BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Paramore - This Is Why, 28/9/22
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
WhoOdyssey
post Mar 2 2019, 10:39 PM
Post #1
A dead mouse (from my cat)
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 67,771

What better way to kick of the Paramore forum than looking to the band's future!

I'm expecting an album not too far off After Laughter, but perhaps more synths this time. Similar to Pale Waves. I really hope they don't go full pop like Panic!

Hopefully we don't have to wait too long...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jacob-
post Mar 3 2019, 12:51 AM
Post #2
Jacob Alan~
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

They could go anywhere really, not going to lie I miss their RIOT!/ Brand New Eyes sound but I guess in some ways it was of its time. After Laughter was incredible and they've got to make what feels natural to them now, would be cool to see something heavier though, and I don't necessarily mean guitars- heavy sounding/ experimental synths would do.

After Laughter was more poppy overall but it was still experimental for them in some ways with tracks like No Friend. Half expecting them to go even more poppy, half expecting a complete diversion into experimental who knows what or maybe even a return to roots. Keeping an eye on HalfNoise as well could indicate what Zack's influence might be in terms of writing because he only rejoined the band during the production of AL.

+Quote Post
Envoirment
post Mar 3 2019, 01:02 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,030
   No Gallery Pics

I'm happy with whatever direction they want to take, but wouldn't mind if they went back to their RIOT! sound. I kind of miss the egde they had. Perhaps more so nostalgia than anything as I used to listen to them so much when I was in secondary school.

Considering their last two albums saw a gap of 4 years between their release and that their tour finished in September 2018, I don't think we'll be getting an album until 2020 at the earliest.

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Mar 3 2019, 01:02 AM
Post #4
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

I'm expecting a bob for Hayley, (or maybe actual short hair...we can dream) and some influence of Chvrches, as they've worked together and Chvrches last album sounded very influenced by Hayley.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them carry the sound over from the last one but embrace some electronic elements, similar to what Imagine Dragons and Bring Me the Horizon have done.

I would be a little surprised but would also hazard an off-chance of them doing some Tegan and Sara style pop, so still kinda alternativey but leaning into a 'we're adults now and if we do pop its making pop cool' kinda vibe.

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Mar 3 2019, 01:33 AM
Post #5
laugh 'til we cry
Member No.: 21,176

the great thing about what they're doing now is that it's completely unpredictable, they could turn out a full blown country album or something extremely experimental

i was thinking about this recently and a lot of people always think their sound has completely changed each time they sonically progress but if you look at their singles club EP (the first thing they released without josh and zac), in the mourning sticks out as the odd one out bc it is kinda country and very chilled and acoustic but you see a lot of that style in the interludes in their self-titled. Then you have the big pop bops in still into you and ain't it fun - the latter being really rythmic and influenced by so many different styles and then that brings us onto after laughter which is also very rhythmic, lots of different instrumental parts going on in literally all of their songs. my fear is that they take no friend as the sort of style to build their next album off of because its the most different - i dont know how i'd feel about that tbh laugh.gif

i end up loving whatever they come out with anyway and I don't dislike no friend per say, it's just my least favourite song they've ever done kink.gif

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Mar 3 2019, 04:50 AM
Post #6
rip in peace Dickston
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

I’d be happy with anything tbh, if they went more electronic pop I’m sure they’d have a way to avoid sounding too commercial or trend chasing (not they they would be, just that’s how critics would see it).

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Mar 3 2019, 04:59 AM
Post #7
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Kehlindsey @ Mar 2 2019, 05:33 PM) *
in the mourning sticks out as the odd one out bc it is kinda country and very chilled and acoustic but you see a lot of that style in the interludes in their self-titled.
Or the intro to Fake Happy tongue.gif

Omg imagine if Album 6 was a lot darker in comparison, like Reputation was with Taylor. Like very rhythmic but somewhat harsher, like it was on the borderline of AL and BNE.

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Mar 3 2019, 11:02 AM
Post #8
laugh 'til we cry

now that I would be here for *.*

I feel like they probs won't go as dark with their lyrics for a while tho as they all do seem so much happier these days

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Mar 3 2019, 11:39 AM
Post #9
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

I would expect them to come out with something that's thematically about some emotional times, After Laughter was quite the upbeat, inclusive album and I can see them wanting to do something a bit more personal to them. Sound-wise, I'd agree that heading towards electronic and CHVRCHES-esque seems quite likely but with their own twist to it.

For myself, I would just love some edge back to the music and a greater sense of identity. My problem with After Laughter wasn't that it wasn't technically good, or that it was pop, but it did firstly stray a little close to sounding less unique, and not REALLY pushing the boundaries of raw emotion that is so apparent on Riot/Brand New Eyes, or the ferocity/emotion still apparent on the different sides of the self-titled. It's good, but they can do better.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Mar 3 2019, 11:42 AM
Post #10
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Kehlindsey @ Mar 3 2019, 11:02 AM) *
now that I would be here for *.*

I feel like they probs won't go as dark with their lyrics for a while tho as they all do seem so much happier these days

Ha, that completely contradicts what I was saying. You're probably right, but maybe they will channel their darker feelings away into their creative side.

that's how my creative process works so I'm probably just projecting

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Mar 3 2019, 11:45 AM
Post #11
laugh 'til we cry

omg I'd argue that after laughter is their most personal and emotional album yet?? it's literally all about Hayley's struggle with her mental health and her relationship etc, its just relatable in the sense so many people have the same sort of issues with depression and anxiety etc and I don't think it lacks edge either, sure it's not as rocky but the contrast between the really dark lyrics and the upbeat rhythms is what does that for me. I can't think of an album like it either so it is defo unique as well without it not sounding like them.

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Mar 3 2019, 11:46 AM
Post #12
laugh 'til we cry

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Mar 3 2019, 11:42 AM) *
Ha, that completely contradicts what I was saying. You're probably right, but maybe they will channel their darker feelings away into their creative side.

that's how my creative process works so I'm probably just projecting

omg our views could not be more different on this hahaha

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 3 2019, 12:00 PM
Post #13
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Omg I'd be so here for more of the acoustic/country hints we got on self titled, Hayley has one of those voices that could easily sell that and make it amazing, not just anyone can. It might not be for everyone and as accessible as AL but I think her voice is perfect for it. Although you could say that about most genres, her voice is the reason they can shift to so many genres without losing their heart, they could probs do jazz or sth and she'd still work it (but no thanks x).

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Mar 3 2019, 01:28 PM
Post #14
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Kehlindsey @ Mar 3 2019, 11:45 AM) *
omg I'd argue that after laughter is their most personal and emotional album yet?? it's literally all about Hayley's struggle with her mental health and her relationship etc, its just relatable in the sense so many people have the same sort of issues with depression and anxiety etc and I don't think it lacks edge either, sure it's not as rocky but the contrast between the really dark lyrics and the upbeat rhythms is what does that for me. I can't think of an album like it either so it is defo unique as well without it not sounding like them.

I'm not necessarily right, but emotionally I did not connect with it as I did the other albums and the lyrical dissonance didn't really work for me, because they're a band that I want to feel all the emotions with. So when I think emotional Paramore album, I think of something where the lyrical feel really matches the music. I certainly think the lyrics on After Laughter are good quality, but coupled with the pop... Say like Hard Times, I'd be ready for a Paramore song called that to be emotionally straining and draining in sound, not bouncy and fluffy.

Like I felt enthusiasm and angst on Riot through both sound and lyrics and the same on the other albums, varying by era. When faced with who they are and who I want them to be, I felt let down by how the package coming together didn't work for me.

+Quote Post
John-James
post Mar 3 2019, 02:55 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 20,665

I'd quite like them to move back in the rock direction and do something like PVRIS' recent albums. I wouldn't mind if they went more pop though, especially if it was synth-pop

+Quote Post
Jacob-
post Mar 5 2019, 12:44 AM
Post #16
Jacob Alan~
   No Gallery Pics

Iz I get where you're coming from, I miss their old sound too but do you think it might just be because Hard Times was the lead single and that set the tone a bit for you? No Friend and Tell Me How are examples that still really deliver in terms of lyrical and musical cohesivity. Personally I think Hard Times is great but then I'm a sucker for juxtaposed emotions in lyrics and music. Fake Happy is such an amazing track, Rose Coloured Boy/ Told You So are bops, 26 just gets me in a The Only Exception kind of way only more mature, Tell Me How is also an emotional killer. AL isn't my favourite from them but I think it was the perfect album for them to release in 2017 at that stage in their career.
QUOTE(Kehlindsey @ Mar 3 2019, 01:33 AM) *
i end up loving whatever they come out with anyway and I don't dislike no friend per say, it's just my least favourite song they've ever done kink.gif
Interestingly No Friend really grew on me, especially after getting into mewithoutyou. I love the bassline and the emotion in Aaron's voice, it's up there with one of my favourites on the album having at first being one I was a bit wtf over, seeing it live helped a lot too.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Mar 5 2019, 03:03 AM
Post #17
   No Gallery Pics

It was more Told You So that set the tone if anything, once is a fluke, two is a pattern magic.gif And Told You So is just bad. Hard Times is okay. But Told You So is awful and it soured me on how I was going to find the album.

I LOVE Fake Happy and Rose-Coloured Boy but they do feel significantly different from the Paramore I fell in love with and I wasn't into that becoming their sound for an entire era.

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Mar 5 2019, 03:18 AM
Post #18
laugh 'til we cry

omg how do i ban iz from this forum

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Mar 5 2019, 03:28 AM
Post #19
   No Gallery Pics

biggrin.gif

you can never, my paramore opinions will stand as long as this forum stands

+Quote Post
Jacob-
post Mar 5 2019, 12:06 PM
Post #20
Jacob Alan~
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Mar 5 2019, 03:03 AM) *
It was more Told You So that set the tone if anything, once is a fluke, two is a pattern magic.gif And Told You So is just bad. Hard Times is okay. But Told You So is awful and it soured me on how I was going to find the album.

I LOVE Fake Happy and Rose-Coloured Boy but they do feel significantly different from the Paramore I fell in love with and I wasn't into that becoming their sound for an entire era.
You're disowned. x

Told You So is so good, I ADORE the guitar line in that. The rhythm is so interesting in that song, the drum pattern is so cool with the starts and stops. It has a real funky feel which maybe I've always had a thing for and you haven't idk which is fair enough but u still wrong. x

You still proved my point tho- you didn't give the album as much of a chance as you might've because of a single which is still just 1/12 of the album (or even 2/12 if you're half including Hard Times). I don't think singles should hold that much power. Each to their own but I think you just don't like change. xx

It's not the Paramore I fell in love with either and I've said it before in many ways I want another RIOT! too but all artists have to change and the music they make will only be good if they're making what they're interested in. I'm not going to compare myself directly to Paramore because I'm not on their level haha but 3 years ago I was making music with acoustic guitars with a vague idea that I wanted to be in a traditional setup (guitar, bass, drums) band- also dabbled in that a bit as a vocalist. Now after lots of experimentation I make heavy screwed up industrial/ electronic stuff with a rocky influence (or synthwave stuff depending on my mood x) and find that the idea of being restricted to those sounds (band setup or acoustic) wouldn't stay interesting for me. Point is if you're not inspired to make it, it won't be good if you do.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:13 AM