BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BST Live at Hyde Park Summer Show, 9th July 2016
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
pippa
post 5th July 2016, 03:46 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

This would be so wonderful to go to but unfortunately i cant afford it at this time.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
milly
post 7th July 2016, 01:07 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,540

Hyde Park is finally sold out for Take That cheer.gif

I've been reading some articles in the past few days about Beyonce and Rihanna's stadiums being only half full. I'm anything but a fan of those 2, but I know they have a huge following and I would have never imagined they'd have trouble selling out. That made me feel a lot better about our boys biggrin.gif They may not be able to sell 3 nights in a row at Wembley anymore, but, 25 years into their career, they seem to still be able to sell out a 50.000+ capacity venue at least for one date. Feeling very proud of them at the moment cheer.gif

+Quote this post
pippa
post 7th July 2016, 04:31 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Delighted it has sold out for Take That.

+Quote this post
dylan62
post 7th July 2016, 05:26 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 23,185

I am so pleased for them. They must continually wonder how long it will all go on for. Pride must also come into it. People will be aware that they've sold multiple stadium shows so at least they can hold their heads up high. Surprised about Beyoncé - I thought her shows had sold out, although I was aware that there were sales issues for Rihanna's tour.

Weather looks like it will hold out for the show. Finished work and catching the coach to London tomorrow. Beginning to get quite excited. I really hope Hyde Park measures up to their other shows. smile.gif

+Quote this post
milly
post 7th July 2016, 05:36 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(dylan62 @ Jul 7 2016, 08:26 PM) *
I am so pleased for them. They must continually wonder how long it will all go on for. Pride must also come into it. People will be aware that they've sold multiple stadium shows so at least they can hold their heads up high. Surprised about Beyoncé - I thought her shows had sold out, although I was aware that there were sales issues for Rihanna's tour.

Weather looks like it will hold out for the show. Finished work and catching the coach to London tomorrow. Beginning to get quite excited. I really hope Hyde Park measures up to their other shows. smile.gif

Have a great time! wink.gif I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I'm looking forward to read your afterwards impressions.

I do have a big honest curiosity for all of you who are going to this kind of events -HP, Glastonbury-: seriously and without any sarcasm, where on earth do you go when you have needs? In a venue, there are always means of access, but, when you're trapped in open field, amongst thousands of other people, do you even make it to somewhere private before need desperately kicks in? tongue.gif

+Quote this post
dylan62
post 7th July 2016, 06:21 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

Good question Milly. The last time I did this kind of venue was the Rolling Stones in the 80's!!! It was so long ago I can't remember how I got by.

To be honest it's my biggest worry. Not to be too graphic but I'm going to reduce my fluid intake as much as possible and 'go' before the crowds get to big. After that it's a case 0f crossing my legs and hoping for the best. They'd better be good smile.gif

+Quote this post
Cat62
post 7th July 2016, 06:40 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 19,479

Great to hear that it's sold out, so very pleased for them.

Dylan and Jay, have a fab time there! I'm looking forward to read your reviews later smile.gif

I've never been to such a big event, but I would probably worry about the toilet issue too! I always do tongue.gif

+Quote this post
milly
post 8th July 2016, 06:21 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(dylan62 @ Jul 7 2016, 09:21 PM) *
Good question Milly. The last time I did this kind of venue was the Rolling Stones in the 80's!!! It was so long ago I can't remember how I got by.

To be honest it's my biggest worry. Not to be too graphic but I'm going to reduce my fluid intake as much as possible and 'go' before the crowds get to big. After that it's a case 0f crossing my legs and hoping for the best. They'd better be good smile.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Have an amazing time, both you and Jay! I'm so jealous of you right now smile.gif

+Quote this post
pippa
post 8th July 2016, 01:05 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I am also extremely unsure.gif jealous right now.

+Quote this post
Cat62
post 8th July 2016, 04:47 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

Me too! I would have loved to be there. I'm sure it will be an amazing show.

And this just reminded me of the European dates which late last year/early this year would be announced "soon". It's now July so I guess it's not happening wink.gif

+Quote this post
jay727
post 9th July 2016, 11:56 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 12,273

Just got back home from the gig...it was fantastic!!

The setlist was ace (opening with Shine, GD and Get Ready For It), vocals were extremely good and production was excellent!

Sigma and Lulu turned up (Lulu sounded really good still), Cry was a real highlight!

Must say, it felt like a Wembley gig. It's really given me the buzz for a full on stadium tour next year. Even as a three, they can still create a fantastic atmosphere and put on a great show! Personally, i think it was the best gig they've done since maybe Progress

This post has been edited by jay727: 9th July 2016, 11:58 PM

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 10th July 2016, 02:35 AM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I wonder will it ever get televised as i would love to see it,

+Quote this post
milly
post 10th July 2016, 06:37 AM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

I watched it on periscope last night - the signal kept getting lost, but I stayed with it till the end smile.gif I loved that Lulu showed up and that they sang It Only Takes A Minute - that song is so bad it's good laugh.gif
Gary was hilarious when he asked 65.000 people to get down on their knees on Cry laugh.gif
And Said It All sounded sooooo good wub.gif

The only part I didn't like - but maybe live sounded better - was Everything Changes; I thought the sharing of lead vocals didn't work on that song; actually, I can't even say it was the sharing of lead vocals, it just didn't sound right, but I can't put my finger on what exactly went wrong.

Glad you had a fantastic time, Jay! smile.gif Did you think it was better than the Apple gig last year?

This post has been edited by milly: 10th July 2016, 06:37 AM

+Quote this post
Cat62
post 10th July 2016, 08:46 AM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

Good to hear that you had a great time Jay. From the pics and short vids I've seen so far it really looked amazing. It must have been fantastic to be there!

+Quote this post
jay727
post 10th July 2016, 10:37 AM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Yes, Milly; think it defo was! Everything changes to me worked well. It's one of my favs so I might be slightly biased there haha

Here's the set list:

Shine
Greatest Day
Get Ready For It
Hold Up A Light
Patience
Pray
The Garden
Up All Night
Said It All
Everything Changes
It Only Takes A Minute/Could It Be Magic
A Million Love Songs
Back For Good
Relight My Fire
Cry
The Flood
These Days
Rule The World
Never Forget

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 10th July 2016, 02:56 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

That is a very strong set list.

+Quote this post
dylan62
post 10th July 2016, 05:50 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

Posting from London after a hard day sight seeing!!

Last night - blessed with lovely weather, a gorgeous back drop and the most wonderful atmosphere. The crowd consisted of so many different ages ranges but throughout the night from the first song to the last there was such a lovely feeling.

As for the review - for Olly fans. A really good entertainer/performer and the most perfect warm up act for TT. I don't think his song catalogue is that strong but he's a consummate performer and the crowd loved him.

TT - a lovely, lovely concert. The start was beautiful and similar to the start of the BW tour. It was a great opening because it allowed for crowd participation right from the off. The vocals were great throughout and generally the set list was strong. The visuals were absolutely beautiful and the fact that they couldn't have too much of a production due to the venue actually went in their favour. The production they did have was strong and it was a beautiful back drop which enhanced rather than distracted from the show.

Highlights for me, surprising as I'm not a fan of the song but RMF went down incredibly well, Cry was a stand out and SIA and Pray were brilliant. RTW at the end of the show with the fireworks was stunning and quite emotional to be a part of . I couldn't see the main stage as I was positioned at the back but luckily in front of the big screen but as the sound was so good we all felt part of the show. The crowd participation from beginning to end was tremendous and all in all it was one of their best shows.

If I have to put a negative spin on the night it would be this - the set list was too short and they performed for under 2 hours. There should have been at least 3 more songs included and I was a little disappointed that they didn't include either WYBTFM or CMH or even Eight Letters. I would also have liked a spin on some of the song as the arrangements largely mirrored previous concerts - so it was somewhat predictable and I felt they could almost have 'phoned ' the performance in. EC was rather strange at the start, I think there may have been a timing issue but it was stronger as it went along.

Overall, a fantastic concert and a privilege to be part of.

+Quote this post
jay727
post 11th July 2016, 09:18 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Great review! Pleased you had a great time too and hope you enjoyed sight seeing!

+Quote this post
dylan62
post 11th July 2016, 10:35 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

Thanks, Jay. Glad you had a fantastic time. Where were you positioned in the park? We weren't able to see the main stage properly because we were so far back and therefore had to make do with the camera angles on the big screen. I thought the sound was excellent and clearer than many an arena tour.

Because of our position we didn't get the full impact of the visuals but the video clips look exceptional. I'd loved a DVD of the show to get the full experience of it. By the way did you go in early enough to hear some of the other acts? People next to us went in quite early and said many of the acts were very good.

I have to say that the atmosphere at the concert was by far the best I've experienced since Circus. I'd go as far as to say that the crowd were an integral part of the night's success and I genuinely think the lads were over coming with the reception they received. Howard in particular seemed quite emotional towards the end. I don't think they expected to play such a big venue as a threesome. I also hope they recognise that they don't need overly lavish productions - and that less is sometimes more.

+Quote this post
milly
post 12th July 2016, 10:45 AM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

I don't think we'll get to hear WYBTFM live in this lifetime, dylan62 smile.gif

I saw many people say that Cry was the highlight of the night. It would be nice if they made it an integral part of their shows from now on.

From the videos I've seen, Pray came across very well too, especially the ending - Gary manages to wow me even after all this time wub.gif

I'm glad you 2 had such an amazing time - maybe you'll get to repeat it next year, on tour smile.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 05:27 PM