BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Spice Rate 2019 - The Results!, 20th Dec: Runner up and WINNER announced!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mr.X
post 14th December 2019, 01:09 PM
Post #221
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

Still so f***ing iconique!!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 14th December 2019, 03:57 PM
Post #222
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Honestly I would say it's my favourite song of all time, and I know many people would raise their eyebrows at that, but every single listen of it makes me feel so happy! wub.gif

+Quote this post
southernstar
post 14th December 2019, 05:29 PM
Post #223
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 41,834

So happy for this top 3!!! These are maybe my 3 favorite Spice Girls singles (along with Goodbye, Too Much and Holler)...who will win?? smile.gif

This post has been edited by SouthernStar88: 14th December 2019, 05:30 PM

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 18th December 2019, 10:10 AM
Post #224
Group icon

More replies pleaaaase and then we’ll finally reveal the top 2 cheer.gif

+Quote this post
isanka
post 18th December 2019, 12:23 PM
Post #225
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 88,486

nice for NBTSA & SUYL. 2 nice songs.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 18th December 2019, 04:27 PM
Post #226
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Dec 18 2019, 10:10 AM) *
More replies pleaaaase and then we’ll finally reveal the top 2 cheer.gif

Stop dragging it out bitches pirate.gif pirate.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 20th December 2019, 01:40 PM
Post #227
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

Never Be the Same Again is so good, I actually hadn't heard it until this year laugh.gif but it's been a fantastic discovery!!

Spice Up Your Life is of course a classic wub.gif would've been my choice to win!!

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 20th December 2019, 02:28 PM
Post #228
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(JosephCarey @ Dec 20 2019, 01:40 PM) *
Never Be the Same Again is so good, I actually hadn't heard it until this year laugh.gif but it's been a fantastic discovery!!

Spice Up Your Life is of course a classic wub.gif would've been my choice to win!!

How had you never heard it until this year?!?!? #flopspicefan! tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Maz!
post 20th December 2019, 05:54 PM
Post #229
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 20,217

Final results coming tonight!

+Quote this post
southernstar
post 20th December 2019, 07:11 PM
Post #230
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(ChristMaz! @ Dec 20 2019, 06:54 PM) *
Final results coming tonight!

Can't wait! dance.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 20th December 2019, 08:11 PM
Post #231
Group icon

9.431 - 02. 2 Become 1 SPICE GIRLS

2 Become 1 is your runner-up! cheer.gif

2 Become 1 is a romantic pop ballad, with a safe-sex message... a fact which completely went over my head as a child, as I'm sure it did for the majority of other child fans too! It was only a few years later that it dawned on me what the lyrics meant! This was the Spice Girls' first ballad single, the first of 7 (Spice Girls certainly loved ballad releases!). In my humble opinion, no other girl group mastered the art of the pop ballad quite as well as the Spice Girls did. wub.gif

This was the Spice Girls' third single to be taken from their debut album 'Spice'. Prior to 2 Become 1's release in December 1996, Spice had already sold over 1 million copies in the UK - which was phenomenal given that it had only been available for 6 weeks! Huge album sales didn't stop 2 Become 1 from being massive in its own right! It provided the Spice Girls with their fastest selling single, shifting an astonishing 462,000 copies in its first week, more than enough to instantly become the group's third #1 single - and their first Christmas #1, 23 years ago this week! Sales remained strong in its second week, lifting the total to over 750,000 copies, making it the fifth best selling single of 1996. It joined Say You'll Be There & Wannabe in the Top 5, the fourth and second best sellers of the year respectively. Spice itself was the third best selling album of 1996! Impressively the Spice Girls sold well over 4.5m units of 'Spice', 'Wannabe', 'Say You'll Be There' and '2 Become 1' in just 6 months. 2 Become 1 went on to become a million selling single in the UK, eventually certifying 2xPlatinum in 2018.

2 Become 1 was also a big success worldwide. It reached #1 in Ireland and Spain, as well as cracking the Top 5 in the following countries: Australia (#2), New Zealand, Norway, Canada, the Netherlands (#3), France, US (#4) and Belgium (#5).

For it's single release, the lyrics were edited slightly from the album version. Geri sings "Any deal that we endeavour, boys and girls feel good together" in the original version, but this part was replaced by "Once again if we endeavour, love will bring us back together" for the single version, with Victoria providing the vocals instead. A reason provided for this lyric change was so that the Spice Girls didn't want to alienate their LGBTQ fan base. Geri later confessed that she'd had difficulty in making her vocals sound as perfect as she wanted them to be, due to struggling with singing in the required key. I don't believe it's known why Victoria replaced Geri, but maybe it was because Victoria didn't have a major part in Wannabe?

+Quote this post
Maz!
post 20th December 2019, 08:14 PM
Post #232
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 20,217

The Winner of Spice Rate 2019 is :

9.819 - 01. Viva Forever SPICE GIRLS

Yes, it's VIVA FOREVER!!!!!!!

Viva Forever served as the fourth and final single from the Spice Girls' second album, Spiceworld, and was released on 20th July 1998. It was written by the group with Matt Rowe and Richard Stannard, whilst produced by the latter two. Its lyrics are regarding a summer romance which has come to a natural end.

The song charted well, becoming the band's seventh UK #1 single (on first week sales of 278,000) & gaining a Platinum certification, whilst also topping the charts in New Zealand. It was impressive that Viva Forever was a big commercial success considering that it experienced release date delays & relatively less promotion than previous singles, due to the girls being on tour in America at the time of its release.

It was technically the group's first release without Geri, who had walked out on the band two months prior to this single's release. However it is counted as one of Geri's #1s due to her vocal and writing contributions to the track.

The animated video was commissioned months before Geri's departure, and as such she appears in the video and the accompanying single artwork. The video was directed by Steve Box of Aardman Animations, who utilised a stop motion animation technique with five, 12 inch high Spice Girls fairy puppets. The video's plot is essentially about a young person growing up and leaving their youth behind. A nice touch at the end of the original video was only four of the Spice fairies being visible, flying out of a vending machines - symbolising Geri leaving the Spice Girls (let's not even talk about the new ending in the 4K version of the video xx).

The four remaining members performed the track on shows Top of the Pops and on the National Lottery television show. An adapted pop-opera duet version was performed with Pavarotti at his annual charity event Pavarotti and Friends. The song was also performed live as a five-piece in 2007/8 on their return concert tour, Return of the Spice Girls, and also a 4 piece again at their Stadium tour earlier this summer, with Geri taking over Victoria's lines.

For me it's their best single ever and my all time favorite song! It's a beautiful song and clearly a huge fan favourite. Viva Forever haters just have a shit taste in music as this rate has proven x

Thanks from myself & Jay to all of you who rated & commented!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 20th December 2019, 08:20 PM
Post #233
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

Such a worthy winner!! wub.gif

Thanks so much to Jay and Maury for hosting *.*

+Quote this post
southernstar
post 20th December 2019, 08:27 PM
Post #234
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(ChristMaz! @ Dec 20 2019, 09:14 PM) *
The Winner of Spice Rate 2019 is :

9.819 - 01. Viva Forever SPICE GIRLS

Yes, it's VIVA FOREVER!!!!!!!

Viva Forever served as the fourth and final single from the Spice Girls' second album, Spiceworld, and was released on 20th July 1998. It was written by the group with Matt Rowe and Richard Stannard, whilst produced by the latter two. Its lyrics are regarding a summer romance which has come to a natural end.

The song charted well, becoming the band's seventh UK #1 single (on first week sales of 278,000) & gaining a Platinum certification, whilst also topping the charts in New Zealand. It was impressive that Viva Forever was a big commercial success considering that it experienced release date delays & relatively less promotion than previous singles, due to the girls being on tour in America at the time of its release.

It was technically the group's first release without Geri, who had walked out on the band two months prior to this single's release. However it is counted as one of Geri's #1s due to her vocal and writing contributions to the track.

The animated video was commissioned months before Geri's departure, and as such she appears in the video and the accompanying single artwork. The video was directed by Steve Box of Aardman Animations, who utilised a stop motion animation technique with five, 12 inch high Spice Girls fairy puppets. The video's plot is essentially about a young person growing up and leaving their youth behind. A nice touch at the end of the original video was only four of the Spice fairies being visible, flying out of a vending machines - symbolising Geri leaving the Spice Girls (let's not even talk about the new ending in the 4K version of the video xx).

The four remaining members performed the track on shows Top of the Pops and on the National Lottery television show. An adapted pop-opera duet version was performed with Pavarotti at his annual charity event Pavarotti and Friends. The song was also performed live as a five-piece in 2007/8 on their return concert tour, Return of the Spice Girls, and also a 4 piece again at their Stadium tour earlier this summer, with Geri taking over Victoria's lines.

For me it's their best single ever and my all time favorite song! It's a beautiful song and clearly a huge fan favourite. Viva Forever haters just have a shit taste in music as this rate has proven x

Thanks from myself & Jay to all of you who rated & commented!

I'm so so happy! This is my favorite song! wub.gif
It's the song I would like at my funeral (don't hate me please! tongue.gif )
I love its sweet melancholy...love the ROTSG tour's performance in particular…

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 20th December 2019, 11:25 PM
Post #235
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

Who could ever hate Viva Forever wub.gif

+Quote this post
JaneJ
post 21st December 2019, 08:01 PM
Post #236
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 88,953

Of course it's Viva Forever. banana.gif Goodbye and SYBT deserved better though.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 21st December 2019, 08:19 PM
Post #237
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Such a worthy winner bloody love that song, my favourite of all time!

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 21st December 2019, 09:55 PM
Post #238
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

NBTSA at number 4, Mel C stans need to be banned. Viva Forever the rightful winner.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 21st December 2019, 10:01 PM
Post #239
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Dec 21 2019, 09:55 PM) *
NBTSA at number 4, Mel C stans need to be banned. Viva Forever the rightful winner.

Let's not pretend you're not the most deluded stan out there rolleyes.gif unsure.gif

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 21st December 2019, 10:17 PM
Post #240
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

The success of NBTSA is the reason it is so high, if we are honest it isn't even Mel C's 4th best song, let alone from the whole Spice Discography.

+Quote this post

14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 12:11 PM