BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BUZZFESTIVALEN 2015 - Deltävling 3, HEYA NA HEY
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Iz 🌟
post 24th March 2015, 07:02 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Heat 3, boys and straights. The point where Melodifestivalen really started to get good, as this birthed several highlights of the contest this year, as well as a couple we'd rather soon forget.

Please send your votes to me, that is 'Iz~' by Sunday 29th March 23:59 to take part in the intense battle as we discover who is Buzzjack's more loved Andreas. It's exciting, you'll want to be there.

Anyway, the seven songs in this heat, I hope these are the right Youtube links because currently I have no laptop audio to check them on:

Melodi 1 | Ellen Benediktson - Insomnia

While Songbird last year was a great exercise in being lovely, clearly it was all too twee for Ellen, who came back this year looking both cooler and hotter (yes, that is correct) by way of attempting to slut it up in a reasonably faux-gothic style that turned into semi-futuristic for the performace, accompanied by a building pop track that could well be Euphoria's more experimental sister if you thought about it. Probably the first result of the year to not go the traditional Buzzjack way, so this could be a contender. Perhaps?

Melodi 2 | Kalle Johansson - För din skull

Look, I don't remember how this goes at all. One to make up the numbers for me, but I do have an inkling that it was rather nice for what it was. I will have to listen again.

Melodi 3 | Andreas Weise - Bring Out The Fire

Still can't stand him. His track is somewhat bearable without him, he could be a wildcard for us here? The struggle of remaining civil and invested in these commentaries is quite real.

Melodi 4 | Andreas Johnson - Living To Die

The biggest test of this heat, can everyone's unfavourite Melodi pest avoid the same fate he befell in the real thing. It's at least an improvement on his last entry, in any case.

Melodi 5 | ISA - Don't Stop

What a performer... what a great little cute slice of pop, what an original song to bring to the Melodifestivalen stage, call her lawyers Houdini, they've managed to escape Swifty's trap of trademarking the lyrics of Shake It Off by simply changing them a bit, and not changing the tune. Yeah, this is probably a significant threat to challengers in this heat, but then so are the next two.

Melodi 6 | Kristin Amparo - I See You

A technically near perfect ballad, balanced at just the right amount of bombastic-ness, from a singer who'd previously made her name by featuring on trashy dance hits. The big turnaround into a credible package was noted and this is probably one of the more loved hits that didn't make it to the final in the end. Will she suffer through AC again or can she make it to the final?

Melodi 7 | Jon Henrik Fjällgren - Jag är fri (Manne Leam Frijje)

The year's most divisive entry by a long way, most people had it either near the very top or the very bottom of their rankings, and for me it's emerged as my clear favourite from this year, so watch out for me fixing this heat to get this to the final. A beautiful, cultural appropriation of the Sami joiking and turning it into a chant reminiscent of the Lion King, one thing I can't call in this heat is how well this will actually do (just like our theorising about it at Eurovision, which we'll now never find out about </3), so it's all up to you to vote for it. Or not. If you're one of THOSE people.

Quick text list:
Melodi 1 | Ellen Benediktson - Insomnia
Melodi 2 | Kalle Johansson - För din skull
Melodi 3 | Andreas Weise - Bring Out The Fire
Melodi 4 | Andreas Johnson - Living To Die
Melodi 5 | ISA - Don't Stop
Melodi 6 | Kristin Amparo - I See You
Melodi 7 | Jon Henrik Fjällgren - Jag är fri (Manne Leam Frijje)

And remember, we vote like this:

12 - best melodi
00 - worst melodi

START VOTING!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
LexC
post 24th March 2015, 07:16 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342

Votes be sent.

I'd like to think the top 4 in this heat is pretty clear but the order of those songs could go any way.

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 24th March 2015, 07:52 PM
Post #3
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

It doesn't count as appropriation given Jon Henrik was raised as Sámi!

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 24th March 2015, 11:28 PM
Post #4
Group icon

I think I was using my words flippantly. But fair enough.

And yes, I'm really interested to add this up and see the 4-way grudge match that's no doubt going to be going on.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 25th March 2015, 12:02 AM
Post #5
Group icon

Oh I had forgotten how superbly decent Kalle was. I'm not expecting it to do a thing here but it's certainly better than the Andreas's.

And I realised when loading up my spreadsheet from last year to quickly get the format back that I've hosted both of Ellen's heats in Buzzfestivalen.<3 I didn't even plan that but I'm now calling myself the Ellen stan (votes pending).

+Quote this post
Thom Spirit Kay
post 25th March 2015, 09:59 AM
Post #6
Group icon
eat hot chip, be homosexual
User: 6,946

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Mar 25 2015, 12:02 AM) *
And I realised when loading up my spreadsheet from last year to quickly get the format back that I've hosted both of Ellen's heats in Buzzfestivalen.<3 I didn't even plan that but I'm now calling myself the Ellen stan (votes pending).

MÖT MIG I ELLEN STAN yahoo.gif

Anyhoo voted. Worst heat by miles for me tbh.

+Quote this post
Vülker
post 25th March 2015, 11:42 AM
Post #7
Group icon
üüü barracüda
User: 10,222

Voted.

Watch as my top 2 fights between each other for that last AC spot. Who am I kidding? No chance in hell for my 12 pointer... sad.gif

Apart from that yeah, despise or actively ignore the other 5 tracks so not a very good heat this one.
Bring on Deltävling 4's bloodbath of greatness!

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 26th March 2015, 02:18 PM
Post #8
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

I can't tell what order this will go in, I feel like the finalists might be the same as in the actual contest. But then I'm not sure quite how popular Kristin or Ellen are with their tracks.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 28th March 2015, 02:22 PM
Post #9
Group icon

Thank you to:

LexC
Qassandra
Robot
Tom Kay
Vulker
Johnkm
AdamAloud
Conderella
O Mie

for all sending me PMs so far. If you're reading this and you're not on that list, I would very much appreciate more votes.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 29th March 2015, 07:01 PM
Post #10
Group icon

Last call for votes! (looking at you, Rich and Liam)

I will present results tomorrow evening and will accept any extra votes up until then.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 01:50 AM