BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 'Misery Business' ● 12 Years
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Mack.
post Mar 4 2019, 02:19 PM
Post #1
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

It is near 12 years since 'Misery Business' was first released in the UK

It just charted in the UK at #31 back in 2007 and was then re-released in February 2008 where it peaked at #17.

What are your views on this now?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Mar 4 2019, 02:59 PM
Post #2
laugh 'til we cry
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,176

this is still so anthemic, it's a shame they've cut it from their live set but i do understand that they must get tired of it - pretty much every paramore show since this was released has been closed with this, or it's at least been in the set as well but it's always a fan favourite as they usually get fans on stage to sing/play guitar for it. I'm hoping they make one of their newer songs that sort of live song as their gigs are always gonna feel like it's missing something. It's the same with Pressure, that used to be a staple as they'd do the "pressure flip" live where their old bassist would do a back flip over one of the guitarists whilst still playing but of course that stopped eventually once the line-up changed sad.gif

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Mar 4 2019, 03:25 PM
Post #3
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

Thankfully they still did it live when I saw them, and that was probably my favourite moment of that night.

Apparently they aren't performing it live anymore because of this lyric:
Once a whore you’re nothing more, I’m sorry, that’ll never change.’

Which I understand because they are very much not a band who'd want to encourage a lyric like that but it's a shame because in the context of the song directed against a specific target it flows really well... and if necessary they could just have adjusted the lyric easily, hence I feel that you are right Lindsey in that they probably just want to rest it so that they can bring it back (with lyric changed) to glorious fanfare.

Because ultimately it's one of the best in their discography, and always has been. I've overplayed it to be perfectly honest but it really established the attitude of early Paramore and it's just rather glorious emo no matter the time and place. The band may have moved beyond it but it's a key part of their history.

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Mar 4 2019, 03:30 PM
Post #4
laugh 'til we cry
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,176

tbh i don't even know if it's just that lyrics thats the issue or if they just feel quite disconnected to the song in general, Hayley's said they're not the same people they were when they wrote that so it's probably just that, which I get. Hayley got so much backlash for that lyric when she wrote it when she was in high school, yet even bands like panic of the disco use similar terminology in their songs and nobody bats an eyelid rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:08 AM