BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jupiter 2018: Week #6, don't call me nice // + links + writeup
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post Feb 13 2018, 02:06 AM
Post #1
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

After an unprecedented six weeks already in the chart, in their seventh week, MGMT ascend to the top spot with When You Die, the second single and first charter from long-awaited comeback album Little Dark Age. It's the first song on my charts to hang about so long before peaking, as well as the first track to rise to #1 after more than four charting weeks. The track additionally becomes the second, or possibly third unexpected #1 in a row in my charts as like Ride and Eat the Rich before it, a late surge saw it steam past tracks I expected the previous week to come out on top. Both those tracks are still hanging in there this week; Eat the Rich slips to #2 and Ride all the way down to #19 in its sixth charting week. Paloma and Troye hang on in the top 5 and are joined by Ryan Riback and Iselin's shimmering Do You Care which ascends from last week's #8.

Not much change in the top 10 this week; Liam and Rita squeak back in after a week off, while Kimbra's Human ascends from #19 to become her second top ten of the year and third total along with 2015's Teen Heat. Highest new entry this week comes for a second week in a row at #16, this time it's Chvrches' return with the pop punk influenced Get Out. Other brand newies this week come from Pink soundalike Rhys, Hazers, London Grammar, Allie X, Aron, Gun, G-Eazy, Punctual and Fabienne, The Him, Future Islands, Doja Cat, and a belated entry for Post Malone with a track that I didn't feel around Christmastime at all, but sounds way better in February. Somehow.

New entries will be linked a bit later on in the week to save you hunting for them, so check back to see those, and feel free to peek at my (linked) weekly playlists in the meantime.

And with all that out of the way, here's this second week of February's top 40 list:

01 MGMT - When You Die [39-37-37-7-7-5-1]
02 Simian Ghost - Eat The Rich [15-5-1-2]
03 Ryan Riback ft. Iselin - Do You Care [25-8-3]
04 Paloma Faith - Kings and Queens [28-9-2-4]
05 Troye Sivan - My My My [13-8-3-5]
06 Pink - Secrets [12-4-6]
07 Kimbra - Human [19-7]
08 Hunter and Tara - Believe Me [10-6-8]
09 Liam Payne & Rita Ora - For You (Fifty Shades Freed) [5-4-11-9]
10 Justin Timberlake - Supplies [30-10-10]
11 Carmody - Like That [16-11]
12 Taylor Swift ft. Future + Ed Sheeran - End Game [33-15-9-12]
13 Maroon 5 - Wait [27-13]
14 Ariel Beesley - Slower than Usual [20-14]
15 Odesza ft. Leon Bridges - Across the Room [38-X7-40-16-12-15]
16 Chvrches - Get Out [N]
17 Rhys - Maybe I Will Learn [N]
18 Amanda Delara - We Don't Run from Anyone [33-14-18]
19 Femme En Fourrure ft. Pykari - Ride [34-3-1-1-7-19]
20 Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie - Lay Down For Free [18-18-20]
21 London Grammar - Different Breeds [N]
22 Skott - Stay Off My Mind [39-X1-22-22]
23 Hazers - Drive [N]
24 St Albion ft. Max Frost - Ghosting [24-24]
25 Neon Trees - Feel Good [31-31-25]
26 Joseph & Maia - NYC [23-26]
27 Fall Out Boy - Wilson (Expensive Mistakes) [21-27]
28 Aron - Higher Ground [N]
29 George Maple - Kryptonite [33-29]
30 Jessie Ware - Midnight [30-30]
31 Allie X - Vintage [N]
32 Post Malone ft. 21 Savage - Rockstar [N]
33 Punctual & Fabienne - Real [N]
34 Future Islands - North Star [N]
35 Gun - Boy Who Fooled the World [N]
36 G-Eazy ft. Kehlani - Crash & Burn [N]
37 The Him - White Lies [N]
38 Embrace - The Finish Line [34-38]
39 Doja Cat - Roll With Us [N]
40 Tritonal ft. Sj + Tima Dee - Calabasas [39-40]

#1s this year:
Inna – Nirvana (1)
Eminem ft. Ed Sheeran – River (1)
Femme En Fourrure ft. Pykari – Ride (2)
Simian Ghost – Eat The Rich (1)
MGMT – When You Die (~)

My spotify picks arrow right.gif {A-List} arrow right.gif {B-List} arrow right.gif {C-List}

This post has been edited by Jüpiter: Feb 15 2018, 11:56 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Feb 13 2018, 03:05 PM
Post #2
rip in peace Dickston
Group: Members
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

Hi Jupiter!

MGMT at #1! ohmy.gif What an odd chart run When You Die has laugh.gif

Rockstar only just entering now? laugh.gif Better late than never I suppose

I'm really happy that Wait is Maroon 5's next single for Red Pill Blues. That & Help Me Out were clear hightlights for me so to see it getting a single push is nice. Not sure if I prefer the album version or the A Boogie Wit A Hoodie remix yet though - which sounds better than it... sounds (?) tongue.gif

Nice to see Wilson here too wub.gif

Neon Trees?! ohmy.gif I didn't even realise they still made music! I loved Everybody Talks and Animal back in the day. Searching Animal in Youtube now, I had NO IDEA that song was released in 2010? Wow that makes me feel old (a bit). Everybody Talks was 2012 too, for some reason I've been thinking of it as "That song from early last year" for the past 4-5 years laugh.gif

Great chart!

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Feb 13 2018, 07:04 PM
Post #3
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

I'm seeing a ton of album tracks here tongue.gif

Really hope Troye and JT continue to slay!

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Feb 14 2018, 01:01 PM
Post #4
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Hi Jupiter!

Just given When You Die a listen - seems very quirky but I do like it, I can see it having growing power as well!

New Kimbra must have flown under my radar ohmy.gif Quite nice but Goldmine is still my favourite!

Nice to see Get Out enter as well, that's growing on me biggrin.gif

Great chart biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sergej
post Feb 14 2018, 04:47 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 39,723
   No Gallery Pics

Hello Jupiter!
Nice debuts for CHVRCHES and Post Malone!
Great chart overall!

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Feb 15 2018, 11:54 PM
Post #6
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Thanks everyone for the great comments! Really great engagement this week and lately in general too. It's cool people are taking an interest and enjoying these!

Now onto this week's new entries! There's quite a bunch wink.gif

Highest this week goes to the return of Chvrches, a band dear to my heart who I've followed since their very early beginnings as a support act at smaller shows in Scotland. The band's third album is upcoming this summer after a near-two-year gap since the last one, and it'll be good to have them back. Expect this one to rise next week, it's a bit different from their usual fare - but very addictive!

Couple of slower ones next from newcomer Rhys - who sounds a lot like Pink, in fact I thought it was her at first - and London Grammar too, who here land their sixth charter from their most recent era. Truth Is A Beautiful Thing has earned the group three top tens so far and this might become a fourth. The title still rubs me the wrong way though.

A couple acts score their debut chart entry this week; Hazers, Gun, Future Islands, Post Malone, Aron, and both Punctual and Fabienne of the collaboration Real have not before charted an entry in my top 40. The latter two have been longstanding on my B- and C- lists though for the last few months, as anyone following will have been finding out. See the OP for the links to those playlists on spotify.

And finally for this week some new entries from acts who've appeared before. Doja Cat's managed a top 20 in 2016, The Him a top 30 last year with LissA, Allie X one in both of those years, and G-Eazy fresh off Halsey collab Him & I, and before that, three running top 5s with Britney, Bebe, and A$AP Rocky and Cardi. Expect this one to threaten to become a fourth in the weeks to come!

Til next week, folks wink.gif
As ever additional comments or thoughts are most welcome biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Feb 17 2018, 03:12 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

Hi!

Nice number 1. What a chart run tho ohmy.gif
Hazers - Drive is quite a tune, a tad basic, but it's just so catchy and addictive
White Lies and Calabasas are both great new entries too!

Great Chart!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:03 AM