Happy to win

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Jul 14 2017, 06:43 PM
Post #3
laugh 'til we cry

Thanks for the reply liam, have a result xxx

12TH | | | NO FRIEND | | | 4.714

It seems No Friend has made no friends of its own kink.gif Maybe it's just a bit too 'weird' for what Paramore fans usually expect? Maybe we just miss Hayley's vocal too much as it's Aaron Weiss of Mewithoutyou (a band Paramore are v close friends/fans of) we barely hear here. The lyrics are also really low in the mix, which is completely intentional apparently (they said in a recent interview) but it doesn't make for easy listening unfortunately. On the plus side, for me at least, it's gone from something I regularly skip to something I actually don't mind too much ohmy.gif The instrumentation is pretty cool tho, maybe this will grow on us more but for now it will have to do with the lowest average any Paramore song has ever received in any of these site rates :')

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Jul 14 2017, 06:51 PM
Post #4
The Lady Said Go Home!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

I am not shocked at all that is last place defo my least favourite on the album

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Jul 14 2017, 06:51 PM
Post #5
laugh 'til we cry

f*** it have another pls respond

11TH | | | GRUDGES | | | 7.964

This lil bop comes in at 11th which seems like an under performance but on an album this good (I mean, look at the average of our apparent "second worst" song), anything is going to look that way. Grudges is about Hayley reconnecting with drummer Zac Farro again after he left the band with his brother in 2010 to pursue a solo career under HalfNoise. Thankfully, Zac rejoined the band for After Laughter and you can even hear his vocals on this track too, which is a nice touch given the subject! This is one of the few happy songs that appear on the album and I think you feel that even more if you've been a fan for a long time and know the history of the band and the meaning behind this track happy.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 14 2017, 06:56 PM
Post #6
Brown cow, stunning!

No Friends is awful, I just don't know why they bothered putting it on the album laugh.gif I guess it's just an interlude but there aren't other interludes and it's at the end so it just feels a bit pointless.

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Jul 14 2017, 06:58 PM
Post #7
The Lady Said Go Home!

I think Grudges is a nice song but more like a grower for me

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Jul 14 2017, 06:58 PM
Post #8
laugh 'til we cry

10TH | | | CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE | | | 8.142

Like most of this album the lyrics are DARK like, the first line you hear is "I can't think of getting old, it only makes me want to die" but it's hella upbeat and you just want to dance the depression away smile.gif This song is really about Hayley thinking about whether she wants to continue with Paramore as she did genuinely consider quitting, but thankfully she did not!!! But yea it's got very relatable lyrics just in terms of trying to find the motivation to move forward or feeling sort of lost in what you want to be doing.

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Jul 14 2017, 07:04 PM
Post #9
laugh 'til we cry

THANKS TO ALL TWO OF YOU WHO CARE!!!

9TH | | | TELL ME HOW | | | 8.179

This is the one track I'm screaming DESERVED BETTER!! I think that's just because out of the whole album, the lyrics of this hit me like a ton of bricks personally but I can see why it hasn't grabbed a lot of you as much as the songs above it. It's very chill, it's not got that upbeat, dancey vibe most of the album has as it's really just Hayley and a Piano for the most part. Can we just take note of "of all the weapons you fight with, your silence is the most violent" tho, like *praise emoji* Idk, I just love this a lot and is probably the song that's grown on me most from my first listen. I think most people have been in a situation where you've got to either decide to put your all into a relationship/friendship or just withdraw completely and I think that this song captures that really well. I always just presumed this was about Jeremy (their bassist that left) but maybe it's about Hayley's husband Chad (who she's now split with sad.gif)

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Jul 14 2017, 07:14 PM
Post #10
laugh 'til we cry

8TH | | | 26 | | | 8.214

omg y'all really don't appreciate Paramore's slower songs, again it's the lyrics in this that just kill me. This has a similar vibe to Self-Titled's Last Hope in that it's about Hope :') It's just about hanging on really, 'they say that dreaming is free, but I wouldn't care what it costs me' just emphasises how important it is not to forget about the things you want to achieve, no matter what. It's got a bit of a contrast to Brick By Boring Brick (2009) where Hayley talks about keeping yourself grounded etc but now she's older she realises that's not so important when it comes to following your dreams. Can I just say, you all NEED to watch this live performance of it, I'm gutted it wasn't on their setlist when I saw them but that video there was the first time they did it live and you can just see how emotional it is laugh.gif Paramore acoustics are everything tbh >>>>

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Jul 14 2017, 07:19 PM
Post #11
c:
Member No.: 20,692

I don't really remember most of the album tracks tbh cause I ended up not going back to the album a lot but basically Idle Worship & Hard Times for top two plssss cheer.gif

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Jul 14 2017, 07:20 PM
Post #12
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

No Friend is really interesting, not the best Paramore song by any means but a nice change of pace.

26 really hasn't hit me yet, probably a track I need a few years to get to appreciate.

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Jul 14 2017, 07:22 PM
Post #13
laugh 'til we cry

7TH | | | POOL | | | 8.393

OMG POOL!!!! It's the love song of the album that comes in 7th BUT It's the type of love song that doesn't paint it as all sunshine and roses and really reflects that a good relationship is about mutual effort and not giving up on each other which is nice because it's hella honest etc. The melody of this song was actually the first one to be written, Taylor started it before they got Zac back on board and then Zac helped to finish it *.* Hayley was determined to turn it into a love song though but put a slightly dark spin on it by using the water as a metaphor for how she feels, y'know it's overwhelming and there are uncertainties and has the potential to drown her...

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Jul 14 2017, 07:27 PM
Post #14
The Lady Said Go Home!

Pool is the first one for me that is a loss tbh

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Jul 14 2017, 07:28 PM
Post #15
laugh 'til we cry

6TH | | | FORGIVENESS | | | 8.714

6th we've got Forgiveness! This was one of their encore songs when I saw them, which was a surprising choice imo but again, it's a topic that so many of us can relate to. "Forgiving is not forgetting" being the sorta stand out lyric for me. Again, this is a song that could either be interpreted as being about the relationship she has with ex-band members or her ex-partner. I've always just pictured this to be about Jeremy, I mean the guy didn't just leave the band he tried to sue them as well :') I personally like this because it does really stress that there's a difference between forgiving and forgetting and it's okay if you're not ready to forgive something (yet). It's got a lot of interesting melodies going on too.

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Jul 14 2017, 07:31 PM
Post #16
The Lady Said Go Home!

Forgiveness is one of the most great lyrical contents on the album wub.gif

+Quote Post
TNSEL AND WIRED™
post Jul 14 2017, 07:34 PM
Post #17
controversial biege i mean relic of buzzjack
Member No.: 21,005

Oh nice, Pool didn't drown at the deep end as much as I thought! biggrin.gif I imagine my 11 helped with that tho angel.gif

Caught In The Middle could've been higher tbh but otherwise results going well cheer.gif

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Jul 14 2017, 07:35 PM
Post #18
laugh 'til we cry

5th | | | TOLD YOU SO | | | 8.786

The second single from the album places 5th! Zac actually directed the video for this one which is cool, they're mostly driving in a car and that idea apparently came from Zac noticing that Hayley is a lot more at peace and happier when she's driving and that's where she came up with a lot of the album ideas so he wanted to conceptualise a video around that. It's also the one they've been opening with on tour and tbh I appreciate it more because I now tie it to that. I think the meaning of this is pretty obvious, things being more difficult because you have people watching your every move and are ready to point out when you make a mistake asap and all the pressures that come with that.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 14 2017, 07:40 PM
Post #19
Brown cow, stunning!

26 should deffo be higher sad.gif

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Jul 14 2017, 07:41 PM
Post #20
laugh 'til we cry

4TH | | | ROSE-COLOURED BOY | | | 8.821

This is definitely the most infectious and poppy song on the album I think. There's so much sass in the lyrics as well which I LOVE. It's basically talking about how Hayley is no longer this optimistic person but this guy she's talking about can see the best in things and everything is positive to him so it's as though his life is going a bit more smoothly than hers because of that, but Hayley is talking about how she's not going to be positive for the sake of it, she "ain't gon' smile if she don't want to" etc (a theme you will see in Fake Happy wink.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:16 AM