BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'The Good Dinosaur' | Nov '15, The 2nd of 2 Pixar films this year.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Jun 2 2015, 09:12 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

We FINALLY have something! Been looking forward to this for a while and it's been in and out of production for SO long now. Neil Patrick Harris is the lead voice in this!

Are you guys excited?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Jun 2 2015, 09:24 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2
Its been ages since we had a new Pixar movie, Monsters University was the last one, not one of my favourites. Finding Dory next year cheer.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jun 3 2015, 10:41 AM
Post #3
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
This looks amazing, easily one of my most anticipated movies this year cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Hadji
post Jun 20 2015, 09:45 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,386
So can't wait for this. Having two Pixar films released this year makes up for having none released last year

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Jul 21 2015, 05:54 PM
Post #5
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
New trailer

Cuteness overload! heart.gif

+Quote this post
post Jul 21 2015, 08:50 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
I have to say it looks a bit basic by Pixar's standards.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 21 2015, 08:59 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Agreed. It looks like it's Disney's best impersonation of the studios that released 'House Of Magic' et al. sad.gif I'm majorly disappointed with the animation, but I think it looks really good, story wise. It looks nothing like 'Inside Out', but we shall see!

+Quote this post
Martyn
post Jul 21 2015, 10:15 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66
It looks really basic, almost as if it aiming for 3 year olds.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 5 2015, 06:41 PM
Post #9
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Hope we get to hear more about this as release is getting closer, at the moment I just think the goofy art style on the realistic backgrounds is jarring and unusual and from the trailer I just didn't get any storyline from it, really hoping it'll be good because Pixar mainly are but I just don't get this yet.

+Quote this post
post Sep 5 2015, 06:51 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
I hope this is better than it looks - It would be a great shame is Pixar took another dip in quality after such a huge return to form with 'Inside Out'

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Oct 7 2015, 12:57 AM
Post #11
Group icon
It seems that Neil Patrick-Harris is no longer a part of this (odd :\)

But here's the new trailer

Although it's still slightly let down by the basic animation (by Pixar's standards), I am a lot more optimistic about this now. Looking forward to it and it looks like it has a hell of a lot of heart <3

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Nov 27 2015, 08:40 PM
Post #12
Group icon
c:
Perhaps the most beautiful animation film of all time. The art style has massively grown on me and the goofy on realistic seemed to have quite a charm to it in the end. I feel like this'll maybe go down as an iconic type of animation that The Good Dinosaur was the founder of. There are some scenes especially where the water just looks SPECTACULAR, and the whole scope of the scenery really made you understand how far away Arlo was.

It had charm, likeable characters, a good story and nice art but it's not one of Pixar's best for me, the story was pretty much a total rehash of The Lion King (from dead dad, to ghost dad to being reunited with family and earning your place). I also wish it had more laughter moments, Inside Out had a lot of good jokes whereas I didn't realise laugh at this outside of the hole mole creature things already seen in the trailer. Saying that, I did like some of the quirks like how there would be Apatosaurus farming families and how they go about their daily jobs.

Overall, I enjoyed the film and it hit all the right emotional spots but Inside Out was a 100x more original and just overall stronger.

+Quote this post
jakewild
post Nov 27 2015, 08:43 PM
Post #13
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790
feel like this is gonna flop/suffer just because inside out was such a critical/commercial hit and it's out so soon after

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Nov 27 2015, 08:56 PM
Post #14
Group icon
c:
Oh yeah I forgot some more Lion King parallels too (son comes back and gets confused for father [but this time they look nothing alike so it seems a bit odd], the hyenas are basically the same in this but just birds, even little subtle hints like small character gets bumped around when running in a stampede of wildebeest-like creatures.)

I feel like I'd have enjoyed this way more if Lion King hadn't done it first even though I'd still give this 9/10.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Nov 28 2015, 05:12 PM
Post #15
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
Got to give credit for the absolutely stunning animation. The setting looked so realistic that I had to ponder if it was just the characters that were animated (I'm still not convinced!)

There were some sweet moments, the ending, the stick families in the sand but the story didn't majorly excite me and it felt like one of the characters not being able to have dialogue (that we understand - the kid) might have held it back, at least for me. It definitely felt 'younger'/less adult-friendly than previous Pixar efforts that it doesn't live up to.

Sanjay's Super Team had nothing on Lava either tongue.gif.

+Quote this post
RosaParksMyCar
post Nov 28 2015, 05:22 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
User: 16,548
Didn't this have massive behind the scenes issues? Looks good but will obviously not be a patch on Inside Out.

+Quote this post
randomfurlong
post Nov 28 2015, 06:15 PM
Post #17
Group icon
musing
User: 13,969
This is really bad. The landscape animation is undeniably impressive but it's so photo-realistic it almost becomes redundant - what's the point in animation if it just looks the same as reality? The narrative is so pedestrian and unimaginative, and the concept itself provided so many avenues for an intriguing story so to see it go down the tired 'journey' route - as already discussed in the thread - is so disappointing.

LOVED Sanjay's Super Team however - some gorgeous animation (the wide-eyed character design not withstanding) and great to see such a clearly personal project getting this platform. Could easily have been a full feature and OH, how I wish it had been. (I hated Lava and loved Inside Out, so apparently I'm only allowed to like either the short or the feature. laugh.gif )

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Dec 5 2015, 06:02 PM
Post #18
Group icon
User: 13,007
I went in with pretty low expectations but it did outdo those at times. It took me ages to get into it - the characters i couldn't warm to, the setting while incredible visually, lacked warmth and it just seemed too seen-it-before. I did however around the half-way mark get swept up in it and by the end i'd had tears welling up twice (which isn't a lot for Pixar's standards but it was something!). The ending was beautifully done but all-in-all i found it too predictable a film and certainly the first in ages that Pixar have done that has been aimed almost exclusively at a very young audience.

I'm glad we got it, and it's not my least favourite Pixar film to date but it was pretty mediocre for their standards.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post Dec 5 2015, 06:09 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005
I kind of echo the above posts really. I liked the UK trailer but the first US one made it look like the film's going to be a little childish and boring sad.gif

This post has been edited by Adam's Satsuma🙁: Dec 5 2015, 06:10 PM

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Dec 5 2015, 07:14 PM
Post #20
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Against the majority here, probably in my top 5 Pixar movies ever which is no mean feat ohmy.gif
Absolutely adored this, so cute and beautiful and I cried so much at one part!

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:52 PM